Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2018, 10:14 PM   #61

I don't do drawings for liability reasons. Example: I designed and built a high performance boat, 140mph tunnel hull. Two brothers broke in to my shop, stole a copy of the plans. They built 2 boats, but used polyester resin instead of epoxy. Their first run they started up Biscayne Bay, side by side, hit a wave, and both boats self destructed, killing both thieves. Their wives then sued me as the designer even though the builders failed to follow written instructions. I won the suits, but just hiring the lawyers to defend myself cost $12,000, and that was back in the 1970s. Lawyers make about 4 times as much today.

Old 08-07-2018, 12:17 AM   #62

Picked up filters at house yesterday. Everything there, everything in good shape, nice job packing to protect items.

Wish you had aftermarket horn switches. Installing louder horn set but must retain stock horn, too. First 2 sellers never shipped, 3rd seller sent wrong type, push on, push off, not momentary circuit like a horn button should be. No answers to messages or emails. 4th seller might be your brother--perfect part, as described, carefully packed, arrived from China 4 days after order was placed.

Anywho, 300 kit breaking in nicely. Almost 2000 miles on it and still gaining power ever day. EFI has adjusted nicely all by itself. Playing with the additional power uses more gas, goes faster. Higher peak torque and much wider power band.

Old 08-07-2018, 09:10 AM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by sqwert View Post
Picked up filters at house yesterday. Everything there, everything in good shape, nice job packing to protect items.

Wish you had aftermarket horn switches. Installing louder horn set but must retain stock horn, too. First 2 sellers never shipped, 3rd seller sent wrong type, push on, push off, not momentary circuit like a horn button should be. No answers to messages or emails. 4th seller might be your brother--perfect part, as described, carefully packed, arrived from China 4 days after order was placed.

Anywho, 300 kit breaking in nicely. Almost 2000 miles on it and still gaining power ever day. EFI has adjusted nicely all by itself. Playing with the additional power uses more gas, goes faster. Higher peak torque and much wider power band.

I fitted Air horns, the Relay is under the small black cover under the fron of tank area - I mounted the pump from the crash bar frame (see how that holds up) horns are behand the side covers of the tank.

Old 08-08-2018, 03:07 PM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by NzBrakelathes View Post
I fitted Air horns, the Relay is under the small black cover under the fron of tank area - I mounted the pump from the crash bar frame (see how that holds up) horns are behand the side covers of the tank.
Mine is a package deal, similar to a Bad Boy but a bit bigger and plenty louder. I'm also rigging a relay and flasher to flash headlights when the horn button is depressed. Loud horns save lives.

Old 08-08-2018, 09:13 PM   #65

Quote:
Mine is a package deal, similar to a Bad Boy but a bit bigger and plenty louder. I'm also rigging a relay and flasher to flash headlights when the horn button is depressed. Loud horns save lives.
That's very usefull and it does save lives.. I'll put that on my next project list.

Old 08-08-2018, 09:18 PM   #66

Looks like I will be in the USA Sept 29th till Oct 8th
Going from LAX to Salt Lake City then off to Yellowstone park.

Who needs what while I am in the hood? lol

Old 08-08-2018, 10:19 PM   #67

Quote:
Looks like I will be in the USA Sept 29th till Oct 8th
Going from LAX to Salt Lake City then off to Yellowstone park.

Who needs what while I am in the hood? lol
I need a winning lottery ticket and a good woman.

Anywho, tempted to request another week of vacation. 1525 miles home to park headquarters. Could do a BB1500.

Old 08-19-2018, 02:58 PM   #68

Quote:
The clutch is a normal stock replacement - Nothing upgraded sadly
But here is a better pic of the disc which can either run the stock caliper or a 4 pot caliper
Do you have a link for this? I might be interested in trying to mount this on a Bashan - Storm.

Thanks,
Warren

Moto Aventure ride 2020.

"If everyone is thinking the same thing, no one is thinking." Gen. Patton.

-2017 Suzuki SV650
-2015 BASHAN - STORM
Current mods: LED headlight & tail light, LED fog light, JT 428-130 chain, 47t rear sprocket, 4-fuse box, oil-cooler, CSC TT205 hand controls, 32" handlebars, aftermarket 295mm rear shock, digital speedo & tach, USB/12 volt accessory; painted flat-black.
-2005 Skyteam ST90 (sitting in pieces)
-2003 Buell Blast - SOLD

Old 08-20-2018, 01:51 AM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyteamst90 View Post
Do you have a link for this? I might be interested in trying to mount this on a Bashan - Storm.

Thanks,
Warren
I do not have "links" I sell directy accept paypal etc

No idea if that ike takes this disc

Old 08-24-2018, 08:37 PM   #70

%^&%^&&%^ dedicated client went to full production this week. No vacation until next spring. I was planning to ride the RX3 out to meet you at Yellowstone.

Old 09-03-2018, 08:24 AM   #71

Spoked wheel big brake

Well I am slowly getting more parts for the 320mm big brake upgrade - Disc i can only get custom center made in Malaysia
Aluminium Alloy center stainless outer ring BUT wait! the outer ring is removable and can be replaced on its own.
the rivets or floating buttons or what ever they are called can be taken apart and reassembled and I am told there are several high tech outer disc material available (think the stainless is enough tho)

next is triple check to my hub and i might do a 19 inch wheel option while I am about it etc, then stock caliper bracket as well as a bracket for the 4 piston caliper option.
Stay tuned
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Disc.jpg (105.1 KB, 332 views)

Old 09-14-2018, 10:19 AM   #72

RX3 19 inch front wheel upgrade
Aluminum alloy rim steel spokes and stock hub
What’s the original 18 inch weigh? I don’t own a wheel to check
This version is 3.7kg

Made it to test out the 320mm brakes for spoke wheel and can offer it as an upgrade too
Could bring a wheel or 3 to the USA seeing I’ll be there end this month
Attached Images
File Type: jpg E880CA17-F753-4DC3-88BD-33A3F7D8C708.jpg (13.6 KB, 209 views)
File Type: jpg C7C13FC3-3877-45D1-9ECF-BB4281AAD4B0.jpg (11.7 KB, 207 views)

Old 09-14-2018, 08:11 PM   #73

How much for a wheel with aluminum rim? How wide is the rim?

Old 09-14-2018, 09:40 PM   #74

Quote:
How much for a wheel with aluminum rim? How wide is the rim?
Hi mate
Rim is 19 inch by 2.15 inch which is the same width as stock.
Are you asking rim and spoke prices only? Please email me bud as I can work with you and send it while I am in the USA if needed

Old 09-15-2018, 08:26 PM   #75

What about parts for the Zongshen TT250? Supermoto wheels, better carb, performance intake, LED headlight?