Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2016, 10:47 AM   #46

Being a wrench all my life, I trust no one when it comes to assembly.....but that's just me. I can totally understand those who are "mechanically challenged" or worse, have no facility or assortment of tools to assemble with. I'd be tempted to jump on the assembly also. Just be aware, go over it with a fine tooth comb, and make sure everything is adjusted properly and snug.
Example: I have great faith in CSC and am happier with that company than any other I've dealt with....but the TT250 chain was super tight and the rear wheel wasn't aligned straight out of crate.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 09-19-2016, 12:10 PM   #47

Just don't pay the company I bought from to 'fully assemble' your bike ... would have been better off if it was built by a blind person

"You never know what someone is hiding beneath their smile..." - NinjaTom - R.I.P.

Old 10-03-2016, 12:52 PM   #48

I received some emails from Joe about the availability of these and he claims they are now in stock and shipping. Thats the Roketa Storm DB-08R-250 for $1399 minus discounts shipped to your door. I think this is one of the best deals out there at this time.

Old 10-04-2016, 09:24 AM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
I trust no one when it comes to assembly.....but that's just me.
You're not alone here Weld, i recall discussing assembly charges with my father, and him saying that he would prefer to pay more for an unassembled unit than check someone else's work...lol.

Old 10-04-2016, 01:15 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by NM RETIRED GUY View Post
I received some emails from Joe about the availability of these and he claims they are now in stock and shipping. Thats the Roketa Storm DB-08R-250 for $1399 minus discounts shipped to your door. I think this is one of the best deals out there at this time.
OK, I'll bite. What makes this a better deal than a Hawk is, for instance? Perhaps it is easier to get registered and plated?

Old 10-04-2016, 01:20 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariel Red Hunter View Post
OK, I'll bite. What makes this a better deal than a Hawk is, for instance? Perhaps it is easier to get registered and plated?
Inverted forks, counterbalance engine. DOT EPA approved. Easy to reg in 49 states. Having a shorter seat height might be a plus for some.

Old 10-04-2016, 01:48 PM   #52

Anyone know who manufacturers it?

Old 10-04-2016, 01:49 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudflap View Post
Anyone know who manufacturers it?
Bashan

Old 10-04-2016, 02:01 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
Inverted forks, counterbalance engine. DOT EPA approved. Easy to reg in 49 states. Having a shorter seat height might be a plus for some.
Merlin - Is this the bike you bought? Different name but same bike?

Old 10-04-2016, 02:21 PM   #55

Quote:
Merlin - Is this the bike you bought? Different name but same bike?
No this bike is different. Just about the only thing that is the same is the engine.

Old 10-04-2016, 04:14 PM   #56

Quote:
Oh, I see. For the average rider, the best difference is easy 49 state registration. For some the lower seat height is an advantage. The counter-balance engine may have an advantage in more flywheel weight. And maybe that advantage overcomes the dis-advantage of having a chain drive oil pump. The upside down forks are more of an advantage in higher speed off road work. But there is no denying the advantage of easier registration.

Old 10-04-2016, 04:42 PM   #57

Quote:
Oh, I see. For the average rider, the best difference is easy 49 state registration. For some the lower seat height is an advantage. The counter-balance engine may have an advantage in more flywheel weight. And maybe that advantage overcomes the dis-advantage of having a chain drive oil pump. The upside down forks are more of an advantage in higher speed off road work. But there is no denying the advantage of easier registration.
For me the lower seat height of the Storm would be a dis-advantage. My bike is full sized as I like it. I dont do high speed off road work so up side down forks would not really be needed. I hope the counterbalance engine lets me ride at highway speeds with out rattling the bike or my old bones too much. The Brozz would be the bike I would want if I had it to do over again. I might try and sale this bike and start over with a Brozz?

Old 10-04-2016, 05:39 PM   #58

Quote:
For me the lower seat height of the Storm would be a dis-advantage. My bike is full sized as I like it. I dont do high speed off road work so up side down forks would not really be needed. I hope the counterbalance engine lets me ride at highway speeds with out rattling the bike or my old bones too much. The Brozz would be the bike I would want if I had it to do over again. I might try and sale this bike and start over with a Brozz?
I gotta confess I never really noticed engine vibration on my 250's. But all of them were English made, and the English really worked to get the engines mounted right to quell vibration. Excessive engine vibration is usually caused by poor engine mounting. I suspect that the Chinese don't bother with this. Easy to understand, considering 90% of their buyers worldwide have never owned anything with an internal combustion engine in it before. I would hope that the Brozz has got to be a lot better than what you have. Personally, I would go with a Hawk. There have been lots of them sold, and not very many complaints. And the problems that have shown up seem to have been treated satisfactorily on this site.

Old 10-04-2016, 05:53 PM   #59

Quote:
I gotta confess I never really noticed engine vibration on my 250's. But all of them were English made, and the English really worked to get the engines mounted right to quell vibration. Excessive engine vibration is usually caused by poor engine mounting. I suspect that the Chinese don't bother with this. Easy to understand, considering 90% of their buyers worldwide have never owned anything with an internal combustion engine in it before. I would hope that the Brozz has got to be a lot better than what you have. Personally, I would go with a Hawk. There have been lots of them sold, and not very many complaints. And the problems that have shown up seem to have been treated satisfactorily on this site.
Ya lots of support for the Hawk here. No DOT approval. Wont work in Colorado.

Old 10-04-2016, 06:09 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by NM RETIRED GUY View Post
I can confirm that the Storms are back in the US. My local shop just called to tell me that my Storm has arrived and is now being assembled. It is Orange....but I had my pick of 4 other colors. Just my luck, I am out of town and cannot pick it up until the 16th. But, at least now I'm a little more confident that I will get one. Will provide pics at that time.:yay