Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2019, 01:08 PM   #1

Fork Oil Quantity - Brozz

Jeff at Peace Sports posted some technical info on the Brozz a while back. It states that the forks have 320ml of fork oil. I drained both of mine and got about 230 each. I searched the forum and found another Brozz owner got about 225-230 as well. I need to fill them back up but don't want to overfill. Anyone got any experience with the Brozz USD forks? Also, when refilling the forks, do I pour the oil into the inner pipe or along the outside? Or does it even matter? I have never taken apart a fork before.

P.S. I let them drain overnight hanging from a bar. I pumped them a few times as well. There is nothing left inside that I can tell.

Old 11-23-2019, 02:35 PM   #2

Is the cartridge also drained (not fully sure if it has one)? I would think also that it's possible that the numbers got mixed. If it hung out over night, then I would just add the new oil and go. Usually, manufacturers, knowing that not all of the oil will get drained out, specify an oil height, with more oil (which isn't compressible) meaning less air (which is), which can stiffen the forks up a bit, although if you add too much, it'll blow out the fork seals. I'd just add 230 mL, check the height, and then play around with the height if you want it to be stiffer.

Old 11-25-2019, 04:13 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armycopter View Post
Jeff at Peace Sports posted some technical info on the Brozz a while back. It states that the forks have 320ml of fork oil. I drained both of mine and got about 230 each. I searched the forum and found another Brozz owner got about 225-230 as well. I need to fill them back up but don't want to overfill. Anyone got any experience with the Brozz USD forks? Also, when refilling the forks, do I pour the oil into the inner pipe or along the outside? Or does it even matter? I have never taken apart a fork before.

P.S. I let them drain overnight hanging from a bar. I pumped them a few times as well. There is nothing left inside that I can tell.
This was my first time working with USD forks so I'm not an expert by any means. When I drained mine I only got out 230ml per leg also, so this is how I let mine drain overnight and I got another 80ml of oil out per leg for a total of 310ml per leg. I just poured the oil in around the top of the fork the way it sits in the bike, pulled the tube up and tightened the big nut/cap.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fork oil change.jpg (92.0 KB, 438 views)
2022 Venom Ghost chopper 250
1997 Honda GL1500 Goldwing
1978 Kawasaki KL250
https://youtube.com/@herbiesgarage681

Old 11-26-2019, 07:24 PM   #4

Thanks! Well, after letting them drain for three days, I ended up with about 310 ML. I did spill a little so I am guessing I got it it all. Just need to fill them back up and put them back on the bike.

Old 12-01-2019, 03:16 PM   #5

I took my USD forks fully apart and the drain time was only about a New York minute. The stock fluid was pretty much crystal clear and a good quality. I’m about 99% sure that Bashan used the same Dot 3 fluid in the forks that they used in the brakes. Switching to the ATM fluid didn’t improve Suspension performance any but at least I know for certain there’s good lubrications in there.
Bashan Storm: Ebay steel exhaust wrapped, folding shift lever, seat mod, vm26 carb, air pod, dual led scrambler headlamps, windshield mod, led brake/tail light, secondary led brake light (swingarm), Ebay 295mm rear shock, back up CDI (racing unknown), oil cooler, digital gauge cluster,

Old 12-01-2019, 04:50 PM   #6

Mine was dark brown. Filled it with crystal clear fork oil though and now its all set.