Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-06-2019, 09:37 PM   #1

Hawk Vermont Registration

Familiar with the Vermont route, but need some advice on the reg application.

Would like to be clear on what is the actual MAKE and Model (RPS, haosen?)

NADA Value? I know some of you have simply shown invoice and tax was derived from that, but what about a private sale? In the past I have been charged tax on book value for other bikes, but there is not one for this bike.

Furthermore, is the VIN even a real number? Nothing comes up on a CycleVin type website, and my insurance company is blanking as well.

Old 05-07-2019, 03:05 AM   #2

I am using those guys at dirtlegal.com and it looked like they filled out the Vermont info as an RPS. they are pretty cool and may just tell you through email how to fill it out. Geico insured the Hawk without a problem.

Old 05-07-2019, 03:34 AM   #3

I wont be much help with the VT registration side of things, but for my Nebraska registration they used what the MCO stated for the make, which was RPS.

I can second that Geico is no issue with insurance. Progressive either, which is who I currently have. They just took the vin and insured it under "other" for make and model, then list the stated make and model as RPS Hawk 250 on my insurance card.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 05-26-2019, 03:07 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikeman View Post
Familiar with the Vermont route, but need some advice on the reg application.

Would like to be clear on what is the actual MAKE and Model (RPS, haosen?)

NADA Value? I know some of you have simply shown invoice and tax was derived from that, but what about a private sale? In the past I have been charged tax on book value for other bikes, but there is not one for this bike.

Furthermore, is the VIN even a real number? Nothing comes up on a CycleVin type website, and my insurance company is blanking as well.
I am in Vermont, you will need just your MCO and a bill of sale, commercial invoice. I had to register mine as a RPS Hawk, ideally it is pretty easy to register if you show up in person. Not knowing where you are that might be impossible.

If I can help let me know,

Chris

Old 05-28-2019, 09:29 PM   #5

Well, I didn't want to pay sales tax on the full purchase price, so I made up my own! I said that I purchased the bike used on the registration form for $300. Included a phony bill of sale. No MCO or Invoice. There is not a NADA value for the bike so I left that blank. Make is Haosen, model is Hawk 250. $48 reg fee + 6% tax on $300 was a check for $66 total. Vermont returned the registration to me for insufficient payment. They instructed me to pay tax on $500 instead. Not sure what ass they pulled that number out of, but Ok, no problem. A $78 check this time and it's registered.

Just so you guys know, you don't need to pay more.

Old 05-28-2019, 10:53 PM   #6

can you legally register a home built bike?
A guy in California did that n I posted some info

http://chinariders.net/showthread.ph...445#post310445