Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2016, 05:51 PM   #1

Hi from Anglesey Wales Uk .

Hi All I am from Anglesey Wales Uk , and glad to find this site as its a god send as I have a Jingling 300cc road legal quad this one = http://www.jinlingatv.com/racing-atv/220.html and love riding about , only done 130 miles as it was bought September and had to do the tracking etc , loool braking it in is a long slow process 30mph etc , just sprayed her with ACF50 Anti-Corrosion Spray Rust Prevention Protection Bike Motorcycle , love ps4 gaming , having fun etc etc , nice to meet you all ,take care Kev attachment.php
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 14572476_1705361739784804_1630037297_o.jpg (99.6 KB, 83 views)

Last edited by Kev Williams; 10-13-2016 at 09:23 PM. Reason: trying to put a pic of my quad.

Old 10-13-2016, 10:46 PM   #2

Engine: CVT & 72.5*66.8 maybe similar to Linhai (big bored Yamaha Majesty)

Old 10-13-2016, 11:49 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by humanbeing View Post
Engine: CVT & 72.5*66.8 maybe similar to Linhai (big bored Yamaha Majesty)
Hi is that info good ?

Old 10-14-2016, 12:37 PM   #4

Welcome, Kev! I'm only 1/4 Welsh; nobody is perfect.

That's a cool ride! We can't ride quads on the road where I live, although I have seen them in some States in the U.S., namely Montana and Wyoming. I'd love to be able to rip around town on my quad.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 10-14-2016, 12:52 PM   #5

I've always wondered if you're not actually getting the worst of the two worlds with these things, i.e. you're exposed to the weather like on a motorcycle, but in the same time you're as wide and as manouverable as a small car.

Buuuut, if it puts a smile on your face, who cares what I wonder

Old 10-14-2016, 04:27 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
Welcome, Kev! I'm only 1/4 Welsh; nobody is perfect.

That's a cool ride! We can't ride quads on the road where I live, although I have seen them in some States in the U.S., namely Montana and Wyoming. I'd love to be able to rip around town on my quad.
Thanx For the welcome Weldangrind , its a pity you cant ride where you live :( its nice here as I live on an island with loads of flat roads no mountains and lovely beaches

Old 10-14-2016, 04:35 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krasi_BG View Post
I've always wondered if you're not actually getting the worst of the two worlds with these things, i.e. you're exposed to the weather like on a motorcycle, but in the same time you're as wide and as manouverable as a small car.

Buuuut, if it puts a smile on your face, who cares what I wonder
I see your point there Krasi_BG , its wired and safer in my experience as years ago I had a Honda 125cc and didn't feel safe on it as some cars was driving silly up here and nearly had a few accidents , but with the quad loool they can see me and overtake nicely loool , but the dagnamit rain is a bit of a mind f@@k etc

Old 10-14-2016, 06:01 PM   #8

welcome kev

have you tried a top gps recorded speed? i know you have to take it easy so don't break it just yet. just curious what that 300cc will do.

we can ride and plate 3 wheelers in the states in both configurations but 4 wheels? no way
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 10-14-2016, 08:17 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBike View Post
welcome kev

have you tried a top gps recorded speed? i know you have to take it easy so don't break it just yet. just curious what that 300cc will do.

we can ride and plate 3 wheelers in the states in both configurations but 4 wheels? no way
Will do mate when i get to 500 miles , but what I have heard is about 65mph to75mph , thanx for asking

Old 10-15-2016, 01:56 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev Williams View Post
Thanx For the welcome Weldangrind , its a pity you cant ride where you live :( its nice here as I live on an island with loads of flat roads no mountains and lovely beaches
That would be wonderful.

It's not as if we lack riding areas, since the land area of BC is almost four times that of the entire UK. We recently brought in registration of off-road vehicles in my Province, which allows some road access under limited conditions. Nevertheless, it would be terrific to rip down the road on my quad and fill the tank or get a coffee. With our MOT, that's not likely to happen.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 10-15-2016, 02:14 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
That would be wonderful.

It's not as if we lack riding areas, since the land area of BC is almost four times that of the entire UK. We recently brought in registration of off-road vehicles in my Province, which allows some road access under limited conditions. Nevertheless, it would be terrific to rip down the road on my quad and fill the tank or get a coffee. With our MOT, that's not likely to happen.
Limited conditions, thats a pity :( Well I hope one day you will be able to rip down the road on your quad ,and get that lovely coffee , MOT nooooooo bad one , hope you get it sorted .

Old 10-15-2016, 03:42 PM   #12

Our MOT is ridiculous, in that we have government insurance, with options for third-party liability. It's beyond expensive to insure a vehicle or motorcycle here, so all of my bikes are 250 or less so I can have cheaper insurance. That said, three months of basic coverage costs more than full coverage (incl theft) for a year in most States. :(

We can no longer convert a dirt bike to dual sport duty in BC, which is a major bummer. That said, we have a provision for u-bilt motorcycle, so I might take advantage of that and build something unique. I can't do four wheels, but three is allowed.