Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2017, 06:13 PM   #1

No Spark on ZongShen 200GY-2

Hi everyone my name is Louis and i own a ZongShen 200GY-2. I would love to add photos of it but its in a big mess lol. I seem to not have spark on it. Let me explain what happend i fixed tge carburetor because the engine was not performing when i eventually managed to fix it the bike started right up ddnt even need to use accelerator. Anyway long story short i switched the bike off 2days later go back wanting to start it and its dead. Checked for spark and nothing. I then went straight to stator cover took it off and saw that the stator was shaving against the magneto causing the Source coil to burn out obviously.

I had it rewired and expected that once fitted the bike would start and still nothing. I then took the rectifier and ignition coil and fitted it to similiar model and the bike started up. I did not suspect the CDI would be faulty as it was working but now i seem to think it is that. Ive tested the stator ohms is 1.4 per wire the resistance in the rewired source is very high though being 820ohms and the Pulsar coil is about 680 Ohms. Ive checked all the ground wires as there is such little on them its not hard finding. Now the bike i tested the ignition coil and rectifier on is sold so i cannot test the CDI on it.

Sorry for the long post but if someone could please give me some advise

Old 05-11-2017, 01:51 PM   #2

And i forgot to mention iam new to the forum so please forgive me if i posted my problem on the wrong page

Old 05-11-2017, 04:38 PM   #3

Ok, so you fixed the stator. tested the reg/rec, and coil. Have not tested the CDI. I just want to clear up what has or has not been tested to this point.

If you have verified power to the CDI box from the exciter coil on the stator, you have a good clean ground, no shorts, corrosion, or bad connections in the CDI wiring then there are only two conclusions I can come up with. Either it's not recieving the signal from the magnetic pickup to fire, or the CDI itself is not passing voltage to the primary ignition coil wire. If that is the case, then yes, the CDI is most likely bad.

Old 05-11-2017, 05:53 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadan View Post
...Either it's not recieving the signal from the magnetic pickup to fire, or the CDI itself is not passing voltage to the primary ignition coil wire...
I would say PM SpudRider for correct readings & check voltage (Stator - CDI in) pickup (the gap btw is the keypoint) It may shows not OK already -Similar stator shape ie. chinese made Yammie SR150... ohm reading are way lower than that / source coil (you can mocks these by hacking DC-dci's 2?? Volt output... | There's volt in CDi-out | Ign coil should be something like those Yamaha...
===
Oscilloscope (digital chinese cheapie is good enough for this job) handy to saw the REAL ??? of bike ign

Old 05-17-2017, 09:23 AM   #5

K i have bought a new cdi going to test it out and ill give feedback. So hoping it is the CDI cause iam so frustrated allready.