Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-2020, 09:12 AM   #1

Bull 200 gear box oil

Finally got around to changing the gear box oil.Didn't really know how I was going to do it,what I was going to have to remove to get to the fill hole.I didn't have to remove nothing except the drain plug and the fill plug,their both 12mm.For the fill plug,I used a swivel with a 12mm socket and a long extension.I had bought a quart of full synthetic 75W90 way back right after I had purchased the atv,just never got around to it.The manual calls for 80W90 so I decided to get some 80W90 instead of using what I already had,I'll use it in the bush hog.I didn't know exactly how I was going to get it in there,plan was to put 200 ml(manual calls for 200 ml) in a different bottle with a long hose and try to squeeze it in there.Had to go to town yesterday morning so I thought I would stop at one of the car part stores and get some 80W90 gear oil.So I picked up the Lucas 80W90 along with the Performance tool fluid pump.You could probably make you a pump out of a hand lotion bottle.The pump I bought worked good.I got lucky by having a hose that would fit inside the pump hose plus go inside the transmission fill hole.Instead of measuring out 200 ml I just pumped gear oil until it started coming out of the fill hole.Didn't take to many pumps to do that.The gear oil in there still looked good though.Now I know it has good oil in there now and is good to go.That pump was a little pricey for what it is but it will fit quarts and gallon jugs as long as it is not a Redline product.The Lucas gear oil was a dollar more than the other brands unless it was synthetic.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Gear oil 002.jpg (82.2 KB, 205 views)

Last edited by dugndeep; 07-28-2020 at 09:56 AM.

Old 07-29-2020, 02:18 AM   #2

Check out my thread, there are two drains oils on the GY6 if you have a build in reverse.
http://www.chinariders.net/showthrea...t=25109&page=3

Old 06-12-2023, 04:08 PM   #3

Hey , that’s for sharing. I am changing to trans oil. Just having trouble finding the fill holes. You didn’t happen to take any pictures by chance , did you?