Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-07-2020, 02:00 AM   #1

TBR7 brake light issues

Hey guys, im having issues with the rear brake light not coming on when pressing the rear brake. It is hydraulic. Also the brake seems very weak. I tried adjusting with no results. I bled the brake and set to proper level. Thanks in advanced.

Old 05-07-2020, 02:26 AM   #2

They use a hydraulic brake light switch if I remember correctly. If there is not enough pressure in the master cylinder the brake light will not activate. If I had to guess the same issue causing that problem is also why your brakes feel like crap.

That guess would be that you still have hair trapped in the master cylinder, or you have bad piston seals in the rear master. Either condition would cause both issues.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 05-07-2020, 03:45 AM   #3

Thank you. I will look into it.

Old 08-21-2020, 09:48 PM   #4

Head Scratching My bike, 2020 tbr7

Hi all, in response to this question about rear brakes, my tbr7 rear pedal seems to require excessive pressure to turn on the rear light, also my rear brake seems to exhibit the symptoms of a warped rotor, though on closer inspection of parts back there, disk, caliper, wheel ,spokes, axle etc. Nothing seems amiss the bike only has 850? KM. on it. Caliper has never been apart. Bleed the brake?. Any videos on that process? The brake feels grabby at spots. Not weak
Thanks all.
Safe riding
CHRISTOPHER

Old 08-21-2020, 10:44 PM   #5

My bike, 2020 tbr7

Hi all. Update on my brakes, went out a few minutes ago and checked my rear master cylinder, WOW, took off the lid to that TINY. thats all the master cylinder there is for this bike. Holds about 1.5? Ounces maybe. Looked inside and the fluid looked milky ish. Not clear at all. Tried to bleed the line, dont think any air came only 4-5 drops of (fluid?). I have DOT 3 downstairs. Ill try flushing it out tomorrow. Hope that fixes the light problem also. Ill keep you posted.
CHRISTOPHER

Old 08-22-2020, 05:38 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captcj68chris@aol. View Post
...Looked inside and the fluid looked milky ish. Not clear at all...
CHRISTOPHER
Was your sight glass milky? And does the level fill the glass. Mine is clear and all I have to do is barely move the foot pedal with my hand and the brake light comes on. Also I haven't modified or adjusted my 2019 TBR7's braking system from factory except check bolt tension.

Although small and tough to get wet, I wonder if your reservoir cover has a bad o ring or something.

Old 08-22-2020, 05:57 PM   #7

My bike, 2020 tbr7

Hi all. Flushed out my rear brake line today. At first just fliud came out, but after filling up the TINY TINY master cylinder some air bubbles came out in the line. I did put a clear tube on the bleeding valve and did not let the level in the master drop anywhere near 3/8th from the top, took my time flushed out about 4-5 ounces of fluid into a clear container. Fluid that came out didn't look to bad maybe it was just the top layer I saw that was milky. Dabbed out some fluid from the master with a paper towel first, didnt want that gunk going through the lines. Light seems to come on with less pressure. Will take a ride in a lil while and let you know
CHRISTOPHER

Old 08-22-2020, 11:51 PM   #8

My bike, 2020 tbr7

Hi all took my bike for a ride after bleeding, flushing brakes, no change. I guess thats just the way it is. More of a slight annoyance, only prominent at slow speeds comming to a stop. Ohh well.
CHRISTOPHER