Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pure Dirt
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-02-2020, 09:40 PM   #1

Logan lf70 issues

Hey all, I just got an old Chinese Lifan 70 running. I got it for practically free in pieces and reassembled it and cleaning the carburetor. It took a couple tries to get the correct CDI unit online but now it rides great. My son sits on my lap with me and we ride around the yard. My first question is where can I get more information about this little Honda monkey imitation? I can't seem to find any sort of online instruction manual or parts diagram. Secondly, drum brakes on the rear is bolted to the Rim with four bolts but two of them are stripped and after riding around a little bit they come loose. I need a new rear brake hub assembly. Any ideas where I can get one or what I can substitute in there? Thanks in advance

Old 06-03-2020, 11:36 AM   #2

The lf70 is a replica of the Z50 Honda. Besides Lifan, Skyteam has a 125cc clone-ish version that is still in production, and Ice Bear (which currently has a very popular DAX/CT-70 style bike called the Champion 125) used to also manufacture and offer a Z50 clone. Skyteams' bikes have been and still (not RIGHT now but in the last year or two) are sold via several brands. The most notable brand that is selling Skyteam's whole line of Honda clones is Pitster Pro. Their version of the Z50 is called the Mini Rover, although their replica is based on a different year Z50 so has a slightly different look. I am guessing that parts should be somewhat compatible because it has been reported that with these clones, numerous parts will interchange with the original 1960s and 1970s (and later in the case of the DAX/CT70 clones) bikes. Because of their diminutive size, the Z50 clones were not as popular as the DAX/CT70 clones, but they were out there. I am guessing that since these interchange with the originals, parts from Skyteam should fit the Lifan. I would try Pitster Pro, and if they are still in business, Trail Buddy. In fact, they still have a site and have Z50 parts here https://mytrailbuddystore.com/z-50.aspx. You will probably have to call Pitster for parts, if they have any in stock.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard