Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-13-2020, 11:20 AM   #1

Hello from MA

Hello everyone happy to be here, im looking to pick up my first dual sport soon. Im not 100% sure what im going to buy just yet but im eyeing the 2020 Brozz 250 currently. Im a bit torn between getting the Brozz or spending a little more for a slightly used CRF250L mainly because I dont want to get stranded anywhere. Im pretty mechanically inclined, went to school for automotive, built a few cars so that aspect of china bikes doesn't scare me. The other part of me considering the 250L is trying to register and plate a china bike in MA. Needless to say MA sucks for anything like this so I will most likely need to register it through the Vermont loophole.

That brings me to an insurance question. Honestly I dont even want to put insurance on a cheap bike like this but to keep it road legal I believe I have to have some sort of minimum coverage. If I register and plate the bike in Vermont am I able to put insurance on it even though I live in MA? I dont have a residence in Vermont to use as an address so I dont know if that effects trying to get insurance on it or not.

Realistically ill mostly be riding paved back roads, some fire roads and local light woodsy areas, there aren't a ton or trails immediately around me that I can ride too even though I would like too. I can always throw the bike in the back of my truck and a quick 1hr ride up the interstate im in NH or ME, there are many trails and small towns up there.

Main reason why I like the Brozz is it seems to be more "street" oriented than some of the other slightly cheaper bikes out there. I like the little creature comforts it has, its styling and seems to have a pretty good reputation on here. Also the vendor Peace seems like a nice company to deal with.

Old 02-13-2020, 11:31 AM   #2

Welcome aboard! The Brozz is a good quality bike with a good dealer that will give you great after sales support. You have the get the cheap china bike stuff out of your head. lol These bikes are very reliable. My Hawk is over 3 years old with 7800 + miles on it. It hasn't left me stranded anywhere.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 04-08-2020, 10:28 AM   #3

Hi cnano,

I am from southern MA and I have a hawk registered and insured here in MA. It was super easy just like registering any new vehicle. Insurance is pretty cheap at 110 a year. Good luck man! If you are close to the cape let me know.