Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2016, 02:34 PM   #1

Skyteam Raptor 250-Odometer/tachometer

Hi guys,
has anybody experience with the odometer/tachometer from ebay/amazon??

1. odometer: Is it right to use a odometer (I need it with km/h) with k=1,4?
2. tachometer: where to connect the rpm-cable...at the coil?

What i want is to add a tachometer, max. 8000 1/min is enough.

And perhaps to replace the odometer with one with black scale.

Old 10-10-2016, 12:45 AM   #2

i did not buy a new speedo, but i did buy a tach from ebay for about $6 and i have has no trouble with it (other than it is digital and hard to see when the sun hits it). there should be 3 wires on the tach, one to power, one to ground and one to the small wire to the coil (just as you said) and i have never gotten my bike up to 8k rpm, so you should be good there imo ... btw, i wired my power to my tail light, because the dash light that shows my lights are on is hard to see, and the switch to turn them off is easy to hit

Old 10-10-2016, 02:01 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by my01 View Post
...where to connect the rpm-cable...at the coil?
What i want is to add a tachometer...
Here or there

Those 13k like this https://www.amazon.de/dp/B017D82KI6 is easy to fit : Long wires (backlight) | B/Y: rev signal ...

Old 10-10-2016, 12:17 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by humanbeing View Post
Here or there

Those 13k like this https://www.amazon.de/dp/B017D82KI6 is easy to fit : Long wires (backlight) | B/Y: rev signal ...
I like this tach. 8000 rpm is straight up on the dial, makes it easy to see right away when you are at peak revs. Price is right, too. Problem is no one is selling them to the United States.

Old 10-26-2016, 04:03 PM   #5

does anybody knows the k-factor?
k=1 or k=1,4?

perhaps i would buy this set;
https://www.amazon.de/Wegmesser-Kilometerz%C3%A4hler-Geschwindigkeitsmesser-Tachometer-Hintergrundbeleuchtung/dp/B00MVNT0LE/ref=pd_sim_sbs_263_2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=Q TC2JV4955F0VS2PZP1H

Reason: i want to have a tripcounter. the Raptor does not have one and don´t have a fuel-reserve-warning lamp, too.
So you always have to remember when you filled up fuel last time -how many km you have driven since....

Old 10-26-2016, 04:07 PM   #6

But you have a regular reserve on the petcock?

Old 10-27-2016, 01:34 AM   #7

yes.... but it happens, that even i used not the reserve, the tank has been empty....

Old 10-27-2016, 04:20 AM   #8

Quote:
always have to remember when you filled up fuel last time -how many km you have driven since....
http://www.chinariders.net/showpost....16&postcount=6

Old 10-27-2016, 12:06 PM   #9

Quote:
yes.... but it happens, that even i used not the reserve, the tank has been empty....
It is possible that the petcock is not properly marked; I've seen that. To be sure, remove the petcock from the tank (when it's empty) and gently blow air through the hose barb. Which tube has air passing through it when main is selected? It should be the longer tube. On reserve, the short tube should have air passing through. I've engraved a petcock to eliminate doubt after figuring it out.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 10-28-2016, 02:45 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
... and gently blow air through the hose barb...
Yep, I just did that on my Puzey last week, and can confirm once again that gasoline is quite bitter and makes your lips numb

Old 10-28-2016, 04:10 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
It is possible that the petcock is not properly marked; I've seen that. To be sure, remove the petcock from the tank (when it's empty) and gently blow air through the hose barb. Which tube has air passing through it when main is selected? It should be the longer tube. On reserve, the short tube should have air passing through. I've engraved a petcock to eliminate doubt after figuring it out.
That is a good tip. Thx.
today i emptied the tank in "on" until no more fuel is coming, switched to "reserve" and no fuel come out.
so...perhaps the marks on the petcock is wrong and also the photo in the manual.Anyway... I have to blow through the petcock.

I will keep you informed about the progress

Old 10-28-2016, 05:30 PM   #12

it seems Isolved the "problem". I checked with blowing through the petcock, tubes of petcock dumped in water. So I can clearly see where the air is going through. Everything seems okay. And then I thinked over it. The whole time I´ve been driven in "reserve". That´s the reason why maschine stopped and gave me trouble witrh starting again. after I filled up it started immediately.

When i let the fuel out... in "reserve" (thinking that was "on") until no more fuel coming, the tank w a s empty and so there is no more fuel coming when i switched to what i thouight is "reserve" (but was "on").

Now i filled up with 5 ltr.in total. Tomorrow, after hopefully pass the MOT (called TÜV in Germany) with my car, I want to drive with the bike, until to the fuel limit. Then I will see, if the knot was in my head.

Better to take some fuel with me....

Old 10-29-2016, 04:30 AM   #13

Send a message via Skype™ to thedoc62
i installed a aftermarket odometer too to have the partial km count and use it not to remain without gas................used to do that on my drz after filling tank and knew that after 130 kms i was almost at reserve..............not as easy on the Raptor though, cause you cannot fill the tank completely or it will spill out and waste paint...............
I just open the tank and give a look inside from time to time

Old 11-07-2016, 06:52 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedoc62 View Post
i installed a aftermarket odometer too to have the partial km count and use it not to remain without gas................used to do that on my drz after filling tank and knew that after 130 kms i was almost at reserve..............not as easy on the Raptor though, cause you cannot fill the tank completely or it will spill out and waste paint...............
I just open the tank and give a look inside from time to time
did you installed in on the raptor? Which one you choose? Any Problems with the displayed speed? means...you got the wright speedometer.

A link would be helpful, indeed.

Mille grazie.

Old 11-07-2016, 06:56 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by humanbeing View Post
this hint is brilliant.
Thank YOU!!