wow, looks like that should be a sticky

- 2008 Kawasaki Versys
- 2016 CSC TT250

Old 06-29-2016, 08:57 AM   #77

Irate Safer Wholesale review

Quote:
Originally Posted by hertz9753 View Post
http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/...rwholesale-com

I found Merlin's review and report in my search but I won't show it here.

Great Sports Inc is Saferwholesale.

I dont know if this is the review or not but here is one of my reviews for Safer Wholesale.

I tried to buy a Bashan DB-08 Storm 250 motorcycle from Safer Wholesale and got ripped off!! For over three years I've been saving to buy a bike to get to town and back. Iam disabled and had to go without one or two meals a day to save the money. I only get $700 a month to live on. These people prey on the poor and old. I was told the bike was in stock and was pressured to pay by echeck to get the bike before someone else and at a price I could afford. Like a fool I paid. When I checked the receipt I found they had changed the bike for a much cheaper one. They did this without telling me. I called them and was told the bike I had ordered was out of stock so they chose this one for me? I told them I would go ahead and take the cheaper bike anyway. One week later I called to check out my order and was told the bike they substituted for the Bashan DB-08 250 was not in stock and they would not be getting any more of the bikes they sold me again. I was then told it would take a month to mail me a check. From what I've read here and everywhere that means I will never see my money again. At 62 years old I don't have 3 more years to wait!! I've contacted the Attorney General in Illinois and in Colorado, filled out fraud claims and reported them to the BBB. If anyone knows anyway to help me please let me know. Bottom line DO NOT BUT ANYTHING FROM not SAFER WHOLESALE!!! If safer refunds my money in a timely manner I will update my review.

Old 06-29-2016, 09:01 AM   #78

Irate Sticky This

Quote:
Originally Posted by kohburn View Post
wow, looks like that should be a sticky
This might help someone else. Seems like its to late for me:

Safer SUED! Get your money back!!!
Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madigan has filed a lawsuit against online sporting goods retailer Great Sports Inc. for fraud and deceptive business practices.

Madigan's office says the Illinois company has three websites, greaterpowersports.com, globaltrailer.net and saferwholesale.com, that sell sporting goods, motorcycles, exercise equipment and more.

The company is accused of delivering incorrect orders or damaged goods, and denying customer refunds. Madigan says her office received hundreds of complaints from consumers in 19 counties throughout Illinois, and estimates consumers have lost approximately $350,000.

Madigan is asking the court to prevent the company from doing business in Illinois. The lawsuit also seeks to revoke the company's license, provide restitution to consumers and impose civil penalties on the defendants.

Madigan is also encouraging any consumer who believes they may have been defrauded by Great Sports, Inc., on any of their three websites to contact the Consumer Fraud hotline.

Consumer Fraud Hotline numbers
1-800-386-5438 - Chicago
1-800-243-0618 - Springfield
1-800-243-0607 - Carbondale

Someone want to start a Go Fund Me campaign. Maybe people would help a old disabled guy who's been ripped off get his bucket list bike? I would try but I dont know how to do it? Just an idea but Ive read people doing this. Anyone here want to help me?
PS I got disabled in the 70s keeping America safe for jerks like Safer Wholesale so they can ripp us off!?

Last edited by Merlin; 06-29-2016 at 09:59 AM.

Old 06-29-2016, 09:27 AM   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
They have ripped off about $500,000 in Illinois alone. Must be millions over the US. I know they know the game.
Perhaps a sticky warning about them is in order Mods? Or perhaps some warning in the Dealer & Distributor discussion area?

2016 CSC TT250

Old 06-29-2016, 10:03 AM   #80

Head Scratching Go Fund Me?

Someone want to start a Go Fund Me campaign for me? Maybe people would help a old disabled guy who's been ripped off get his bucket list bike? I would try but I dont know how to do it? Just an idea but Ive read people doing this. Anyone here want to help me?
PS I got disabled in the 70s keeping America safe for jerks like Safer Wholesale so they can ripp us off!?

Old 06-29-2016, 02:19 PM   #81

At the top of this thread there's info on how to register a complaint with the FTC:

http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=2660

2016 CSC TT250

Old 06-30-2016, 10:21 AM   #82

Well I've left many messages with customer support with out one reply. Once these guys get your money they go missing in action!

Old 06-30-2016, 01:20 PM   #83

Update

Well I sent Safer a link to this thread and to the reviews I left for them and I might be getting a refund. Ill let you know how it goes.

So to hijack my own thread...... Iam 6'1" and dont want to ride a small bike. Is the Storm 250 a full size bike? Ive seen videos of people riding these looking huge on a small bike. Is there a full size 250cc road legal enduro with a counter balance engine for under $2000? I was looking at a TT 250 but at $2500+ it is out of my price range unless someone knows where to get one cheaper?

Old 06-30-2016, 01:27 PM   #84

The Storm is about the same height as the WILL... seat height is around 30 inches I believe, maybe a little lower depending on a few things...

For a 'full size' China bike... you will probably have to get a HAWK and then plate/register it 'out of state' in South Dakota ??

"You never know what someone is hiding beneath their smile..." - NinjaTom - R.I.P.

Old 06-30-2016, 04:32 PM   #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhule View Post
The Storm is about the same height as the WILL... seat height is around 30 inches I believe, maybe a little lower depending on a few things...

For a 'full size' China bike... you will probably have to get a HAWK and then plate/register it 'out of state' in South Dakota ??
30 inches sounds more like a minibike?

Old 06-30-2016, 04:45 PM   #86

Quote:
I guess that depends on how tall you are. That's seat height, i.e. same as your inseam length on pants. The seat height on a TT250 is 34 inches. Not everyone is 6'5". Believe it or not, there are some of us who have 29 inch inseams. A 30 inch seat height would work fine for them most likely.

2016 CSC TT250

Old 06-30-2016, 05:00 PM   #87

Quote:
All depends on your inseam really... even a 6+ foot tall gnome would have problems getting on a 30 inch bike just look at them stubby little legs

"You never know what someone is hiding beneath their smile..." - NinjaTom - R.I.P.

Old 06-30-2016, 05:58 PM   #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhule View Post
All depends on your inseam really... even a 6+ foot tall gnome would have problems getting on a 30 inch bike just look at them stubby little legs

This is true! LOL

Old 06-30-2016, 06:07 PM   #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonjester View Post
I guess that depends on how tall you are. That's seat height, i.e. same as your inseam length on pants. The seat height on a TT250 is 34 inches. Not everyone is 6'5". Believe it or not, there are some of us who have 29 inch inseams. A 30 inch seat height would work fine for them most likely.
Iam 6' 1" but I have long legs. 34" inseam. I think 34" seat height would work best for me. The hawk is the right size but I was hopping to get a counter balance engine. Iam really looking at the TT250 but at $2500 its is about $1000 more then I planned to pay. Is the TT250 worth the extra $1200 over the hawk? For that price I could buy 2 hawks.
Is there any choice for a full size china bike with a counterbalance engine for $2000 or less? If there is I haven't been able to find it? So it seems to come down to the Hawk or the TT250?

Old 06-30-2016, 06:27 PM   #90

Quote:
Iam 6' 1" but I have long legs. 34" inseam. I think 34" seat height would work best for me. The hawk is the right size but I was hopping to get a counter balance engine. Iam really looking at the TT250 but at $2500 its is about $1000 more then I planned to pay. Is the TT250 worth the extra $1200 over the hawk? For that price I could buy 2 hawks.
Is there any choice for a full size china bike with a counterbalance engine for $2000 or less? If there is I haven't been able to find it? So it seems to come down to the Hawk or the TT250?
Where do you live might not be able to register the hawk for on road use