Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-10-2017, 06:19 PM   #211

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOTOXtreme View Post
I got right at 225/230 ml in mine as well so I'd say that's probably right.
You have a Brozz right?

Old 04-10-2017, 06:23 PM   #212

i filled mine with about 320cc

Old 04-10-2017, 06:23 PM   #213

Finally got the paperwork in the mail. It was returned to sender as undeliverable last week.

Checked with State Farm and Insurance will be $10.00 a month.

So tomorrow I will get the insurance and then go ver to the License place and get the Title Plate and my Motorcycle Learners Permit So I can get my Motorcycle endorsement.

Old 04-10-2017, 07:07 PM   #214

Quote:
Originally Posted by goat67 View Post
You have a Brozz right?
I do. I can't say for sure if the measurement is correct, but it was the same in the other fork so I assumed it was in the ball park. I've put 50 miles on mine and I'm very impressed with how it rides.

Previously owned / operated MOTO Xtreme selling American Lifan / Check out my friends at www.armattanquads.com

"Imagination is more important that knowledge" Albert Einstein

Old 04-10-2017, 07:20 PM   #215

Quote:
Originally Posted by da4design View Post
i filled mine with about 320cc
How much did you get out of them? No way I had 320 cc in each fork

Old 04-12-2017, 07:17 PM   #216

Well it is official it is streetable got the license plate today.

Been raining so I have not had a chance to ride.

My bike is very cold blooded I have to have the throttle open with full choke to get it to start and then keep it on full choke for quite a while.

Once it is warmed up I can turn off the choke and it will idle.

Comments?

Mods that would change carb that I have done is remove air box and smog controls.

I am at around 1000 ft elevation with the stock carb and jets any advice on what to check or change. I am going to gut the catalytic soon also.

Old 04-12-2017, 11:49 PM   #217

First adjust valves if you haven't already done so. Then go a little bigger on the jets. My hawk likes the mikuni with a 110 main jet. I have stock air box because I fear water more than missing 1/2 hp. I also have stock exhaust, cuz I'm cheap.

Old 04-13-2017, 01:13 AM   #218

Quote:
Well it is official it is streetable got the license plate today.

Been raining so I have not had a chance to ride.

My bike is very cold blooded I have to have the throttle open with full choke to get it to start and then keep it on full choke for quite a while.

Once it is warmed up I can turn off the choke and it will idle.

Comments?

Mods that would change carb that I have done is remove air box and smog controls.

I am at around 1000 ft elevation with the stock carb and jets any advice on what to check or change. I am going to gut the catalytic soon also.
I own this bike and mine was perfectly set up except for a small Idle adjustment. This is NOT a Hawk, it's a Bashan and it shouldn't need any mods to run correctly and do 65+MPH out of the box... faster after break in....

Old 04-13-2017, 07:06 AM   #219

All my china bikes have been cold natured but I would definitely adj the valves if you haven't already. The air fuel mixture on our carbs are non adjustable which is a real bummer. You may just have a bum carb. Put some miles on the bike thought. These adjustments change during break-in.

Previously owned / operated MOTO Xtreme selling American Lifan / Check out my friends at www.armattanquads.com

Old 04-13-2017, 07:29 AM   #220

Valves adjusted.

Air box removal I do not ever plan on taking this thing thru any water that would require the air box. I plan on changing the rear shock to one that is adjustable.

It idles nicely once warmed up.
The temp is in the mid 50s so maybe that is the way it is?

So you other Brozz owners you do not need to choke or use throttle to start your bike when cold?

SANY said
I own this bike and mine was perfectly set up except for a small Idle adjustment. This is NOT a Hawk, it's a Bashan and it shouldn't need any mods to run correctly and do 65+MPH out of the box... faster after break in....

Thanks for the input I just like to tweak things so if you can do 65+ I hope mine can do better

I think I will gut the catalytic. Does anybody have a post on what else can be done to the stock exhaust to let it breath better?

Then I will probably either get the china Mikumi or redo the PZ30 leaning towards the Mikumi just because more people have jetted these and I have seen instructions.

Thanks for all the info guys.

Old 04-13-2017, 08:06 AM   #221

I would wait to do mods until she is broken in. I know I have heard many people noticing huge differences in their bikes' engines (other brands) once they broke in their stock bikes. I am guessing your idle might have something to do with weather and humidity. Go on some long rides to break the bike in, and see if you notice differences once the miles start piling up.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 04-13-2017, 09:58 AM   #222

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
I would wait to do mods until she is broken in. I know I have heard many people noticing huge differences in their bikes' engines (other brands) once they broke in their stock bikes. I am guessing your idle might have something to do with weather and humidity. Go on some long rides to break the bike in, and see if you notice differences once the miles start piling up.
X2.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 04-13-2017, 09:59 AM   #223

I most defiantly have to choke mine to start it. I choke it and idle it up for a minute to warm it up. After that I'll let it idle with 1/2 choke until I'm ready to ride. Even then it will sometimes stall out at first but once its moving its great.

Old 04-13-2017, 10:22 AM   #224

Quote:
Valves adjusted.

Air box removal I do not ever plan on taking this thing thru any water that would require the air box. I plan on changing the rear shock to one that is adjustable.

It idles nicely once warmed up.
The temp is in the mid 50s so maybe that is the way it is?

So you other Brozz owners you do not need to choke or use throttle to start your bike when cold?

SANY said

Thanks for the input I just like to tweak things so if you can do 65+ I hope mine can do better

I think I will gut the catalytic. Does anybody have a post on what else can be done to the stock exhaust to let it breath better?

Then I will probably either get the china Mikumi or redo the PZ30 leaning towards the Mikumi just because more people have jetted these and I have seen instructions.

Thanks for all the info guys.
I rarely choke my bike. I only use high octane fuel with no ethanol. Not sure why you'd spend the money to get a good bike then mess with it. You bought a single cylinder, 229cc, 4-stroke, air cooled dirtbike with lights. If you wanted more bike, you should have bought more bike. What you're planning is like putting a supercharger on a Ford Pinto. Not to be too harsh, but all you'll do by messing with it is shorten it's life... and maybe your own. But hey..... it's your money.

Old 04-13-2017, 10:25 AM   #225

I know you have the Brozz but tuning should be close to the same. My hawk was the same way for cold starts. But after re-jetting the stock carburetor with a 115 main, shimming the needle with 2 small washer and turning out the idle mixture screw 1 1/2 turns I hardly ever have to choke it unless its the mid 50's or lower and at half choke for about a minute. This video of a cold start was done with temperature was just below 60*. I would go with a 110 main on stock exhaust. In the video I had a 120 main but found it too rich on top end so I went back to a 115.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel