Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-14-2020, 10:15 PM   #1

Grin Apollo DB36 Deluxe

Hey everyone its finally here! took a few hours today and built it up, locktite a lot of things and its pretty much done, im just waiting to get all my mods in the mail and my MCO. I wont be riding for another few months because its freezing and icy here in NY. Cant wait to finalize things and get on the road in a few months. Until then ill be tinkering with it and adding mods as the weeks and months go by. Here are just a few pics...if anyone has any questions, tips or comments, let me know! im super excited for this riding season as always.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1000436.jpg (92.5 KB, 421 views)
File Type: jpg P1000440.jpg (91.9 KB, 406 views)
File Type: jpg P1000444.jpg (91.3 KB, 371 views)
File Type: jpg P1000443.jpg (87.4 KB, 402 views)

Old 02-14-2020, 11:10 PM   #2

I really think you should buy another one to actually ride and keep that one as furniture!!

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 02-15-2020, 12:01 AM   #3

Change oil before starting. make sure its SJ rated. And check them valves before you put too many miles on it. Should check them honestly before you even start it but thats up to you. I garrentee th hey are out of spec. Just gotta take up gas tank and few other things. Was pretty easy. Dont for get to take off both caps on left side of motor case to line up your (T line) on fly wheel. Get ya some feeler gauges and put intake 0.03mm & exhaust 0.04mm. I put mine both 0.04, but. Both on my brother's and I, 2019's apollo db 36 deluxe's, the valve's on both bikes were tighted down dramaticly, basicly max. Had no play what so ever. Theres videos on youtube that show you how to do a valve adjustment.. feeler gauges are cheap. Order one on ebay or amazon. I just put new tires on mine. Dunlop sportmax q3 plus's. Also made my rims tubeless. Very plush riding. Good bikes bro. We got them when they were slightly cheaper at $1,648.00and got one for $1,628.00. I noticed price went up. But are still worth it. U need to get a shock cover from Aliexpress.com. get Aliexpress app, if possible. They also got good amount of parts for these bikes. Also on ebay get ya self a pair of Pro taper CR high's handlebars. They cost $62.95. Get a rid of them heavy ass bars. We have also put a double exhaust and single ed exhaust on ours. Powercore 2 and 3 exhaust's. Using different pz30 carburetor.. bump your idle up if having hard time staying started. Heres link to a video of bikes. This was before I put the new tires & polisport SM line from th fender on mine, the black one.

Old 02-15-2020, 07:45 AM   #4

I would love to just keep this one as furniture! Lol and @allinone yeah I know man! I've been watching your videos a lot by the way, they are great. This is my 3rd Chinese bike. I always dump shipping oil, upgrade carb and adjust valves. The valves spot looks way different on the Apollo than on my Bashan 250 though:/ I'll figure it out though...no vids on YouTube about apollo valve check. Can't be much different than the other Chinese bikes. I'm waiting for your next video! I got many of my mods from toy and what you said to get. My YouTube is BuffaloChinaRider I'll be uploading first Apollo video out of many today.

Old 02-15-2020, 08:05 PM   #5

how did you get it in the house? I realy want to know would love to do the same when mine arives!

Old 02-15-2020, 08:42 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloChinaRider View Post
Hey everyone its finally here! took a few hours today and built it up, locktite a lot of things and its pretty much done, im just waiting to get all my mods in the mail and my MCO. I wont be riding for another few months because its freezing and icy here in NY. Cant wait to finalize things and get on the road in a few months. Until then ill be tinkering with it and adding mods as the weeks and months go by. Here are just a few pics...if anyone has any questions, tips or comments, let me know! im super excited for this riding season as always.
....and my man parts would be hanging from the rear view mirror in the wife's car

Old 02-15-2020, 11:57 PM   #7

Hehe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooDog View Post
....and my man parts would be hanging from the rear view mirror in the wife's car
She was not too happy....but she didn't know until later...when it was in the basement and the whole area where I built it was clean as a whistle hahaha only thing is how the heck am I getting it out of the basement when its riding season. I'll cross that bridge when we get there

Old 02-16-2020, 12:00 AM   #8

Also the engine on my Apollo is different than the engine on my Bashan:/ I went to check valves today..and its a much harder area to get to. I 100% have to take the gas tank off and unbolt more stuff than when I did the valves on my Bashan. Also the crank case is different, the top hole where you look for top dead center is on the side of the crank case near the big bolt that you turn to get too dead center. Looks like learning some stuff all over again. ALSO the whole entire carb is tamper proof, they even grounded off the bolt heads so that you can't unbolt the carb at all. Ive never seen this before on a china bike..

Last edited by BuffaloChinaRider; 02-16-2020 at 12:11 AM. Reason: Mistakes

Old 02-16-2020, 02:37 AM   #9

Those screws are easy to get out of the carb. I took a pair of ( I call ) needle nose vise-grips and removed them. You can get a side bite and just wind them out. Also there is one on the top that holds the throttle cable and slide assembly. It is very small and hard to see.

Old 02-16-2020, 03:49 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Its_not_a_honda View Post
Those screws are easy to get out of the carb. I took a pair of ( I call ) needle nose vise-grips and removed them. You can get a side bite and just wind them out. Also there is one on the top that holds the throttle cable and slide assembly. It is very small and hard to see.
Thanks so much! I have the needle nose right here with me and I already loosened the nuts on the sides. My next question is when I go to put the carb back on, do i just go out and get fresh nuts/bolts because I obviously cant use the other ones I took out.

Old 02-16-2020, 03:51 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored stiff View Post
how did you get it in the house? I realy want to know would love to do the same when mine arives!
I actually had help and I lift it right through the front door. My girl was NOT home for hours so I built the majority of it in a few hours and did the hard task of putting it in the basement so I could finish up doing things in the coming weeks/months. Im not gonna lie it was a slight pain in the butt to roll into the basement. Let me know when you get your bike! im excited for you.

Old 02-16-2020, 06:39 AM   #12

thanks ,good luck .

Last edited by bored stiff; 02-16-2020 at 02:45 PM.