Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-08-2019, 09:51 PM   #1

bms cpr250 vs tt250

bms cpr 250 vs tt250 whats are some major differences between these bikes from what a few web sites say its got the cg250 engine doesnt the tt250 have the same plus counter balanced?
18 csc tt250 / foam filter mod, amazon exhaust, mikunki carb, 47tooth sprocket, o ring chain, stereo system, amsoil oil, honda 10w fork oil, tusk bars and brush guards.... more to come

Old 01-09-2019, 01:07 AM   #2

It is really too early to tell most major differences simply because the BMS is so new, and the only active people reporting on them live in Minn. and took them on a trailer to Las Vegas for the Christmas holiday and got to ride them a hundred or so miles. There are no substantial videos on youtube, either.

Two differences that are known include gearing and state legality. The TT250 is 50 state legal including California. The BMS is EPA/DOT certified for 49 state legality (although some states are claiming that they are 'borrowing' from California and will not street register bikes that are not California CARB certified). Californians need not apply (yet) to register the BMS. That is supposed to change in the next 3 months where BMS is CARB certifying the CRP and it will be a truly 50 state legal bike.

Stock gearing on the TT250 is 17/50 (some consider it a little too steep for street riding). This is EASILY fixable with a multitude of aftermarket sprockets available (if memory serves me, you order the same sprocket as a 1979 XL185 or similar bike that uses the same hub), and CSC offers a 49 tooth rear (I wonder if you can convince them to throw one on for you at order time included in the cost--time to make a deal!!??) which is about the minimum (numerically highest) I would want. The BMS comes stock with 17/46 if I recall being mentioned (this is ideal for me, personally).

As far as engines go, both (apparently) use Zongshen engines (duh! for the TT250 ). According to the EPA/DOT certification excel sheet, Bashan's bikes use Bashan engines. However, I am guessing rather than a lie (aren't lies what we accuse Chinese companies of doing all day long) I think there is more to it than trying to mask Zongshen as the OEM of the engines. Bashan never mentions using Zongshen engines, whereas BMS proudly proclaims it on their own site. Is it the same exact engine? No; I am sure there are differences somewhere or another that the engines used in the Bashan bikes are proprietary to Bashan, but either way, for the most part the engines are the same. For comparison, while I am not sure who, if anyone, is the OEM for RPS's Hawk and Magician engines, but I recall one (I am sure more) members who ordered the head assembly from CSC and successfully mated it to their Hawk.

At any rate, if you like the BMS, and if others can give more detail, and you decide to order one, do it sooner than later because my guess is when they get CARB certification, the retail price will rise to cover the cost, even if you don't live in California. The TT250 is already more costly probably for CSC to recoup its investment to get their bikes 50 state legal.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 01-09-2019, 03:29 AM   #3

Side by side comparison.

The TT250 has larger tires front and rear: 3.0x21 front 4.6x18 rear vs the BMS's 2.75x21 and 100/90-18 rear (close to a 4.10 x 18) Yes you can always put on larger tires, but as they come shipped this is the reality.

The TT250 has the counter balanced engine, the BMS does not as far as I can see.

The TT250 has adjustable preload and rebound damping front and rear, the BMS does not.

The TT250 has a 300 watt output stator, waterproof connections on the harness, accessory connectors and switches already installed, LED turn signals, a digital dash with tach like the ones us Hawk owners upgrade to (at least the new ones do).

The TT250 comes backed with a good warranty by a company that actually honors their warranties and actually takes care of their customers.

I have nothing against the BMS, but the TT250 comes with a lot more as standard. The CRP 250 is a great alternative to a Hawk though.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 01-09-2019, 07:38 AM   #4

Bashan is an unknown brand built from cheap bits n bobs like others

Zongshen is a known brand and respected in China for decent quality and the best engines

Bashan can use the same engine parts but from what supplier? Being cheaper has to come from lesser cost parts etc

You know the difference in price from a Zongshen engine to something cheaper is very small when relating to USD - $30-$45 at the very very most in the common market

I once priced the Zongshen CG250 balanced and CB250 balanced with 6speed and $8.50 was the difference
I’d rather have the OHC CB motor to be fair
Engine cc specs to price isn’t soooo big again a 125 compared to the same version 250 wouldn’t exceed $45
if that much

Pretty sure Bashan is counter balanced tho
Saw an orphan here that was and just 150cc no doubt meant for South America and regulations more then production costs imo

Old 01-09-2019, 08:02 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by NzBrakelathes View Post

Pretty sure Bashan is counter balanced tho
Most Bashan bikes are, except for the Enforcer.

The BMS CRP250 is not from what I can tell. There is a distinct lack of protrusion from the front case on this bikes engine. Plus, nowhere in any material for it states it is counter balanced.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 01-11-2019, 09:10 PM   #6

I just built one, not balance, no gas gauge, standard hawk cluster in kph. I needed to upgrade the pz30 to a mikuni just like the hawk. Also adjusted the valves, changed out the brake fluid, yet to do the forks but too cold here. I do like the front forks and dual discs.
Other than that, I think it’s the same as an Enforcer without the gas gauge but with the inverted forks. Last time I checked Don’s got the Enforcer listed for $1170 plus shipping which was $150 to Chicago. BMS CRP is $1399 plus shipping.