Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-06-2018, 11:21 PM   #1

How many miles?

As a first time owner of a Chinese motorcycle, I'm curious to know how many miles/hours have you guys got out of your Chinese motors without any major problems.

Thanks, Scott

Last edited by Hellkitty; 01-07-2018 at 01:26 AM.

Old 01-07-2018, 06:18 AM   #2

I believe there is another thread on this.

53,000 miles on my Lifan 200 before the oil pump chain needed to be replaced. Replaced the engine instead, with the type that has a gear drive pump.

Old 01-07-2018, 01:05 PM   #3

wow! 53,000 is impressive.

I was reinstalling the engine sprocket cover on my Taotao Hellcat and I barely snugged the upper bolt and the threads in the case stripped.Kind of made me question the structural integrity of the engine. I guess it would vary from manufacture to manufacture. Not sure who makes the engine for the Hellcat or if Tao manufactures their own.

Sorry if there is already a thread on this subject. Tried to do a search and didn't see anything. I'm kinda new to forums.

Old 01-07-2018, 04:43 PM   #4

That one draw back to the counterbalanced engines as they have the chain driven oil pump whereas the non counterbalanced ones have the gear drive pump. I remember ARH illustrated this in another thread somewheres. As far as structural integrity goes, its not hard to strip threads in an aluminum engine case, I've done it more than once on jap bikes of various years. helicoil it and call it good, the covers and such on the engine doesn't require a whole lot of torque.