Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pure Dirt
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-04-2021, 08:51 AM   #1

Xmotos 250 VM26 jetting help

hey guys! first post on the forum and completely new to these Chinese bikes. i tried the search function and went through quite a few posts and learned a lot about what I have gotten myself into but didn't answer my question specifically.

i just purchased a 2020 xmotos 250 and while the guy at the shop I bought it from "adjusted" the carb it still ran like crap right out of the box. Hard to start, stumbled with any throttle etc. anyways, I picked up the mikuni vm26 knock off from amazon and will be putting it on the bike tomorrow when I have time. also picked up the extended air/fuel mixture screw so I can tune it once I get it on.

the only question i have is this. i bought some jet kits from amazon as well and while the main jets fit, the pilot jets don't(i think they are for the keihin not the mikuni although the description said otherwise) anyways, the pilot that came in the carb is a 42. is that too big to be able to safely run the bike this weekend? or should I just try to be patient and order another pilot jet kit that will fit? worst case scenario it is going to run rich as hell up to 1/4 throttle. I'm going to start with the 115 main and work my way up from there. currently needle is set in the middle clip position.

any advice will be greatly appreciated!