Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Media/Reviews/Classifieds/Sponsors > Video and Pics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-05-2018, 09:42 AM   #1

Magician Exhaust Wrap- Quick

So my last post for the morning before I have to go get work done. I did this last night and took about 30-45 min(that includes sipping my sweat tea every now and then). I had the materials on hand and did not remove the pipe only the shield that is attached with two screws. The Wrap I purchased at an auto parts store a few years back and use it in our Kart Racing for the same reason- to reduce heat on the driver and safety. The stainless wire can be purchased on line as well. The pliers can be purchased at the same place. Harbor Freight has the wire and pliers as well. I use a small pin as I wrap and need to free up a hand. Just to temporarily tether them together and keep it tight as I go. For this project I used 7 ft of material. Might be different for Hawk. My only advice is to overlap about 1/4 to 3/8" when wraping the pipe. When twisting the wire make sure you have about 4 twist. Cut and use the pliers to push it down flush with the pipe so it doesn't poke you later or snag on things. I used one tie at the motor flange, two in the middle, behind the shield that will go back on, and one at the opposite end where the muffler joins with a clamp. This was temporary for me since later I will remove the restriction in the exhaust pipe. But the wrap will be reused and just tie it again. I know they make zip ties for this application but this was on hand and proven method many many times in Karting. Put some pics below.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2058.jpg (83.8 KB, 100 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2059.jpg (96.8 KB, 98 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2060.jpg (91.9 KB, 100 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2061.jpg (89.0 KB, 98 views)