Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pit/Pocket Bikes & Scooters
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-07-2008, 10:19 AM   #1

Beast build , bad luck, on hold

Well, promised pics, but have to put that on hold. After installing the rims and brakes and getting it going I discovered the clutch will not adjust right ? I tried everything, the lever, the cable adjuster, inside the motor adjuster, and no luck. It just will not engage right. It just barely engaged enough for a ride . I noticed a crack in the case where the lever slides into the motor inside the case .
I am pulling the motor and sending it back for a replacement, so this build is WAY on hold for awhile. Yes, I am freekin bummed after wrenching on this bike for over two months and no moving forward now. Runs great, doesn't move now. I am soooo bummed.
This is a race motor, NO WARRANTY . My people I bought it from are taking it back, sending me a new one, for free, no shipping cost to me for the send back, just the ship out I am paying. Now that's good customer service. May be that they actually appreciate the $1,000 of parts I bought from them so far . I have dolled out over $2,000 on this build through different people, but they got most of my money I think ?

It is a crap shoot out there with this China stuff, you just never know what you got till you get it . This thing runs great, moves out like a banshi but the clutch just aint right , and the crack in the case is just unacceptable for $300 .

So were on hold, will keep you posted :(

Kelly 5150 depressed today .

PS. I got a two minute ride that was lightening fast, but it was not right ? No wonder with a broken case and screwed up clutch from it. So bummed out I could spit :(

Old 04-07-2008, 08:52 PM   #2

That sucks, are you gonna pull the motor out of your sunl and put it in the monster for the time being? Probably won't be as fast, but you can kinda dial in your suspension a bit.

Old 04-07-2008, 09:12 PM   #3

No Chigongjitsu

No Chigongjitsu,
The little SunL is exactly where I want it to be and running too good to dismantle . I have the other Motor pulled out already, it ships UPS to Cali tomorrow . I hope to have it back, or a new one soon enough. I have to just sit here and bite my BULLETS till it gets here .
I don't mess around, I am on a mission from God to get this thing built, or so I think its a mission from God. It sure looked cool , now it looks dismantled , boo hoo hoo . :x

The saga continues , good grief .

Cheers, Kelly5150

PS. this is a test of my sobriety darn it !!! Although I will pass that test I am sure . I look too forward for good rides to throw it all away from being pissed off .