Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-20-2020, 07:03 PM   #31

Well all, i am gonna take a guess here and say next years Brozz will have an option for 21/18" wheels.

Old 01-15-2021, 05:22 PM   #32

I would keep it simple. Go with a modern all digital dash not the cheesy ones that are being offered now. Other changes go with a honda rally style light or a round headlamp that should be a easy change at factory and of course all led lights. Do away with the bike alarm and the remote start why this was ever offered is beyond me. Do away with that dang ignition lock not needed. In place of those add one of those handle bar mounted usb chargers with volt meter. On suspension mod the rear suspension to accept the fastace shock or a shock that is a easy replaceable with aftermarket shocks. Wheels go with aluminum same size is fine. I see no need for the bigger wheels these bikes frame wont take the abuse so why mess with the bigger sizes.Only positive would be more tire choices but at a hugh weight penalty. Have the air box mod a little to allow for aftermarket exhaust. As a accessory have the factory make a piece of pipe available which would make it easy for the owner to cut out cats and the new section already precutt and bent with shield mounts would be really nice. Decals keep the brozz name lowprofile, ok to make 250 bigger.

Old 01-15-2021, 05:56 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianjmt View Post
Wheels go with aluminum same size is fine. I see no need for the bigger wheels these bikes frame wont take the abuse so why mess with the bigger sizes

When it comes to trail off-road those frame can take a lot of abuse and that 21/18 is way better than a 19/17 for going off road. The risk of rusting out the frame is greater than cracking it.
Yes if you jump with them you are going to break them eventually... But they are not jumpers, just looking at the weight of the motorcycle you can clearly see it is not meant to jump...

On the other hand most of the chinese mfg when it comes to stock aluminum wheels they use 6061 alloy instead of 7050 or 7075 plus they are barely any lighter than stock steel rims...

Old 01-16-2021, 12:37 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Dog View Post
When it comes to trail off-road those frame can take a lot of abuse and that 21/18 is way better than a 19/17 for going off road. The risk of rusting out the frame is greater than cracking it.
Yes if you jump with them you are going to break them eventually... But they are not jumpers, just looking at the weight of the motorcycle you can clearly see it is not meant to jump...

On the other hand most of the chinese mfg when it comes to stock aluminum wheels they use 6061 alloy instead of 7050 or 7075 plus they are barely any lighter than stock steel rims...

Ummm SHHH No one needs to know the truth!! The key word Aluminum...... Everyone will shut up after aluminum. The tire size 95% that buy these bikes probably never put them in the mud if they do its just dirt roads. That would be my case just gravel/dirt/farm roads occasionally. I avoid mud holes etc... mud is to damn hard to clean up.

My point is to get the bike up to a modern look (Rally style be dang nice) and tech first. Key word LOOK!!! Get rid of unnecessary chinese bling and get some useful chinese bling on board. Get the stuff spec'd that makes changing to aftermarket easy ie rear shock. This will sale way more bikes. My biggest turnoff is the cheap look of the bikes electronics, lights, oddball size suspension(rear shock again) and especially the cartoon decals. My god the Peace logo's enough already. but hey this is Asian culture.

As of now once I buy one I basically have to replace everything, everything! The performance parts will always be our responsibility EPA regs. But damn why should I have to replace everything. When you start doing this heck your just a few C notes away from quality KLX 230 price.

Case and point Peace brought in the super moto version but didnt bother to upgrade anything. I wanted one of these bad even tried to have one shipped from Puerto rico. Then I saw it up close. No thanks!!! No one wants that cheap LOOK. From the distance really cool bike but up close no way around you are on a cheap, i mean cheap china knockoff. Major turnoff and to any chics a guy may try to pick up. umm yea you get laughed right out of the Mall parking lot.

Get the look and Peace you would sale the hell out of these things. Oh one more thing why is it so hard to actually get the color matches to real bikes? With actual color codes everywhere online they dont even have to guess or steal these. This is a no brainier even for the Chinese but yet you are still several shades off on colors. Why?

Old 01-16-2021, 04:59 AM   #35

Quote:
that 21/18 is way better than a 19/17 for going off road.
The 21/18 is also better for tire selection by about a factor of 1000.

As far as the aluminum wheels. I don't even care about the weight as long as they are round and straight. They should also be a bit stronger and not rust away like the cheap chinese steel wheels will eventually do.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 01-16-2021, 10:07 AM   #36

I know this thread is about Brozz improvements but no one is addressing the real issue. There are very little tire selection for 19/17 wheels in North America. Peace is a Chinese importer, how about importing several varieties of 19/17 tires? Obviously these sizes are a lot more common in Asia. Then everyone that already has these wheels as well as future sales will be able to buy tires suitable for there needs. Then the 21/19 is no longer a problem except for guys that want to do serious off road ing and need a bigger wheel.

2014 Honda CB500XA
2016 CSC TT250
1976 Honda CJ360T
2022 Honda Navi

Old 01-16-2021, 12:05 PM   #37

A kill switch on the starter control and the emergency flashers switch on the lights control.

Foldable gearshift lever

More powerful battery with battery box for more common size replacement batteries and battery tender with pigtails

Shipped with tube of blue Loctite and small samples of lubes, like chain and cable, axle grease etc ( maybe you could partner with lube companies to get free samples)

Old 01-16-2021, 04:19 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianjmt View Post
Ummm SHHH No one needs to know the truth!! The key word Aluminum...... Everyone will shut up after aluminum. The tire size 95% that buy these bikes probably never put them in the mud if they do its just dirt roads. That would be my case just gravel/dirt/farm roads occasionally. I avoid mud holes etc... mud is to damn hard to clean up.
Short history: A few years ago a bunch of people made a company, they started importing chinese alloy rims. At first they were selling them as "OFF ROAD!!!" and the price was a 1/3 of a Takasago or similar brand...
A lot of people tried them on their off road motorcycle, even when properly laced they could not hold the abuse....
There were sue all of the place.....

That company still exist but now when you buy a chinese alloy rim, they state "NOT FOR OFF-ROAD USE"

But yes they could put a few USB charging port and an auxiliary power outlet.
Got this one a few days ago, for about 5 usd. So i guess a reseller could get for pennies

Name:  IMG_7655.JPG
Views: 271
Size:  21.1 KB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadan View Post
The 21/18 is also better for tire selection by about a factor of 1000.

As far as the aluminum wheels. I don't even care about the weight as long as they are round and straight. They should also be a bit stronger and not rust away like the cheap chinese steel wheels will eventually do.
There is a chinese mfg that supplies the Hubs and rims used on the everyday use low cc motorcycle sold by Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki and Kawasaki. Yamaha even use those steel rims on some Lander variants.

I don't know the name of the mfg but this is the their logo.
Name:  IMG_2251.JPG
Views: 272
Size:  17.3 KB

The chrome plating is quite good and needs little care.
Those resellers who want to sell more "premium" chinese motorcycle are now using that brand of rims.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker_Andy View Post
There are very little tire selection for 19/17 wheels in North America. Peace is a Chinese importer, how about importing several varieties of 19/17 tires?
Is not only in the US, that tire combo is not very common anywhere. It is mostly used on bigger adv bike and like you said the tire selection is poor.
Here i can anywhere in the country and i can find plenty of 21/18 combos.
Not only brand but type of tire.. 19/17 you are mostly limited and in some parts you won't even find the tires.

Old 01-16-2021, 06:58 PM   #39

Quote:

Is not only in the US, that tire combo is not very common anywhere. It is mostly used on bigger adv bike and like you said the tire selection is poor.
Here i can anywhere in the country and i can find plenty of 21/18 combos.
Not only brand but type of tire.. 19/17 you are mostly limited and in some parts you won't even find the tires.
That, and the tires used in that diameter on most ADV bikes are much wider than the ones seen on bikes like the Brozz. usually a 110 or 120 width front and a 150-170 width rear. In those widths there are a lot more options. The sizes seen on the cheap bikes are extremely uncommon, so the choices are almost non-existent.

You could, in theory, run wider rims on the brozz and other bikes so equipped, but they lack chain clearance out back for much wider than a 140 width, and only with shallower tread depths or more street oriented tires.

Realistically speaking the best option is still the 18 rear and 21 front wheel diameters, no matter how you slice it.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 05-19-2021, 09:55 AM   #40

After thinking about this and noticing the #3 question usually asked is "how do lower my bike" (#1 is usually carburetor or exhaust questions).

So why not open up your demographic to adding a "low seat height option". Either by offering a lower seat (like Csc) or a shorter shock? You may not want to mess with the geometry of the bike for some liability sake, but an optional lowered seat should be easy.
Mods so far- Brozz swingarm, 21" front rim (Bridgestone Tw302 rear/Dunlop D606 front tires), Digital gauge cluster, pz30b pumper carb, after market hand guards, aftermarket brake and clutch levers, round fold away mirrors, Fly handlebars shortened slightly, 13t front sprocket
2009 Q-link Legacy 250
1982 Suzuki GS1100ES - "Jolene"