Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Other Brands
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-2019, 01:56 PM   #1

2017 crf250l

http://www.hondaprokevin.com/2017-ho...bike-crf-250-l this link tells you more then most about this bike from hear can add real world things,
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190816_174341.jpg (101.5 KB, 384 views)

Old 08-20-2019, 02:16 PM   #2

The exhaust on there is for the rally sent to me by accident ,now I could make it work ,couse I actually got refunded an was able to keep it , I found an exhaust that has a removeable baffle that is real close to stock sound ,though fmf sells one ,I still break even with free exhaust via ebay an pocket like $75.00, delkevik sells a nice one for less .so far I have ejk not installed yet the muffler gives better throttle response ,Acerbid hand guards not installed yet Acerbid skid plate not installed yet puppy grips are a must ,an spitfire makes a desent wind shield not yet installed .an the 13t sprocket on the way will do next.

most guys from other forums will say they don't know wich stage 1 upgrade is best ,some will say the ejk alone works best,others will say the 13t sprocket.so it will vary .I saved so much on the bike over retail ,I am doing all stage one upgrades ,then the bigger snorkel can be made from a bigger hole for the replacement from a hardware store .2017 on up don't need drilling of holes in the air box.just the bigger snorkel,for now the 13 tooth an the ejk comes next,then our season will be close to over ,will save some for next season,there fun bikes an seem to be very reliable bikes that take a beating .mine will be 98% on road with stock tires ,no super motto hear

Last edited by Hawk 229cc; 08-21-2019 at 01:24 PM.

Old 08-20-2019, 08:48 PM   #3

Hawk 229cc,

Not trying to be mean at all. I am older and I just cannot follow your post. Commas instead of periods. Hardly any capitals. Maybe the younger guys can follow. I just get lost while reading it.

Old 08-20-2019, 11:20 PM   #4

"Not trying to be mean at all. I am older and I just cannot follow your post. Commas instead of periods. Hardly any capitals. Maybe the younger guys can follow. I just get lost while reading it. "

I am afraid that punctuation ended with the 20th Century. 100 word sentences have become normal on-line. I blame it on the keyboard layout on phones.

Old 08-21-2019, 12:55 PM   #5

its ok most of the good Information is in the link in the first post ,.,..,.ya punctuation was not my thing an write like a doctor,i have no problem reading it though.?????? mabey get some glasses sir ,your funny

It just says I am doing pretty much every upgrade in the stage one for my 2017 crf250l. then talks about how some an certain upgrades work for others will vary from the rider.have a question then ask,

Old 08-25-2019, 11:04 AM   #6

Thanks for the write up s!!! congrats!!!
A family that works together, plays together, shoots and trains together, and sleds together, stays together. Second amendment! SkiDoo sleds, NOW 2 TTR225, and a BMS250. A couple of quotes (we are not farmers) "I don't get off the farm much" "Am too old school" I call the china bikes "the china syndrome".

Old 08-25-2019, 01:17 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedooit View Post
Thanks for the write up s!!! congrats!!!
got to love anything with an engine for sure ,I will ride a lot of dirt roads an such we have them ,around where I live ,its hard unless your a track rider .the bad lands that were good trails ,they fall apart in the winter ,then know one fixs them ,so hear in NH we go about 40 miles north to some big nice trail systems that are taken care of ,an can only be used in winter for snow mobiles,they have to dry out in spring so it seasonal,we have rail beds down hear but there for snow mobiles only
.in summer for walking an horses an bikes

BMS makes a good one