Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2017, 02:49 PM   #1

Kpx 200 rear wheel

Here I go again asking for help, although I've been asking about the wrong bike model. I own a 2004 KPX 200, and I need a new wheel, the rim on my current rear is broken and I'm looking for a replacement, original parts or just getting a whole new wheel from a similar bike and slapping it on. Any ideas on where to look?
Current information: the bike is most nearly a honda XR250 clone, the year models vary
Also similar to the XL200 (currently looking at this as a possible replacement)
It's a 4.10/18 sized wheel with a 17mm diameter axle with drum brakes, the brake hub should have a diameter of about 120mm-130mm (I think that's the data listed in the service naval)
I am least worried about sprocket match up, that should be easy to fix if it's a problem
Thanks all, God speed

Old 10-12-2017, 03:51 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corn-o-tron View Post
Here I go again asking for help, although I've been asking about the wrong bike model. I own a 2004 KPX 200, and I need a new wheel, the rim on my current rear is broken and I'm looking for a replacement, original parts or just getting a whole new wheel from a similar bike and slapping it on. Any ideas on where to look?
Current information: the bike is most nearly a honda XR250 clone, the year models vary
Also similar to the XL200 (currently looking at this as a possible replacement)
It's a 4.10/18 sized wheel with a 17mm diameter axle with drum brakes, the brake hub should have a diameter of about 120mm-130mm (I think that's the data listed in the service naval)
I am least worried about sprocket match up, that should be easy to fix if it's a problem
Thanks all, God speed
I would try to match it up on Taobao on the internet. The rim size you want is the same as a Hawk, because they both take the same size rear tire...ARH

Old 10-12-2017, 07:30 PM   #3

These were common-for-the-time GY200 bikes, and if I recall, Zongshen manufactured several brands' GY200 models in the early to mid-2000s, including KPX. I had a bike manufactured by Shineray and sold under the Jetmoto brand name (US distributor) which was pretty much the same bike, and I recall most of these bikes used '80 Honda XL185 aftermarket sprockets which were ordered from Dennis Kirk. You are on the right track as far as rear wheel goes, but as ARH mentioned, you are probably going to have better luck with tao bao (like the Chinese version of ebay). Put in KPX 200, but like Jetmoto, KPX was the distributor rather than a Chinese brand, so try Zongshen GY 200 for a more generic matching fit.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 10-13-2017, 09:43 AM   #4

Alright, thanks for the help. I tried a little bit yesterday, but sometimes words don't translate well to English and English keywords don't translate back, but I'll keep looking. Thanks tons