Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2018, 07:13 PM   #1

MVA registration for Bashan Storm 250

Tried getting my Storm titled and registered at the MVA (Maryland Motorvehicle Administration - stupid name I know). They said I needed the MCO filled out correctly and that it was a dirt bike so even if it was I couldn’t register it. The only insurance company I’ve found that will cover it is Allstate. I went back and forth with Libert Mutual but they ended up saying no. Allstate has the bike on their website which makes me a little happier/optimistic. I am going to try and call Allstate in the AM and then head back to the MVA with my corrected documents. I should have more tomorrow on how it went.

Old 09-10-2018, 10:26 PM   #2

My insurance is Progressive and runs about $6 per month. I bought my Storm in late spring.. still waiting on the state to process everything. I got my MCO mailed after calling from the seller, 3 actually so far they have mailed me over the summer as about every 40 days I get a letter from the state saying they need a correct MCO.

Idiocracy comes to mind.

I have heard a rumor the police can do some type of inspection and you can get titled through that process $$. Also the DMV can just have you fill out a form declaring the bike is street legal and why.. according to rumor.

Whichever way just call your seller about getting the MCO.

Old 09-11-2018, 10:16 AM   #3

No issues with the MCO. Issues with the Bill of Sale. They want it to be on company letterhead and faxed into the Fredrick location. I am waiting for them to open and seeing if they can do it. Maryland wanting to make sure they get all the money they can. What a $h1thol3 state I live in.

Old 09-11-2018, 02:09 PM   #4

The company I bought it from "Smart Deals Now" in TX, goes by about 30 names it seems, was able to fax a "new" Bill of Sale to the MVA. My guess is that they wanted to see if it was a real company and not just some person selling them.

Long and short 304 bucks later and three trips (one of them my fault) I was able to get it registered.

Maryland needs:
1. Good MCO/MSO. Ask your seller for a good MCO not the one that ships with it.
2. Bill of Sale on Company letterhead. Best to have them fax it to your MVA office.
3. Proof of Insurance.
4. Your Class M license.

Last edited by ktigerj; 09-11-2018 at 09:21 PM.

Old 09-11-2018, 06:02 PM   #5

Good to hear, I had no problem with my Storm in Texas and haven't heard of a Storm not getting registered anywhere excluding Cali.

2017 Bashan Storm
Keihen PZ30 Pumper Carb,115 main jet,35 pilot jet, gutted factory exhaust, Sambo Digital Speedometer,LED blinkers, H4 headlight,D.I.D X-ring chain 428,17/42 sprockets,UNI cone filter.

Old 09-15-2018, 03:48 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cravin01 View Post
Good to hear, I had no problem with my Storm in Texas and haven't heard of a Storm not getting registered anywhere excluding Cali.
Been trying to get my Storm legal in Arkansas for months now..

Last edited by ChipToothy; 09-15-2018 at 03:48 PM. Reason: ....

Old 09-15-2018, 04:08 PM   #7

I went to my rmv with all paperwork and proof of insurance. I live in Springfield, Ma. They gave me a hard time even though I had a previous title from New Hampshire, where the bike was previously registered. They gave me a form and said I need to have a police officer or a state trooper verify the VIN. Pulled out my pen and filled out the form. Then showed the lady my badge and said I am a Police Officer and I verified the vin and had our records department verify that it wasn't stolen when I purchased it. It was as easy as that. A form an officer fills out. All the form states is that they looked at the vin and it reads XXXXXXXXX. Not sure if its the same form but thats what I needed over here.

I went into the RMV with previous signed title, bill of sale, insurance cards, rmv-1 form from insurance, and it still wasn't enough. Still needed that extra form. My registration fees were right about $100 and I walked out with brand new plates and was able to drive my qlink on the road the day after I purchased it

Old 09-15-2018, 10:57 PM   #8

I got my inspection first as required and the guy asked if the headlight worked which I turned on right away, he said it needed to be on at all times.

At the tag agency I could tell they couldn't really see anything that identified it in her list or system by her reaction and questions about the bike but put it through without any hesitation.

The bike comes with EPA certified equipment but I think it's not really recognized to all the states in there system .

2017 Bashan Storm
Keihen PZ30 Pumper Carb,115 main jet,35 pilot jet, gutted factory exhaust, Sambo Digital Speedometer,LED blinkers, H4 headlight,D.I.D X-ring chain 428,17/42 sprockets,UNI cone filter.