Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-20-2020, 08:45 AM   #1

Couldn't help my self had to order another

So I broke down and pulled the trigger on an orion rxb 150xl last night. The thing looks like to much fun not to have one. And the few videos I've seen on the 125/150 say the build quality is actually quite good for a China bike. I had already figured I would be buying one any way as I had started to buy parts for it a couple days ago. I got a 17t sprocket comeing and a new chain. Also have a license plate braket and a set of jets on the way to. If I like this thing as much as I think I will. I'll be ordering a 190 motor this summer to. With my tight schedule I also selected the option to have it ready to go apon arrival just add gas and go it will be broken in already to. I Cant wait to ride this thing.

2019 Lifan Xpect

2016 Harley Davidson Roadster

Old 02-20-2020, 10:07 AM   #2

awesome! i would have got the 150 if it was avail at the time. that extra 25cc will be in the awesomeness zone! very easy to assemble and mod. lightweight too!

Old 02-20-2020, 11:39 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by imapdog View Post
awesome! i would have got the 150 if it was avail at the time. that extra 25cc will be in the awesomeness zone! very easy to assemble and mod. lightweight too!
Thats one of the main reasons I got it I was wanting an ultra light bike to blast around town with. I was affraid in order to get a bike 200lbs or less i was stuck with a grom clone not my thing. Then I seen this and knew it was perfect for what I wanted light weight good power and looks good to. Curious what kind of gas mileage did you get out of your 125. With it only haveing a 1 gallon tank I immagine range is not that good.

2019 Lifan Xpect

Old 02-20-2020, 11:56 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss27gogeta View Post
Thats one of the main reasons I got it I was wanting an ultra light bike to blast around town with. I was affraid in order to get a bike 200lbs or less i was stuck with a grom clone not my thing. Then I seen this and knew it was perfect for what I wanted light weight good power and looks good to. Curious what kind of gas mileage did you get out of your 125. With it only haveing a 1 gallon tank I immagine range is not that good.
i only put 75 miles on it in two tanks worth, then i sold it. not sure how much was left in the tank on sale day. i ripped it hard though, and not a way to determine mileage. i only ran ethanol free and used a canister to refill it at home. i could see this 1 gallon capacity being a burden for everyday use. my petcock leaked on me the day of sale and almost lost my wits until i turned the tiny screws on the petcock valve plate until leak went away. pay atten to it as mine was crap and would have replaced it if i kept her. i really noticed more power after i installed the new racing cdi and coil with ngk plug n wire

Old 02-20-2020, 12:50 PM   #5

Congrats on the new bike. These little china bikes are so inexpensive, addictive. and cheap to mod. I think everyone will own one, two, three. …. Where does it end? lol I know cause after three years I had to get another one to tinker around with.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 02-20-2020, 12:58 PM   #6

Quote:
i only put 75 miles on it in two tanks worth, then i sold it. not sure how much was left in the tank on sale day. i ripped it hard though, and not a way to determine mileage. i only ran ethanol free and used a canister to refill it at home. i could see this 1 gallon capacity being a burden for everyday use. my petcock leaked on me the day of sale and almost lost my wits until i turned the tiny screws on the petcock valve plate until leak went away. pay atten to it as mine was crap and would have replaced it if i kept her. i really noticed more power after i installed the new racing cdi and coil with ngk plug n wire
I've seen the petcock has been an issue for several people and will be going over that really well. I thought about getting the race cdi coil and head work when i orderd. But if I go with a 190 all that stuff comes with it. So figured id save my money for the 190.

2019 Lifan Xpect

Old 02-20-2020, 04:54 PM   #7

Mine is on its way...we'll have to compare notes!

I had some 2nd thoughts about getting the 150, as I am more familiar with the Zongshen brand on the 125. So, I called and talked to Jason aat Orion he assured me the 150 engine is good quality. He thinks better than the stock Zongshen.

I don't figure on doing any mods, just take out to the local trails and riding parks.

Unless....I get a 2nd set of rims so I can swap out to street tires in between trail rides!

Old 02-20-2020, 05:15 PM   #8

the speedo will be set to metric when delivered

i couldnt find this anywhere on how to set speedo to standard.
turn off key. Depress and hold right side button on display and turn on key at the same time. Keep holding until it changes

Old 02-20-2020, 05:45 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryHawk250 View Post
Congrats on the new bike. These little china bikes are so inexpensive, addictive. and cheap to mod. I think everyone will own one, two, three. …. Where does it end? lol I know cause after three years I had to get another one to tinker around with.
I have to aggre the price point on these bikes is so cheap its hard not to have several. And being cheap im not as affraid to do custom mods since if I mess it up parts are cheep to replace. And I like being able to try diffrent bikes since most bikes are around 2k or less I can buy a bike every year and try something diffrent I could not afford to do that with Japanese bikes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goob View Post

I had some 2nd thoughts about getting the 150, as I am more familiar with the Zongshen brand on the 125. So, I called and talked to Jason aat Orion he assured me the 150 engine is good quality. He thinks better than the stock Zongshen.

I don't figure on doing any mods, just take out to the local trails and riding parks.

Unless....I get a 2nd set of rims so I can swap out to street tires in between trail rides!
Your bike is all ready on a truck on its way if so that's way faster than TX power sports shipped my xpect. I seen they were a diffrent brand engine. The thing I'm wondering is if a daytona 212 kit would fit this other brand engine. I know. There is a way to make it work on the zongshen. But I'll call orion when I'm ready to swap and see what they say. The 190 race engine they sell is the same brand as the 150. my plan is to mod this thing to the max and get as much power as I can stuff in this frame on pump gas.

Quote:
i couldnt find this anywhere on how to set speedo to standard.
turn off key. Depress and hold right side button on display and turn on key at the same time. Keep holding until it changes
Thanks this will be helpful.

2019 Lifan Xpect

Old 02-21-2020, 06:00 AM   #10

They look great, wish you luck with it.

Old 02-21-2020, 07:02 PM   #11

Bike has been shipped tracking says it will be here Tuesday. Getting so excited I'm really impressed how fast orion shipped the bike.

2019 Lifan Xpect

Old 02-22-2020, 08:10 AM   #12

Keep us informed.