Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-30-2018, 10:56 PM   #16

Mefairo - Glad it worked out. I live in the Arizona (United States) desert, and I can tell you that the engines in my motorcycle quickly get up to over 100*F without even running. Just the sun shining on them will quickly get them nearly as hot as if they were running. I'm going to be adding 1 or 2 thousandths to my valve settings at my next oil change. If you have the time and inclination, I would say use 0.005 as a starting point, and experiment with slightly larger gaps and see what you think. Ride the bike for a week to get a feel for it, then add 0.001 to the lash setting. Ride that for a week, so on and so forth. Eventually you'll find that sweet spot for your engine, riding style, and environment that makes everything seem to come together perfectly. Please continue to keep us posted!

I was struggling to get my wife's attention; I sat down on the couch and looked comfortable. That did the trick!

My wife says I only have two faults. I don't listen and something else...

If at first you don't succeed, try doing it the way I told you to...

The Stable:
2005 Yamaha V-Star 650 - SOLD
2015 Suzuki DR 650
2015 RPS Hawk 250 - SOLD
2016 Ural Gear Up

Old 06-01-2018, 06:45 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerikol View Post
Mefairo - Glad it worked out. I live in the Arizona (United States) desert, and I can tell you that the engines in my motorcycle quickly get up to over 100*F without even running. Just the sun shining on them will quickly get them nearly as hot as if they were running. I'm going to be adding 1 or 2 thousandths to my valve settings at my next oil change. If you have the time and inclination, I would say use 0.005 as a starting point, and experiment with slightly larger gaps and see what you think. Ride the bike for a week to get a feel for it, then add 0.001 to the lash setting. Ride that for a week, so on and so forth. Eventually you'll find that sweet spot for your engine, riding style, and environment that makes everything seem to come together perfectly. Please continue to keep us posted!
thank you Emerikol for support... You cant believe how many services and people gave me wrong informations about this that i cant figure it out, so they can earn some money, unbelievable how their ego work... also these videos made me get it wrong... one says 0.2 and the other 0.03/0.04

You are definitelly right, start point should be 0.05 and since 2 days test i can see huge difference between 0.03 and 0.05... engine feels more free and happy... but as you say, i feel that when i stop the engine, it stops as it is stuck so i can say that could be a bit more confortable and next week i will try 0.06 till it feels very happy about pressure

Thanks again, now with your help i understand the matter better and can work with it ,)

Tags
223cc, valve clearence