Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-30-2020, 08:25 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevItUp View Post
I had a 2017 HAWK 2 250, an SSR Razkull clone and now the 2019 Lifan X-Pect 200 EFI and I have to say this is by far of better build quality and performance!!

I am so impressed with this bike both on and off road. I will post some videos soon showing what this thing can do. I am honestly embarrassed for people who drop 6k on Hondas and the like... and I own a 2017 Kawasaki Z650, i’m all for the big 4 but damn, this thing is amazing.

I’m 215 + a 7lb pack and I can cruise at 65 mph and top out at 67 (gps verified - 2) with stock gearing and I haven’t bottomed out once on gnarly terrain!!

Attachment 18790

Attachment 18791

Attachment 18792
Not trying to flame, but to say you can "cruise" 2mph below your top speed, I guess cruising has different definitions for people.

I've had experience with a few China bikes, and so far gpxmoto has been the highest quality I've seen. It's 85% the quality of jap bikes at less than half the cost.

Chris

Old 11-29-2020, 12:13 PM   #32

South florida adventure sports come by on youtube for everything lifan x-pect

Quote:
Originally Posted by revitup View Post
i had a 2017 hawk 2 250, an ssr razkull clone and now the 2019 lifan x-pect 200 efi and i have to say this is by far of better build quality and performance!!

I am so impressed with this bike both on and off road. I will post some videos soon showing what this thing can do. I am honestly embarrassed for people who drop 6k on hondas and the like... And i own a 2017 kawasaki z650, i’m all for the big 4 but damn, this thing is amazing.

I’m 215 + a 7lb pack and i can cruise at 65 mph and top out at 67 (gps verified - 2) with stock gearing and i haven’t bottomed out once on gnarly terrain!!

Attachment 18790

Attachment 18791

Attachment 18792
come by my channel on youtube

Old 11-29-2020, 12:34 PM   #33

188 mile trip for Thanksgiving 2020 94 miles both ways

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
The two complaints people here on Chinariders had (without seeing one in person, riding one, or owning one) were the spaghetti noodle thin forks and the rear drum. I am planning what to get for my 4th Chinese dual-sport, and am heavily leaning to this one due to Lifan stepping up the quality control, not to mention I will be primarily commuting 33 miles a day round trip year round (southwest desert--very HOT summers), so don't want anything too fancy. Forks and drum brake do not really bother me for my intentions, although I will desire to explore Arizona trails here and there now that I moved back here for good. I will probably throw on a 17 countersprocket to maximize my road capabilities. I know that Caesar of Small Engine Velocity has gotten a higher top speed out of the 3 Lifans he has. He bought his own KP Mini 150 and was able to get about 70 mph stock out of it, 82 top speed on the KPR 200, and if I recall over 80 on the Lycan 250. All are above what Lifan claims. They claim 70 for the X-Pect, and I am guessing yours is not even fully broken in. Caesar has not done a top speed run on the X-Pect as of yet, as far as I can tell. Disclaimer--Caesar is something like 130 pounds, so that might have something to do with his top speeds. Anyway, I look forward to video and reports of your experience with this bike.
Recently change my front sprocket to 172 and lost one of the screws So the plate rattled off other than that it ran great Didn't burn off any oil check out my channel south florida adventure sports for more

Old 11-29-2020, 03:18 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbmoto View Post
Recently change my front sprocket to 172 and lost one of the screws So the plate rattled off other than that it ran great Didn't burn off any oil check out my channel south florida adventure sports for more
This will help answer questions everyone always asks about dual-sports; top speed. Why? Because most of us have commutes that necessitate being able to maintain 60+ mph. Do you have a video for your near-200 mile trip?

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Tags
lifan, xpect