Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pit/Pocket Bikes & Scooters
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-20-2018, 06:04 PM   #16

Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
That's a decent price for a new 125; are you saying it is not fully manual?
Here's the answer to your chain question: https://allmoto.ie/site/motorcycle-chain/
Cool, thank you! No I just meant the clutch lever setup would come with the used bike, and I would have to purchase aftermarket separately if I went new.

Tried to find a gearbox to change out the fluid, complete fail. Is there a chance the engine oil does it all in this setup? All the videos I see on the 139QMB have belt driven gearboxes in the rear, not chain drive, so I am a bit lost. I had to buy the one with a nonexistent owners manual.

Old 12-21-2018, 11:55 AM   #17

It is a wet clutch uses same oil as engine, I gotta go to Walmart and get some rotella with the JASO MA certification according to ryan_ott and 90GTVert over on 49ccscoot forum. The Pennzoil I put in it is no good. I'm going to take her around the block a few times anyhow, she had some boogers come out when I drained the shipping oil and the Pennzoil is supposedly good at cleaning.

Old 12-21-2018, 12:48 PM   #18

I think the 139QMB is a GY6 engine, which is what you'll find in scooters. Yours is more like a CT70, where (as you say) the engine oil and transmission oil are one. You won't need a manual; there's a ton of info on that style of motor.
I recommend Rotella 15W40. If that Pennzoil is not wet clutch rated, I wouldn't run it at all. You don't want to contaminate the clutch.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 02-02-2019, 07:05 PM   #19

Got her up to 50 downhill after putting a 17t on the front. Had a broken carbbgasket and a blown out o ring caused erratic idle and misfires possibly lean condition epoxied it up for now. She's legal and on the road after waiting forever for the paperwork got insurance 70 bucks @ progressive.

Old 04-11-2019, 06:33 PM   #20

Gearing compatible?

So the head gasket blew out and I lost compression completely at 825 miles, pulled the top end found out it is a 110cc they sold me as a 50.
It is stamped 139QMB but the bore is 52 and the stroke is that or better making it 110cc or more. The night it failed I assumed the worst and bought a new 50cc 4up 139FMA motor from monster scooter parts. What are the chances I can swap the gears between the two cases? Would much rather a 4 up 110 and an auto 50 going forward.