Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pit/Pocket Bikes & Scooters
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2020, 07:55 AM   #1

Is the Orion 150xl enough?

I'm deciding on a bike to get I'm 5"11 205 on a good day
I have no dirt experience at all only regular motorcycle experience but I want to get in the sport. Do you his think this bike would be enough for me or should I get something bigger they seem super fun to zip around on and hit trails with.
Thanks in advance.

Old 08-21-2020, 08:21 AM   #2

I'm 5"6 190-200lbs and I say you should be perfectly fine on it. size wise you might be a little cramped on it. Power wise they can be a hand full once you tune it in properly they are wheely machines. Now if you want a full size bike you should step up to the 250 it will give you more room on the bike. power wise though the 150 still wins I belive do to how little it weighs. I think the rxb 250 is 18 hp and the 150 is 13hp and you can go way past that on the 150 if you want to go crazy. although it's a beast in stock form I cant immagine what its like at closer to 20hp at what it weighs.

2019 Lifan Xpect

2016 Harley Davidson Roadster

Old 08-21-2020, 10:12 AM   #3

Just the right size for me!

I was looking for a small bike that would fit in my Dodge Caravan and am used to small bikes like the Honda Trail 90, Honda XL100, Honda CB125, and Yamaha DT100, that I have had in the past.

The RXB150 fits into that size class, but is lighter and has more horsepower. When compared to my favorite Trail 90, this (and the small rear tire) makes up for not having a LO-HI gearbox.

I am a trail rider. Nothing too crazy, but I like some steep rocky trails mixed with cruising/sight seeing trails. No dreams of MX. It is also SO much easier to deal with 160lbs on trails than over 300 lbs (or 250 lbs at the best for other 250's).

I am 6 ft, 175 lbs and it fits me perfectly. Some may think it is cramped, but I like a forward sitting position, so having my knees up near the front of the tank is OK.

Seating-wise, I have a very comfortable flat-foot. The seat height is about the same as my TT250, but it has way more ground clearance.

My son is 6 ft and more like 210 lbs, and we say he is "big boned". He looks a little less comfortable on the bike, but still has a good time taking his turn.

Orion RXB 150XL

Old 08-21-2020, 10:52 AM   #4

Hey thanks I appreciate the responses I think I'm gonna order one when they come back in stock. I really like the idea of having a lighter bike to zip around with I don't mind being a little cramped

Old 08-21-2020, 11:17 AM   #5

Hopefully they are back in stock soon. I'm waiting too.

Old 08-21-2020, 12:23 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorcyclelove View Post
Hopefully they are back in stock soon. I'm waiting too.
I sent them a message said the end of this month they should have the stock and the pre order will start this weekend

Old 08-24-2020, 12:15 PM   #7

My son has a Thumpstar 140 TSC-X. Modded with race cam, heavier springs and larger carb. My son is 5'9", 210. We just had it at Famous Reading Outdoors. It was a beast. No problem handling any terrain.

Old 08-24-2020, 05:44 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shermdogg View Post
I sent them a message said the end of this month they should have the stock and the pre order will start this weekend
Will you let us know when it’s actually shipped? I don’t want to give them my $ and it’s a month or so before shipped.