Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2018, 02:36 PM   #31

shiny things

thank you guys an for me thats how the bike will look 2 years from now too with just a bit of off road driveing,you like me like shiny things,i had just put some wax on it too tomorrow going to do some back roads we got miles an miles of them hear that go 30 miles this way then 30 miles that way ,one more short ride then will take a 50 mile ride ,i think i may keep them short until i make sure the carb is not bogging out on the wrong hill climb at over 40,going to get that mikuni i see the real one for like 47.00 an that intake seems like junk going to mod that ,i did read that the crf 230 works from certain years ?? ,also some drill more holes besides the mod to the finns on the cover

Old 06-15-2018, 09:37 PM   #32

??

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac1029 View Post
I had all my aftermarket parts waiting when the bike arrived, so it was easy to go through and get all in order, Mikuni carb with jets, aftermarket exhaust , NGK iridium plug, fork oil 15W, Rotella 15w 40 from Wally world, and other odds and ends, i had it together and running in 6 hours.
AS for the DMV that was easy walked into Campton Town clerks office and walked out in 10 mins with my plates, i also got my OHRV decals cause they are required for offroad regardless if registered for street or not.Note i did tell them the bike code in Concord for easy look up which is HAOS
funny thing went to get the temp plate this week it was cycl for the temp plate ,will have to see when i get the plates around july 1st if the same works or not, i would imagine they both work though , the one other story about Nh was also cycl in box 7 ,or haos ,but will find out soon i am sure you know temp plates are got at the local DMV an the plates are had a town city Best pic yet wax on wax off ,yes wax under the fender keeps dirt from sticking

Last edited by Hawk 229cc; 06-15-2018 at 10:15 PM.

Old 06-15-2018, 09:57 PM   #33

Quote:
I did notice in your pictures that your fork tubes are still in the shipping position. They need to be slid up flush with the triple trees. Although i assume you know that......but just pointing out the obvious in the pictures. Bike looks great by the way!!!!!
I rode my bike like this for a while when I first got it. Then after studying many hawk pics realized it was not right and figured out how to lift it. Rps really should have a manual they include with the bike on how to assemble.

Old 06-15-2018, 10:21 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lit Hawk View Post
I rode my bike like this for a while when I first got it. Then after studying many hawk pics realized it was not right and figured out how to lift it. Rps really should have a manual they include with the bike on how to assemble.
Actually i did not not but looking at the picture thought somethings not right ,i know they dont have directions but lots of people helping does help ,so how does it work ? do i just pull them up i see how there not realy spaced i plan to do the fork oil soon though too,thankyou ,i notyed i do not get emails for Quotes,i guess i need to fix that at my acount

Old 06-15-2018, 10:33 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk 229cc View Post
Actually i did not not but looking at the picture thought somethings not right ,i know they dont have directions but lots of people helping does help ,so how does it work ? do i just pull them up i see how there not realy spaced i plan to do the fork oil soon though too,thankyou ,i notyed i do not get emails for Quotes,i guess i need to fix that at my acount
Get the front end up off the ground, i used a milk crate with 2x4s on it at first for assembly. Loosen the pinch bolts on the triple trees and slide the tubes down till they are flush with the top,and re torque them

Old 06-15-2018, 11:13 PM   #36

Quote:
Get the front end up off the ground, i used a milk crate with 2x4s on it at first for assembly. Loosen the pinch bolts on the triple trees and slide the tubes down till they are flush with the top,and re torque them
ok will do thats funny i did not notice ,but my first ride was short too.good old milk crates work for everything not sure how far it adds up to but do notice the seats on these are high even for a tall guy like me, that or my 51 year old leg dont like to get up as high as it used to an to think my foot used reach an 8 foot ceiling in my tao kwon do days, an now hits the seat when going over its, time to stretch thank you wow ya has to go way up got it just watched a video on it ,bring the front end up should bring the back down dat will make the pics look better an thats why i am a novice /dummy

Last edited by Hawk 229cc; 06-15-2018 at 11:59 PM.

Old 06-16-2018, 09:10 AM   #37

Quote:
ok will do thats funny i did not notice ,but my first ride was short too.good old milk crates work for everything not sure how far it adds up to but do notice the seats on these are high even for a tall guy like me, that or my 51 year old leg dont like to get up as high as it used to an to think my foot used reach an 8 foot ceiling in my tao kwon do days, an now hits the seat when going over its, time to stretch thank you wow ya has to go way up got it just watched a video on it ,bring the front end up should bring the back down dat will make the pics look better an thats why i am a novice /dummy
I can agree on the seat height, my 50 yo legs swinging over continue to hit that bump,
I ended up shaving the seat more to my liking getting rid of the bump and leveling out the foam more so i wasnt sliding forward and compressing the family jewls
Bought some good Faux Leather at Hobby Lobby in Tilton and recovered , what a difference, no more sliding.

Old 06-16-2018, 12:50 PM   #38

i guess the design is like my vstrom they want our legs to hug the tank .i wish it had a straight seat ,but i would imagine when raise the forks wich was like the first thing we should have done ,will try something ,i am going to use piece of 2x6 an my jack an carefully raise up the bike an get it done by myself , with the bike up against the garage door in gear with a tire block,yes dont like the hump in the seat could cut that off

Old 06-16-2018, 01:38 PM   #39

keeping them up the with of the rubber spacers had on there or should they fit flush,looks like 1/4th wow we are getting heat wave

Old 06-16-2018, 01:59 PM   #40

Quote:
keeping them up the with of the rubber spacers had on there or should they fit flush,looks like 1/4th wow we are getting heat wave
What part of NH you in? If your close i could offer a extra set of hands? I am in Central NH by Waterville Valley.

Old 06-16-2018, 02:51 PM   #41

Quote:
What part of NH you in? If your close i could offer a extra set of hands? I am in Central NH by Waterville Valley.
mac1029 i live in the most southern part of nh ,we could get togther an ride i think i am pretty far away though like 5 mile from the mass line not far from keene nh ,hear is a pic i left it the with of the rubber spacers,about 1/4th inch looks like thats good ,getting my leg over the seat much better ,i wonder is the certain torq spec ,i have heavy hands ,but my buddy he has been wrenching all his life ,an helped me gt the feel for oil bolt vs front wheel nut wich is like 18 foot pound vs 45tlbs ,i got them tight ,

that would be another nice thing to is to have torq specs with the bike too for important parts sent friend request to you , an thank you ,posting pic of it set up

Old 06-16-2018, 03:37 PM   #42

Quote:
mac1029 i live in the most southern part of nh ,we could get togther an ride i think i am pretty far away though like 5 mile from the mass line not far from keene nh ,hear is a pic i left it the with of the rubber spacers,about 1/4th inch looks like thats good ,getting my leg over the seat much better ,i wonder is the certain torq spec ,i have heavy hands ,but my buddy he has been wrenching all his life ,an helped me gt the feel for oil bolt vs front wheel nut wich is like 18 foot pound vs 45tlbs ,i got them tight ,

that would be another nice thing to is to have torq specs with the bike too for important parts sent friend request to you , an thank you ,posting pic of it set up
You can still bring those forks down a bit 3/4 inch? just where the bottom of caps are flush with the triple tree.
The fork boots you can decompress the pinch keepers and slide the top up to the bottom of triple tree.
Yup Keene is a ways away...but i may be up for a long ride out to do some wheeling once i get the hawk all set up to where i am comfortable to do some distance.

Old 06-16-2018, 04:46 PM   #43

ok flush sounds good thank you for the help on that ,looks like some are leaving them up a bit but more flush seems right,an it does bring the back down ,an yes like night an day ,i used my jack an few blocks under the kick stand keeps it stable ,just this heat today is muckky in southern NH ,its good people like you that make the world a better place ,thanks tomorrow i will get it all the way up ,then tuesday ,going to go through the whole bike again ,an bye then the heat wave is over ,actually my back is tweaked from ,pushing that crate home 1/4th miles on tuesday,why does it take 3 day to hit sometimes ,lots of year on construction did it

Old 06-16-2018, 04:50 PM   #44

Quote:
You can still bring those forks down a bit 3/4 inch? just where the bottom of caps are flush with the triple tree.
The fork boots you can decompress the pinch keepers and slide the top up to the bottom of triple tree.
Yup Keene is a ways away...but i may be up for a long ride out to do some wheeling once i get the hawk all set up to where i am comfortable to do some distance.
mac1029 ? you got a 2018 version mine say 2017 are they the same i know they are come out with efi version seems to be nice around 2500.00,mine has the little tool burito some other i guess did not again

Old 06-16-2018, 05:18 PM   #45

Quote:
mac1029 ? you got a 2018 version mine say 2017 are they the same i know they are come out with efi version seems to be nice around 2500.00,mine has the little tool burito some other i guess did not again
Nope mine is a 2017, i need to change my sig. Exact same as yours but all black.