Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-03-2021, 04:54 PM   #1

Just got my Lifan X-Pect, Refurbished. No regrets yet.

I ordered a refurbished 2020 X-Pect from PowerSportsMax. I was a hesitant to say the least but the discount seemed worth it to me. They told me on the phone that it was assembled by them and then got shipping damage on the way to the customer and they got it back and fixed it. I paid with money orders and got it for just over $1600 total. It came about two weeks exactly after they got the money order. First look at the bike and nothing major. There is scratches around the keyhole and a small scuff on one side of the plastic but that's reasonable for me.

I drained whatever oil was in it and added Shell T4 15w-40, the same stuff I use in my scooter. I assume it'll take a week or two to get the title so I put my scooter plate on it until then and took it around town. It's about 15F here and it started right up on the first try (after I turned the fuel shut off on ) I don't have a lot to compare it to but it's so much nicer than my Tao 150. In every way measurable. First gear is very low and will crawl, much like a dirt bike. It's bitterly cold here and lots of snow so I didn't want to push it too hard but I did get it up to 50mph without any trouble, plenty of speed left once it warms up out and I got it broke in. It's very easy to shift, easy to find neutral, the tires grip the wet road perfectly and the suspension is very smooth. I'm a big guy and there's plenty of travel left in the suspension without adjustment.

When I got it up to speed it sounded a little clacky, I'll check the valves when my hands warm back up.

Other than the scratches, really all I can complain about is it only coming with one key.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bike 2.jpg (117.7 KB, 720 views)
File Type: jpg Bike.jpg (120.5 KB, 667 views)

Old 02-03-2021, 09:57 PM   #2

Nice. Am in Ohio too. PM me if you are ever interest in some riding.

Old 02-04-2021, 07:51 AM   #3

Good deal! Scratch = Character.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 02-04-2021, 12:18 PM   #4

If it was 'slightly damaged' in shipping and sent back why would there even be scratches around the key hole and only 1 key?

Just thinking aloud?

Nice looking bike! What gearing does it come with stock?

Old 02-04-2021, 01:44 PM   #5

Lifan Xpect

Congrats on the Lifan Xpect! I just got one myself about week of having it and I’m loving it! Ordered through Amazon shipping was fast! Paperwork came two days after bike so no conplaints! I’m in Colorado so the EFI is awesome especially since I’m a newbie to riding! Any suggestions on a skid plate that would fit? Clutch and brake levers? I swapped my shift lever for a folding tusk one otherwise still stock.

Old 02-05-2021, 06:35 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaSICKthirtysix View Post
If it was 'slightly damaged' in shipping and sent back why would there even be scratches around the key hole and only 1 key?

Just thinking aloud?

Right, that was also my thinking. Maybe someone drove it around town a few times before deciding it was damaged in shipping? If I really had to guess it seems more like maybe they used it for test rides? I'll never know.

Also throwing up a few more photos. It seems whoever assembled it put the mirror where the controls are supposed to go on one side. I couldn't reach the blinkers.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 146177937_1327797247600130_6853673879143545063_n.jpg (33.9 KB, 587 views)
File Type: jpg 146516291_755932625034903_3899765345256509713_n.jpg (64.7 KB, 594 views)
File Type: jpg bike 3.jpg (102.1 KB, 589 views)

Old 02-06-2021, 09:33 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moongrass View Post
I ordered a refurbished 2020 X-Pect from PowerSportsMax. I was a hesitant to say the least but the discount seemed worth it to me. They told me on the phone that it was assembled by them and then got shipping damage on the way to the customer and they got it back and fixed it. I paid with money orders and got it for just over $1600 total. It came about two weeks exactly after they got the money order. First look at the bike and nothing major. There is scratches around the keyhole and a small scuff on one side of the plastic but that's reasonable for me.

I drained whatever oil was in it and added Shell T4 15w-40, the same stuff I use in my scooter. I assume it'll take a week or two to get the title so I put my scooter plate on it until then and took it around town. It's about 15F here and it started right up on the first try (after I turned the fuel shut off on ) I don't have a lot to compare it to but it's so much nicer than my Tao 150. In every way measurable. First gear is very low and will crawl, much like a dirt bike. It's bitterly cold here and lots of snow so I didn't want to push it too hard but I did get it up to 50mph without any trouble, plenty of speed left once it warms up out and I got it broke in. It's very easy to shift, easy to find neutral, the tires grip the wet road perfectly and the suspension is very smooth. I'm a big guy and there's plenty of travel left in the suspension without adjustment.

When I got it up to speed it sounded a little clacky, I'll check the valves when my hands warm back up.

Other than the scratches, really all I can complain about is it only coming with one key.
It's a nice looking bike! Oh wait - it looks just like mine.

It's a pretty good feeling when it starts instantly and easily (gas, etc. set properly) without the slightest hesitation right after unpacking.

Best of Luck! Enjoy!

Old 02-11-2021, 11:58 AM   #8

I see you have your vin number in the signature, does that mean something?

Old 02-14-2021, 09:13 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moongrass View Post
I see you have your vin number in the signature, does that mean something?
Simply that of the 2020 Lifan X-Pect bikes imported into the US - mine was their 157th.

It kind of makes you wonder how many are imported each year. If more post the last 4 of their VIN - we can begin to get a better idea.

Old 02-14-2021, 10:23 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaSICKthirtysix View Post

These come with 15/46 stock. Owners on videos on Youtube are reporting stock speeds around 65, but those bikes are not broken in. A simple and popular mod is to swap the 15 with a 17. Not enough videos to see if these are capable of 70 stock like Lifan advertises (Lifan has been fairly accurate, or even low, with their other bikes' advertised stock speeds), or what they are capable of with a 17.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 02-23-2021, 09:04 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by goJimH View Post
Simply that of the 2020 Lifan X-Pect bikes imported into the US - mine was their 157th.

It kind of makes you wonder how many are imported each year. If more post the last 4 of their VIN - we can begin to get a better idea.
Ah, okay than mine is number 170.

Old 02-23-2021, 11:24 PM   #12

Mine arrives Thursday, based on the VIN, #273

Old 02-27-2021, 09:00 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussellTA View Post
Mine arrives Thursday, based on the VIN, #273
I'm sure you'll be happy with it. It's been nicer weather the past few days and I've put about 300 miles on it. Drives great. Comfortable.

Old 03-11-2021, 07:56 PM   #14

I've had mine to 67ish so far. Plenty fast enough. The KPM200 we have though is faster (and 6spd) and will do 70 pretty easy. Great bikes and totally impressed with the quality of build. I compared it directly to my 2020 Suzuki VanVan (brand new).

Old 04-15-2021, 04:44 PM   #15

If anyone else is still here or cares, I've just crossed over 1000 miles on my X-Pect. No issues. Had to tighten the chain considerably after a few hundred. Changed the oil a couple times, that's it. Always starts right up. The rear break is squeaking really loud right now, I probably glazed it. I'll take it apart one of these days.

I also put a cheap 40 dollar eBay trunk on it, works good.

I'm really considering wrapping it but IDK how the vinyl will stick to some of the textured plastic panels.