Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-13-2019, 08:12 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by GronkFries View Post
My kit came in and the bag had a lot more brass in it, including the jet I needed. This is what I got. The last photo is all I will be using lol (I like having extra stuff, the spark plugs will be handy and if anyone needs something let me know.):
The kit and possible upgrade/extra jets suits all kniw PZ30 type carbs
Trick is to know what pilot jet is in your carb (bike make n models mostly unknown)

Old 06-14-2019, 08:34 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by NzBrakelathes View Post
The kit and possible upgrade/extra jets suits all kniw PZ30 type carbs
Trick is to know what pilot jet is in your carb (bike make n models mostly unknown)
Yes, I've been constantly reading everywhere "It's all the same" but clearly not. There are at least two generations/versions of the Sheng Wey PZ30, or possibly more than one manufacturer. Very confusing, but fun to sort out.

I think you're doing a great job with your kits and keeping the contents up to date. On my first purchase I was just one of the unlucky ones caught in the middle. A suggestion - maybe split the options if not too much trouble.

1. Just sell the "bag of brass" for $10-15 with only the jets and needle for all identified carbs. Yes, there are people out there that would painstakingly search for the one or two jets they need, but the smart ones will pay the few extra bucks to get the sure thing. But just the jets, nothing else.
2. Sprocket, spark plug, something else of use like a chain or something. I'm happy to have a spare sprocket and spark plugs.
3. The kit you sell now to actually do a rebuild.

My guess is you would sell more. I'm going to fully inspect my carb to see if there are additional casting numbers.

Old 06-14-2019, 02:16 PM   #33

Holy carburetors Batman!

My TBR7 is a month old and I have been running stock breaking her in.

The warm up is a joke even in the month of June, choke up for easy 5 mins with a hair of throttle and she just sputters.

I went for a cheapo Mikuni clone from "da Zon"

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I'm sure there are lots out there, this one suited my budget and I wanted to leave the stock as is for parts or to tinker another day...if I botched the stock and she was my only carb... I'm out.

That clone comes with a 100 Main, adjusted to 2nd rung from the bottom on the needle and I cant friggin believe it.. my TBR cold started without choke IMMEDIATELY. 2 turns out on the air\fuel mix was magic for me, took a littl tinkering with the idle adjustment, used a portable tach to get me to around 1650 and my new baby doll purs.

Cant believe how much the stocks sputter and now ..all gone.

Have NZs kit coming, so I can bump to a 105 for giggles since the carb swap took 20 mins and try the 17 tooth.

Damn hardest part is the 4 hands needed to hold the spring and pull throttle cable through slide to seat properly.

Enjoy

Old 06-14-2019, 02:35 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofqueenz View Post

The warm up is a joke even in the month of June, choke up for easy 5 mins with a hair of throttle and she just sputters.

I'm sure there are lots out there, this one suited my budget and I wanted to leave the stock as is for parts or to tinker another day...if I botched the stock and she was my only carb... I'm out.

That clone comes with a 100 Main, adjusted to 2nd rung from the bottom on the needle and I cant friggin believe it.. my TBR cold started without choke IMMEDIATELY. 2 turns out on the air\fuel mix was magic for me, took a littl tinkering with the idle adjustment, used a portable tach to get me to around 1650 and my new baby doll purs.

Have NZs kit coming, so I can bump to a 105 for giggles since the carb swap took 20 mins and try the 17 tooth.

Damn hardest part is the 4 hands needed to hold the spring and pull throttle cable through slide to seat properly.

Enjoy
Good deal. You will get the same results from the stock carb too just from installing the proper jets and adjusting the idle mixture.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 06-14-2019, 04:59 PM   #35

AGREED!

Wanted to have an extra carb on hand to start stock piling parts.

First bike for me... just got my M endorsement.

All noobie all around, but I'm pretty sexy with a wrench.

BEst

Old 06-14-2019, 08:36 PM   #36

Quote:

Enjoy
Compare equal sized (not numbered) jets between using mikuni to keihin
I really doubt if there is much if nearly any difference etc
My argument there is why not use the pumper carb and even tuning it without using the pump to set up the jets correctly etc
Both ways near enough same money but pumper offers a little more
Just my thoughts
If trying to tune with twin cable looks complex then ignore pump and use single stock cable so it’s just like a stock carb or Mikuni and once the jets are dialed in add the twin cable and dial in the pumper
Think some folk look at the cable and are put off but you can also start with just the stock cable n learn etc to tune pumper carb like the stock carb

Old 06-16-2019, 01:24 PM   #37

Lost my first bolt, finally popped my china wrenchin' cherry lol! Maybe I'll tighten the chain too...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20190615_121217528.jpg (84.8 KB, 415 views)

Old 06-16-2019, 08:08 PM   #38

Judging by the mud kickups on the frame and rim and tires... you earned the right to lose that bolt my brother.

Nice catch though... suppose your back brake was no bueno

Old 06-16-2019, 08:58 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by GronkFries View Post
Lost my first bolt, finally popped my china wrenchin' cherry lol! .
But..... Do you feel cheap and used Gronk?

" Time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted." - John Lennon

“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
― Thomas Jefferson

"If you don't know where you're going any road will take you there" ....George Harrison song

Old 06-16-2019, 09:40 PM   #40

Quote:
Judging by the mud kickups on the frame and rim and tires... you earned the right to lose that bolt my brother.

Nice catch though... suppose your back brake was no bueno
Actually it just felt soft, when I pressed down on the pedal there was still some action, hope I didn't bend the plunger. When I saw the bolt missing I thought "oh that's why"...

I'm sure there will be more stuff missing eventually!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpl096 View Post
But..... Do you feel cheap and used Gronk?
I'll have to admit I did feel a little robbed at first, never tightened that bolt and paid the price. Thought I checked them all too. But I'm over it!

Now that she goes like the wind from the carb mods I'm going for a weekend up north soon. A small bag of nuts, bolts and screws will definitely be coming with me.

Old 06-17-2019, 08:24 PM   #41

Don't want you to feel cheated!

" Time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted." - John Lennon

“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
― Thomas Jefferson

"If you don't know where you're going any road will take you there" ....George Harrison song

Old 06-18-2019, 10:19 AM   #42

Are the stock PZ's and Mikuni's similar? Of course. The biggest difference I've seen is the casting quality. The PZ I took off my Tao Tao Rhino was absolute garbage. Looked like it was cast by a 5 year old out of pot metal. The Mikuni machining and castings were superior.
The other big difference is back then, no jetting was available for the PZ, while tons of jetting was readily available for the Mikuni.

Have I tried the pumper carb? No. That said, I really can't see how a squirt can make a massive difference in what is a low performance, tiny displacement, low compression, push rod motor. Would it be fun to mess with? Of course. I'm as hooked on modding as the next guy. I've just had instant throttle response with a well-tuned Mikuni.

Just my .02.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 06-18-2019, 06:50 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulsstag View Post
thanks for the update on the carb and stock jetting, good to see nzbl includes an adjustable needle but surprised that you only got a single main jet? Does that pilot jet that comes with it actually fit the carb?
The set now has 3 versions of pilot jets and more optional sizes
4 main jets they all fit the keihin style

Check my listing carefully and I’m pretty sure you have the option for all pilot jet sizes found in Chinese based keihin style carns