Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2016, 09:40 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by w0ss View Post
What parts are you looking for? Everything I have needed so far has been on ebay. It did take awhile to get used to searching generic part names and looking for pictures that match. Nothing by part name.

Like you said service should be easy on these bikes. A reputable shop should work on it no problem. It's different though and just like some service shops only work on domestic or only imports. With a dead simple bike like these I can't see the justification though.
I think it has to do with getting parts if THEY break it while working on it. Also the no name-brand parts, no part numbers. Plus the broken bike could be in their shop for a couple weeks waiting on parts.

With the increase in these machines, someone would make a lot of money and save people a lot of grief by introducing part numbers and brand parts. I am not sure why chinese companies have not done this, especially if they want to compete with American buyers. It only makes sense. These are things I am slowly learning about this owning experience.

Moto Aventure ride 2020.

"If everyone is thinking the same thing, no one is thinking." Gen. Patton.

-2017 Suzuki SV650
-2015 BASHAN - STORM
Current mods: LED headlight & tail light, LED fog light, JT 428-130 chain, 47t rear sprocket, 4-fuse box, oil-cooler, CSC TT205 hand controls, 32" handlebars, aftermarket 295mm rear shock, digital speedo & tach, USB/12 volt accessory; painted flat-black.
-2005 Skyteam ST90 (sitting in pieces)
-2003 Buell Blast - SOLD

Old 07-16-2016, 09:41 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonjester View Post
What about a TT250 or RX3 from CSC? Gotta be a lot easier on the pocket book than a BMW for goodness sake and you should have parts availability at least with CSC. Just a thought. Best of luck to you.
I have been considering the CSC RX3 bike as well... Just not sure which way I am going to go right now. I think CSC are doing the best out of all the chinese import companies.

Moto Aventure ride 2020.

-2017 Suzuki SV650
-2015 BASHAN - STORM
Current mods: LED headlight & tail light, LED fog light, JT 428-130 chain, 47t rear sprocket, 4-fuse box, oil-cooler, CSC TT205 hand controls, 32" handlebars, aftermarket 295mm rear shock, digital speedo & tach, USB/12 volt accessory; painted flat-black.
-2003 Buell Blast - SOLD

Old 07-16-2016, 11:08 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckrug4 View Post
Check out the China bikes north America on Facebook, there's a guy named Joe b Dallas that seems to have replaced every thing on his hawk. Might get parts lead there. You don't need a mechanic to work on these bikes.
I'd be very interested in checking out that page. Could you please post a link? I searched on FB and China Bikes North America gave no results, so I'm thinking it's called something else.

2016 CSC TT250

Old 07-17-2016, 11:07 PM   #19

Angry Looking and frustrated

Hey guys I have a Quan msxfine 150 2004 and I'm looking for a front 21" 1.4 rim as mine is bent does anybody know where I can find one please let me know thanks.

Old 07-18-2016, 09:32 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonjester View Post
I'd be very interested in checking out that page. Could you please post a link? I searched on FB and China Bikes North America gave no results, so I'm thinking it's called something else.
Its a closed group now. I just joined it and then it went to closed. There is some cool info on there and one guys mods to his HAWK.

Moto Aventure ride 2020.

-2017 Suzuki SV650
-2015 BASHAN - STORM
-2003 Buell Blast - SOLD