Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-02-2020, 03:49 PM   #1

Saber Cat 200 cc Trike

Does anyone have any experience with this trike? They are branded as different names too. I’ve seen a few online. Looks interesting.

Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 9C56C7C9-54B4-4445-9168-A27FC03ECC21.jpg (20.7 KB, 263 views)
2022 GPX FSE 450R

Old 08-05-2020, 10:28 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spins View Post
Does anyone have any experience with this trike? They are branded as different names too. I’ve seen a few online. Looks interesting.

Thanks
I have not seen one person here join us with one, or one of the current members announce they bought one. I have been interested in them for my semi-retirement business idea--rentals in the touristy areas of Central/Southern California, since they are California-legal and California allows one to ride a trike of any kind with only a regular driver's licence opening up the market to anyone with a driver's license. But, things are crazy right now as far as tourism goes.

There are a few videos emerging of them. I know they retail for around $3k or so. Quality seems to be about decent (taking the Chinese into account). Should easily hit 50 mph, but surprised if not 55+ thanks to the larger engine.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 08-06-2020, 06:41 AM   #3

I’ve seen one locally once parked by the street as I drove by. Thought it might be broke down as it in a weird spot. I’ve been looking for a local dealer to take a closer look. I was unable to find any real owner reviews online. It seems their prices online are going up . I’ve seen them for as much as $4k delivered. That’s a little steep to me for a China trike with no support.
2022 GPX FSE 450R

Old 08-06-2020, 06:03 PM   #4

At $4k is a little steep, but in theory, the GY6 engine is a 'dime a dozen' affair, so should be similar to buying a dual-sport as far as engines go--if worse comes to worse, drop a new one in, lol. However, not sure how that reverse 'trick' goes engine-wise as all other scooters do not offer reverse.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 04-01-2021, 03:00 PM   #5

I bought one of these thru Bobcat's, hopefully it gets delivered on time in 1 month. Looks nice see bunch of youtube videos of people who bought them and looks fun. I paid $3.6k, crazy some asking for a lot more like $4.5k on their site, for $9-$10k you can get Cam-Am with lot bigger motor. I have to take a look at the trike when I get it, I want as a possible project much later to put some 3kw-5kw hub motors on the two front wheels with regen have it all wheel and move a little faster. Not sure how it work for the battery situation.