Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2020, 11:30 AM   #46

Curious, did you do any valve adjustments on the engine at any point? They come quite tight from the factory.

Old 10-21-2020, 08:49 PM   #47

Went to the web site and read their 'warranty' and the limits of their support. It(everything) is all at their discretion, they want you to ship them the broken pieces, on your dime, and THEN they will decide if they will send you replacment parts. No(none, zero, nada, bupkis) labor AT ALL.
I guess you lucked out that they sent new parts, rather than some they scrounged from a bike out in the parts yard... It may be you were lucky to get anything from this vendor.
tom

Old 10-22-2020, 04:30 PM   #48

Just checking back in after a few months away. to answer a question by DeCoy: Yes, I did adjust the valves when new, and multiple times before the failure during my carb tuning. the bike went back together relatively well, although the kickstart was a pain and never quite right afterwards... after putting it back together, i put about another hundred miles on it and then sold the bike in August. it's a decent bike, and I'm considering another for my son's first bike. but after daily riding a KLR650 that i picked up while the Hawk was down, i just couldn't comfortably go back to the lack of power. whatever I do, I won't buy again from any of the TXMotorsports related websites....

Old 10-22-2020, 05:09 PM   #49

Im sorry to hear of the troubles you encountered.. i also bought a bike (Tao DBX1) for my son from TXpowersports and found an oil leak coming from the kickstand seal of all places.. upon contacting TX they were slow to respond and then only directed my to find the part, no guidance around that, luckily i was able to get a response from Taomotors directly and get the part #.. been waiting a few weeks already..
Im looking into a Hawk 250 now and am planning to buy thru Amazon, i figure they will be much easier to deal with as a repuable middle man if any issues arise.

Old 10-25-2020, 02:11 PM   #50

I seem to remember a recommendation for an online seller in previous threads. starts with a "Q" i think? anyways this was offering the same pricing as TXp, but had better service. look around, or maybe someone will know what I'm talking about.

Old 10-25-2020, 03:17 PM   #51

Maybe Q9?

Old 10-25-2020, 10:04 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by franque View Post
Maybe Q9?
Can vouch for q9, they sold me my Hawk 250 and it was a great experience!

Edit: Just make sure you are ording a bike they have IN STOCK.

Old 10-30-2020, 05:31 PM   #53

NEW 250 engine is only $500 retail so I know the dealers are paying around $300 for them.
Alibaba has them for $210 from the factory.

Old 11-09-2020, 09:04 AM   #54

Franque, to answer as I missed the question until now, I have to get into the sump to remove a tang from a HeliCoil wannabe. Someone destroyed the drain plug threads, I bought in broken condition, tried a tap to restore the threads, but they were too far gone. Drilled, tapped, installed the thread insert. Small nose pliers wiggled the tang, but it went for a swim in the sump. Found out it landed somewhere in the kick start and made that difficult to use.
I have it out and partially dis-assembled. Paused to figure out if I need to remove the clutch side assemblies. If I do that, I need information on the balance shaft timing alignment.
tom

Old 12-07-2020, 09:12 PM   #55

youreekaa - thanks for posting this - dealer is rotten. 700miles unless empty on oil was clearly a defect. sorry I cant offer any wisdom.

Old 12-08-2020, 11:53 AM   #56

Thank you. the bike is back together and running, I learned what the inside looks like (and shared through my posts), I got another bigger and faster bike, and now have sold the Hawk to someone who seemingly loves it.

So, all obstacles behind me and my desire to ride is still strong. I look at this small hurdle as a learning experience. All is good!