Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-27-2019, 12:13 AM   #1

125cc ATV Engine Auto to Semi Auto Stator/CDI

I am looking into swapping the engine on my 2018 Apollo Commander from a full auto to a Semi Auto 3 speed w/reverse. This engine will not be a direct plug and play like my Coolster ATV was. I have a few questions regarding the CDI and the Stator.

1. When swapping the engine will it make any difference which CDI type I have? I'm 98% sure I have an AC style in the Commander.

2. Does any one have a link or know where I can buy commonly used wire connectors for the stator? The engine I am looking at uses a male/female style plug for each individulal wire. What I would like to do, is buy the connector type that the commander currently uses, and install it to the new engine's stator wire harness to make it a plug and play.

3. I noticed on the current engine installed, and the new engine I am considering buying that both have two yellow wires in the stator wire harness. Will it matter which way the yellow wires get wired?

here's the engine I am looking at

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Engine-125c...t/273495359378

Old 05-27-2019, 08:01 AM   #2

Does the engine you have now have the same starter-on-top configuration as the one you intend to buy? If so, you might be able to just pull the ignition covers on both engines and if the stators are identical dimensions, swap the stators.

I might be wrong, but I believe that 99.99% of these horizontal engines are AC output.