Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-13-2021, 03:00 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyTBR7 View Post
I went through the same research before buying the TBR7. I have all the same upgrades on mine that TxTaoRider describes, plus a handlebar USB port and LED headlight.

I changed the sprockets so I had to switch to a 520 100 link chain with 13 front/ 32 rear, so the 530 was not a factor. I also, changed the shock to a 290mm 1200lb shorter one since I am not that tall. Plus a Minkuni carb, better exhaust, additional burrito tube, license plat storage box to make it more functional. Parts are dirt cheap for the bike, so I figured I might as well get the cheaper one and just put the better quality parts on where it makes sense. It worked out well for me.

Everything these guys said is spot on. I likely read a lot of what they said before purchasing. They know their stuff.

They are right about tires and less options. But there are some options out there for it. A wide aggressive Motox for the rear and a few nice brand options on the front. Its not a huge decision factor difference given that.

But, in New Jersey, the Hawk is a no go for street use with my verification with the DMV. That ultimately made my decision for me.
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention the USB charging port. I've never used it but it's good to know it's there. Lol
Mods so far- Brozz swingarm, 21" front rim (Bridgestone Tw302 rear/Dunlop D606 front tires), Digital gauge cluster, pz30b pumper carb, after market hand guards, aftermarket brake and clutch levers, round fold away mirrors, Fly handlebars shortened slightly, 13t front sprocket
2009 Q-link Legacy 250
1982 Suzuki GS1100ES - "Jolene"

Tags
rps, street, tao tao, tbr7. hawk 250