Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-2019, 04:57 PM   #76

I had a small epiphany today. These things are never done until you have around 4k sunk into it. Even now, I thought I did all the mods needed to make it sturdy and fast. Then you realize no. Now you need a better wheel hub and bearings... swing arm is garbage. It is a rabbit hole of time and money. I think I am going to put it away or sell it and move on.

Old 06-07-2019, 04:58 PM   #77

FZ09, here I come.

Old 06-07-2019, 05:55 PM   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedCrowRides View Post
@SirMaxwell - We might have gone through this in / on a separate thread already, but I had a similar fuel starvation issue on my Vader, and it turns out that where the tank bolts to the frame on the seat end is where the fuel outlet is- the tank was tightened down to where the fuel line was damn near crimped in two, as in flat from being crushed against the air emissions evac can that is mounted there under the tank .

I unbolted the tank, and added a washer or two under to uncrimp the fuel line ,before i later removed all that emissions stuff which eliminated the problem by doing away entirely with the evap canister .

Might be worth a look see to see if that is what is causing your fuel delivery issue ,as it seems to be a quite common issue possibility they way the bikes are assembled and where stuff is located. There are some rubber washers there that "ought" to prevent this from happening but cheap chinese rubber coupled with apparent gross over tightening at the factory squashed them flatter than a pancake resulting in crimped fuel line. For that matter, you need to get rid of the stock black chirubber fuel line and repl it with a good silicone fuel line, the ethanol in our gas here makes the chinese fuel lines start to break down and flake off on the inside , and these flakes will clog your inline filter or worse carb jet inlets.
Hey I appreciate the reply and I have had a crimped line in the past but for the last week or 2 I've been riding with one fairing off. When I first took the fairing off the fuel line was crimped closed AND caught in the carb--pulling the choke up, so I fixed that and it's been fine ever since--Except when it's cold out. Now I suppose it could be partailly crimped or has a funky emissions valve acting not right in the cold or something and the cold is just happens to be the straw that breaks the camel's back...but it starts just fine usually when cold out, I turned up the idle and it does somewhat better when I let it warm up at least enough to idle without stalling out--idling around 1200-18000 depending on where I adjusted it to that day...but even when I let it warm up I get a mile or so up the road give or take half a mile--it starts barely getting gas and struggling to run even when I twist the throttle, with little blips of the revs jumping way up to catch up to my throttle position, then the revs fall again and it stalls. Wont start again right away unless I cycle some air thru the carb vent and then it will start right up and go another half mile to a mile. Stalled out on me I think 3 times on a 4 to 5 miles roundtrip in the low 50 degrees temp range this morn--then I let it warm up to the mid 70s and Boom 10 mile ride no issues. This was driving me a little crazy for awhile and like I said I was also having a definite fuel line crimping issue, but Im 99.99% sure that if the fuel line isnt kinked up and it stalls then its most likely the cold temps outside for whatever reason.

"Life's too short not to enjoy it-So's my China Bike!"-Me

Old 06-07-2019, 06:12 PM   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoot newb View Post
I had a small epiphany today. These things are never done until you have around 4k sunk into it. Even now, I thought I did all the mods needed to make it sturdy and fast. Then you realize no. Now you need a better wheel hub and bearings... swing arm is garbage. It is a rabbit hole of time and money. I think I am going to put it away or sell it and move on.
$4000? That is a bit much to spend, I suppose...Although, On the other hand your bike looks really awesome, especially knowing what it was and what it is now!!! And probably it is fast enough to at least ride around town and have some serious fun on it! if not also take it on some lower speed Hogways or short trips on 65MPH highways at least. Sure, It won't ever be a Ninja H2R or GSXR or Yamaha 450 or CBR1000 without replacing about every part that came with the bike. I WANT a faster Vader and that's why I keep talking smack about upgrading...and I have the cash saved where I COuld mod it however..but Im trying to hold off on doing too much because this was always supposed to be a cheap bike for me, but I will definitley go for the BBk or a 140,155,160 or 190cc IF I feel comfortable with the rest of my life to drop a quarter or half a month of my savings for $650 in parts. Well It can't hurt to stop spending on it and maybe put it on the market to see what you can get at least. I've always thought that since I'm not really wealthy that it would make sense for me to sell my Vader either the same year I got it this year or someday soonish--even if I do a sick ZS190cc swap. ...It's a choice everyone has to make if they feel the ROI is high enough for them personally with what you get as an end result for your money, plus you are getting to hopefully have some fun and some positive time spent modding your bike (unless you hate doing mods--in which case probably a clone isn't for you!)...I feel like if I spent $1200 delivered on my Vader, + $10 sprocket, + $35 carb/air filter/intake boot, +$10 jet kit, +$650 ZS190cc, + $150 ZS grade exhaust, plus $45 for cheao bars/crossbar/pad/bar end mirriors--then I would still have a pretty nice NEW bike for $2100 and would have had also some fun and a positive, learning experience doing the mods...For some people maybe getting a 10 year old Used and medium abused mid sized Ninja or whatever you can get that's pretty much ready to go without any "mods", just needs to be kept p on with with repairs is better for them. I dont think you should feel too bad on spending some money on this bike, as long as you arent neglecting the rest of your life and ending up on the streets cuz of the Hellcat and Hellcat mods--you could have easily spent the time and money on any one of many many way worse things.---They say you have an addiction or a problem (like with spending money on bikes or whatever it may be) when something you're doing is negatively affecting other areas of your life---like drinking and getting fired at a job you need or having a GF that isn't right for you and spending all your money on her when you needed that money to get by with any comfort or whatever--that's kind of how I would judge whether or not what i am doing is a problem to be stopped and also if I dont like or if I dont love what Im doing I would or should also move on, but hey that's just me

Old 06-07-2019, 06:20 PM   #80

4k is a real number. When you start in on the project you think loc-tight and a new carb is all you need. The further you go the more you realize it is never over until all parts are replaced. I get it though, you drop in a 17t and tune you're VM22 clone and it is done. But if you're looking for something reliable and rides well...

Old 06-07-2019, 06:32 PM   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChopperCharles View Post

The price on the G400C seems a grand too high to me. Especially considering the cheap gauges and weird, unfinished footpeg brackets.

Charles.
Agreed. and I wasnt saying I completely dislike or even ahve a lot of points I dislike on the G400C other than what you are actually getting for the price vs what you COULD get in some other bikes--especially since I havent seen it in person, nor have I ridden it of course! I think it's a cool style--I have always wanted a bike that looks kinda like this
I dont like it if the gauges are cheap that's definitley a big drawback and on my Vader the gauges are a big plus for the price of the Vader anyways since my gauges are color changing, with tachometer included and in a style I like alright, plus fuel gauge, digital speedo that I have tested as being accurate to less than 1MPH off at 40MPH vs radar&GPS&car speedo, trip computer and time--that's what I would call a decent gauge cluister and definitley so for a $1200 bike!
If the G400C were a $G cheaper (or $2G cheaper!) then it would instantly be way sexier! it's a $4.5G+ bike with $2.5G performance and overall everything

Old 06-07-2019, 06:43 PM   #82

Quote:
4k is a real number. When you start in on the project you think loc-tight and a new carb is all you need. The further you go the more you realize it is never over until all parts are replaced. I get it though, you drop in a 17t and tune you're VM22 clone and it is done. But if you're looking for something reliable and rides well...
I havent even bothered using the leftover Loc tite I have from my scooters--thought I was all good then noticed an absent exhaust mounting bolt from a tab just south of the cat--not sure if I ever remember seeing the bolt since I got this bike 2 months ago--but wither way its gooone!

Is $4G what you spent on purchase and build? (not including insurance or dmv fees such as title/reg plates)

I would have not too much of a REAL idea what it costs to keep these going long term.. Ive only had this 2 months/almost 600 miles now..I do have 2 friends with fairly high mileage stock based engines but I have nooo idea what they spent on theirs and I know they spend a good amount of time, more than me by a lot working and trying bolt on or home made mods and switching the mods back or to something new if they don't like the mod...I agree it is like a rabbit hole. I have only fell down the research part of the Vader rabbit hole other than purchasing the stock bike so far...and oh boy how far I have fallen!!! (not saying I even know very much, cuz I dont...BUT for the amount of months maybe 4-5 since I first learned vaders exist that I can remember---during that time I have spent a good amount of time reading about different stuff and a lot of time just mulling over what I might do or what I want to do or what will I do if i had an unlimited budget or what looks cool that I probably will never spend the cash on or what do I think are worth it mods and it goes on

Old 06-07-2019, 06:49 PM   #83

I also am at the point Im really ready for more power...the new 17t sprocket was the shit for the first day...my bike, to me, only rides well enough to do 4-5 mile laps around my neighborhood on 30MPH roads. on the 40mph roads even when im hitting cruising speeds in the high 40's I will have every car crawl right up in my up close & personal business...plus i choose to let any "real" bikers go past out of respect

Old 06-07-2019, 08:29 PM   #84

I've also always been saying I don't think I would want to go much above 60moh on a clone--and even then I meant that high of a speed for short amounts of time and basically want extra power to maybe cruise at 50 to 55 MPH if it feels safe and also to accelerate a bit faster and vastly improve the hill climb. It would be quite a task to make these clones both ride pretty well and be reliable over 10 or 10s of thousands of miles while handling all or most of the power even an untuned basic ZS190 has to offer--another reason I havent pulled the trigger buying the 190 even though it undoubtedly has the greatest return of power for money spent on anything that I know of that easily goes into these clones and looks like it could be reliable. I feel like a tricked out 140s 141cc I think it woeks out to if you go by how the Chinese measure BBK MIGHT offer most of the power I ever need for getting around small towns and travelling a couple towns over and back on backroads occasionally for the most part is all I ever planned on doing with the Vader...but that gets really expensive for a really PROPER BBK more than just the basic cylinder/piston $150 combo--once you add the race head and cam to the point it's just about silly at $600 or even a couple hundred more than that

Old 06-08-2019, 04:33 PM   #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaxwell View Post
I've also always been saying I don't think I would want to go much above 60moh...
Neither do I. At least not without the tires balanced. The thing is even if the 190 can go faster, you could change sprockets to lower the top speed and the cool part is; You could really 'cruise' at 45 - 50 comfortably at lower RPMS.

I was almost ready to throw in the towel yesterday but found I just needed to make small adjustments I overlooked after the swap.

Old 06-08-2019, 11:11 PM   #86

Quote:
Neither do I. At least not without the tires balanced. The thing is even if the 190 can go faster, you could change sprockets to lower the top speed and the cool part is; You could really 'cruise' at 45 - 50 comfortably at lower RPMS.

I was almost ready to throw in the towel yesterday but found I just needed to make small adjustments I overlooked after the swap.

Well I hope you have some fun with the new engine on the bike. I feel like you could get some good use out of a Hellcat or vader with a 190cc, at least rolling around the county you live in staying in town or travelling a couple towns over and back or so, and maybe do a lil stunting-- you know do whatever you want to on most roads off the highway without doing more serious mods now that your bike is a 190--plus i think your bike looks cool with the mods---shoot I wish I had a 190cc on mine and the mods you have for sure!... I would even be happy for awhile with a 160cc like the 160 YX (in the pic) and maybe I would spring for the 160 if it was half the price it is--but its only a $20 short of what the whole 190cc KIT costs with the coupon!!
but even with decent savings being a class A Number One cheapskate without a great income and being pretty lazy isnt helping me accomplish that goal! hah Maybe I should just say eff it YOLO and buy the 190 or sell the Vader get a Retro and do the 190 or get a GSXR or an R6 and kill myself in a high speed crash like the one in the attached video link----https://youtu.be/zIDvQyECT6U Cuz YOLO, it's like the modern slang for Banzai!
Plus i currently have more pressing concerns including finding a new place to live probably have to move within 3 months or less from now which isnt easy after living where I live for the last 30 years. Im not exactly used to or skilled at house/apartment hunting plus I got a ton of personal stuff and am almost undoubtedly moving somewhere with loads less living and storage space. I'm even considering selling my bike so I wont have to move it or worry about where am I going to park it at an apartment or is it going to get jacked there even though I doubt I will ever live in a very high crime area, but a bike, especially a small light bike without a security system is an easy target, maybe poor people would jump on it as an easy way to make a month's rent selling it on Craigslist or some young hopper would want to go for a joyride and I also seriously doubt this move will land me in anything close to luxury apartments
It's got to be pretty darn easy to hotwire one of these--I'm guessing you just jump a wire in the ignition circuit which I have seen people just take off the headlight or front fairing on a scooter and borrow a small couple inches of wire that's elsewhere on the bike and plug one end of the wire to one part of I think the ignition plug to another part and then hit the electric start with no key an BOOm the thing would start. I know I have seen a video online too on how to hotwire a scooter that outlined exactly how to hotwire the Chinese scoots. Not saying I would likely get jacked, just that it is easy if anyone wanted to either by hotwire or removing the bike without starting it
Name:  YX160ccpitbikeengine.jpg
Views: 520
Size:  95.3 KB

Old 06-09-2019, 01:56 AM   #87

I keep seeing people, mostly people wanting to do the 190 swap, getting the "better" swingarms. I have no idea if that is neccesary or what the replacement swingarm is supposed to do so much better that it's worth replacing. Could be worth it I have no idea

Old 06-09-2019, 01:31 PM   #88

I think it's cause the clone swing arms do not accept decent chain tensioners and just use rubber bushings instead of bearings. The rear wheel hub and bearings on the clones should be replaced cause they can get tore up from the extra power

Old 06-09-2019, 10:05 PM   #89

I thought I already posted this. Anyway, this is the Lifan clone. It is a 150 with a 5 speed gear box. The motor doesn't have enough in to rev out the gearing in this video. But he does other top speed runs with different gearing. In the first vid, he made it to 64 GPS, in the comment section he said it hit 68 another time.

EDIT: LOL I just realized this is an upright motor. SMH

Old 06-10-2019, 06:05 AM   #90

Quote:
In the first vid, he made it to 64 GPS, in the comment section he said it hit 68 another time.

Dang. Yeah he broke 60MPH hitting 61 in 4th gear on the part of the video I watched then he shifts to 5th gets uo to 64, sees a cop and doesnt want any part of that cop and slows down. Im guessing he's sort of hitting a wall with the gearing/power/wind resistance going 68MPH, cuz I bet it could go a little faster even if it takes getting the rpms wrapped out if he had power or aerodynamics to push the gearing to redline. I still havent completely wrapped out the RPMS in my Vader in 4th gear--only hit maybe 7500ish tops at 53MPH which is about as high as I like to go with my current setup--half expect the bike to cluck up if I keep pushing it much faster than that, especially since it has been at least a little windy or a lotta windy just about everytime I go out riding and I weigh 205lbs and havent tried much of a Moto GP tuck impression...Yet.... I wish I could just get the 190 engine without paying. going to decide this week whether or not to buy it at this approximate junction in time