Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-16-2021, 01:06 AM   #1

Should I get Tao Rhino 250 or Bull 200

Hey all, been lurking for a couple of weeks but decided to post finally. I'm gonna purchase a new ATV soon and getting very excited. Been doing so much research over the past few weeks. This forum has helped a ton.

I'm leaning towards the two mentioned. Because I want a brand new vehicle, but I'm not trying to break the bank. Maybe one day I'll get the expensive high end one, but I'm so ready to go out on the open dirt trail by any means necessary. Plus, I want to make sure that it's something I really wanna do without making an expensive mistake. I live in a dense city, so won't be using it for farming or hauling. Just go out on the trails a few times a year and have a blast.

From what I've researched, my noob logic says to get a rhino since it has higher CCs and faster. But I was able to hop on a Bull today (only one the dealer had) and it's an impressive looking machine plus it's an automatic with a cool electronic display. But has a lower CC and doesn't go as fast. But according to the stats, it's more powerful, more torque. I want to ride some trails, but nothing crazy off-road mud and crazy rocks just yet. Go up some dirt hills with no problem. I'm a speed guy so that's why I'm leaning towards the rhino.

Plan on going to another shop that has both to do a side by side test and see which one is right for me. But would love to hear you all's input. I really want to know is there significant power and speed difference between the two? I'm 5'11 270 so it has to be able to handle my big ass. Auto vs manual isn't a huge issue as I had no problem with a manual when I rented one. Any other info would be great that you think would help with my decision as well as any tips about these atvs. Thanks!

Old 02-16-2021, 09:08 AM   #2

You'll likely get better responses then mine but I own a Bull and am happy with it. I wanted an automatic so that was part of my decision. I really only ride trails and like you just a handful of times a year. Speed wasn't really an issue for me. On trails I'm usually only in the mid to high teens, not sure I would want to go much faster anyways. The Bull seems reliable and I haven't really had any issues yet with it. It's been able to handle anything I've wanted to do. Parts seem a little harder to find than other models like the Rhino though. You probably won't go wrong with either one. Rhino seems to have been around for a long time and has a good following. Your side by side test should help you decide. Welcome to the forum.

Old 02-16-2021, 09:20 AM   #3

I just bought a Vitacci Pentora 250 with manual trans, I've had it about 2 weeks now and had it out a few times. Love it so far. I don't now how this quad compares to the ones you are considering but just thought I'd drop my experience.

Old 02-16-2021, 09:42 AM   #4

I've never even seen a Bull but have lots of time on a Rhino. The Rhino is a simple design and rather crude but the CG engine is very good. I understand the Bull has front disk brakes that actually work as opposed to the almost useless front drum brakes on the Rhino. If you're planning on going fast rather than crawling around on trails, brakes that work could be useful.

Old 02-16-2021, 04:49 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SevereTrauma View Post
You'll likely get better responses then mine but I own a Bull and am happy with it. I wanted an automatic so that was part of my decision. I really only ride trails and like you just a handful of times a year. Speed wasn't really an issue for me. On trails I'm usually only in the mid to high teens, not sure I would want to go much faster anyways. The Bull seems reliable and I haven't really had any issues yet with it. It's been able to handle anything I've wanted to do. Parts seem a little harder to find than other models like the Rhino though. You probably won't go wrong with either one. Rhino seems to have been around for a long time and has a good following. Your side by side test should help you decide. Welcome to the forum.
Awesome, thanks for the response. Definitely helps.

Old 02-16-2021, 04:53 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudflap View Post
I've never even seen a Bull but have lots of time on a Rhino. The Rhino is a simple design and rather crude but the CG engine is very good. I understand the Bull has front disk brakes that actually work as opposed to the almost useless front drum brakes on the Rhino. If you're planning on going fast rather than crawling around on trails, brakes that work could be useful.
Yeah, I highly doubt I'll go super fast to start off, but would like the option to be able to. From what I've read, seems like the Rhino engine is a lil better.

I could be wrong, but the Bull is more expensive because of the features like the electronic display, chrome rims, and being automatic, and a prettier trim, correct? Thanks for the response!

Old 02-16-2021, 04:58 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nizmo215 View Post
I just bought a Vitacci Pentora 250 with manual trans, I've had it about 2 weeks now and had it out a few times. Love it so far. I don't now how this quad compares to the ones you are considering but just thought I'd drop my experience.
Yeah, looking into that one two. Definitely in consideration. Thanks man! I'm gonna test drive this one as well.

Old 02-16-2021, 07:50 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nizmo215 View Post
UPDATE: Went and checked out the Vitacci 250 and loved it. Ended up buying it!! SO STOKED!!!

Old 02-16-2021, 08:34 PM   #9

Congrats. I'd never heard of that until recently. I googled it the other day. It's a very nice looking quad. Hope it treats you well.

Old 02-17-2021, 10:02 PM   #10

I have a 2021 Viataci Cougar 200 Sport. I really like it so far. Some of the welds on the frame are questionable to me (a lot of splatter) but we'll see how it holds up. What I like is that it has zerk fittings and brass bushings in all of the A-Arms. I think though that the new Bull 200's have that as well. I've never seen one in the flesh though.

Tags
bull 200, tao tao rhino, tao tao rhino 250cc atv