Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-20-2020, 08:49 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivion View Post
your probably right, I'll try that first... okay then! anyone have a link to good, reliable jets for the stock carb? theirs like... 100000 different jet kits and im not sure which is correct x.x
There was a kid who used to sell the $20 quick start kit, doesn't appear to be around. Hope he comes back.

The carb you have if it is the same as mine is different from the RPS CG motor, there are now quite a few TBR7 owners here that have great info. Do some searches.

And you can drill the pilot if you someone you know has drill press and the talent. It's all that is really needed to make this bike worth riding.

Old 12-20-2020, 09:49 AM   #17

What carburetor comes with a TBR7 these days? A PZ30 I assume. Are they coming with a snorkel type pilot jet or a quick start pilot jet? Maybe the TBR7 owners can chime in. The problem with buying jets prior to getting the bike is that they have use several different styles of pilot jets in a PZ30 so it is often better to wait and take apart your stock carb to see what it has. The stock carbs come with tamper proof screws so you have to notch them for removal and also the idle mixture is sealed and a plug needs removed to get at the adjustments. There is alot of stuff on the forum about tuning PZ30 carburetors. Search the forum. Read the Resource Guide at the top of this thread. Also online Motocheez has a video I think on tuning the HAWK carburetor that shows how to open up the stock carb. If you have no carb tuning experience, getting into the stock carb cheap and tuning it will be valuable experience wherever you go with a later carburetor choice.

Old 12-20-2020, 10:07 AM   #18

Tis the christmas season coming upon us so in that spirit I did some research for yaa. Here is a technical thread by an esteemed forum member gets at the PZ30b issues.

http://www.chinariders.net/showthrea...highlight=pz30

Old 12-21-2020, 11:27 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by China Rider 27 View Post
Tis the christmas season coming upon us so in that spirit I did some research for yaa. Here is a technical thread by an esteemed forum member gets at the PZ30b issues.

http://www.chinariders.net/showthrea...highlight=pz30
okay... you da man. thanks!