Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-22-2016, 08:45 PM   #1

2006 200gy

Just purchased my first Chinese bike used. could not pass up the deal only $200 with a few issues. im just hoping someone with more experience may be able to point me in the right direction. The big issue i seem to be having now is a Knock or rattle at the bottom end of the engine its not really noticeable at idle once the bike warms up but if i give it any throttle it gets louder and the bike shakes a little. also if i go more then around half throttle it just shuts off i can barely get above 30mph by 5th gear without the loud rattle or risking it just shutting off. im not sure what it could be at all just wondering what i could check or if its even worth it not sure where i would even get parts. i think the motor is a lifan 200cc there are no markings but the designs identical. would this be fixable or am i better off just buying a new motor? also anyone know any parts what would fit this bike or any good websites to buy from? thanks!!

Old 05-22-2016, 08:51 PM   #2

also just some more info i thought of the bike almost always from cold start will start on the very first kick and will hold an idle as long as i need it too.

Old 05-22-2016, 08:53 PM   #3

Welcome!

Empty out all old gas from the tank and fuel bowl and get a new fuel filter. If it doesn't have an inline filter be sure you add one.

Check valve lash.

Clean the carb.

Go ahead and change the oil, its super inexpensive to do. Make sure you use a motorcycle appropriate oil with no added friction modifiers.

Tons of YouTube videos if your not familiar with any of the above.

/

Old 05-22-2016, 08:56 PM   #4

thanks i will do all of that tomorrow! so far it does have a fresh tank of gas but ill try the rest. But would any of that even possibly fix a "rattle" at the bottom end of the engine

Old 05-22-2016, 08:58 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adjuster View Post

Check valve lash.

/
i think i can do all but ive never heard of this one would you be able to possibly post a link to a video or something explaining this please

Old 05-22-2016, 09:28 PM   #6

Its virtually the same process for all vertical motorcycle engines. This YouTube link should get you started. You should have a metal plate or sticker on your bike to tell you what the specs are for valve clearance. You can get a set of feeler gauges Ebay/Amazon/Harbor Freight. Just make sure the set you purchase has the correct gauge you need as they're all different. You can also search these forums as there are many topics/posts on setting valve clearance.

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...learance+200gy

/

Old 05-22-2016, 09:31 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerickw View Post
thanks i will do all of that tomorrow! so far it does have a fresh tank of gas but ill try the rest. But would any of that even possibly fix a "rattle" at the bottom end of the engine

Way to loose valve clearance makes for a clickity clackity engine. You want some clickity clackity but you don't want it to be excessive. Heavily worn thin engine oil will make for a noisy engine. Bad weak gas can cause engine knock.

/

Old 05-22-2016, 09:34 PM   #8

Most of the original china bikes came stock geared low enough to tow 46 tons of rice, a 17 tooth front sprocket will help....
17 FRONT 45 OR 46 REAR IS REASONABLE

cHECK THE COIL WIRE IF IT IS HARD STALLING AS YOU SPEED UP

Old 05-22-2016, 09:42 PM   #9

Here is a link that looks pretty good for checking your valve lash/clearance. Again all engines are similar with only a few minor differences in accessing the valves and turning the engine over to the correct top dead center(TDC).

http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/sh...lve-Adjustment

/

Old 05-22-2016, 09:48 PM   #10

thanks for all the information hopefully this will help with a few issues will just have to find the valve specs of the lifan 200 and try it ill get back tomorrow with an update if i have time to work on it

Old 05-23-2016, 08:38 PM   #11

quick update did everything mentioned above. carb was pretty clean already but took out jets and all and cleaned everything i could. put in full synthetic oil checked the valves all went well. it seemed to be idling ok after i adjust the idle screw but the engine still stalled at higher rpms. i decided to check the plug was black so assumed running rich got a new plug put it in idle is set so it just barely stays running but idles without turning off. but tried riding it again still stalled and new plug was black already and extremely hard to kick start after this. so how would i got about leaning it out a little ive never worked on a bike carb at all. and the rattle is still there but seems to have settled down a bit or i just stalled it before i could hear it.

Old 05-23-2016, 08:59 PM   #12

Its all about YouTube. Tons of videos. Your idle speed should be +/-100 at 1500rpm. Search YouTube for Chinese motorcycle carb cleaning and adjustment etc. We need pictures of your bike and carb to be more specific.

The way you have it now sounds like your idle is set way to low.

/

Old 05-23-2016, 09:04 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adjuster View Post
Its all about YouTube. Tons of videos. Your idle speed should be +/-100 at 1500rpm. Search YouTube for Chinese motorcycle carb cleaning and adjustment etc. We need pictures of your bike and carb to be more specific.

The way you have it now sounds like your idle is set way to low.

/
ok ill try increasing it some tomorrow i assumed it should just be enough to hold idle like nitro rc's. not sure the carb type ill have to look again to dark now ill get back tomorrow and yeah i prob should check youtube some more just couldnt find one that looks quite like mine. thanks for the information!

Old 05-23-2016, 09:06 PM   #14

Check every single wire connection on the bike including all the hidden wires. With an emphasis on every wire having to do with the key switch, kill switch, cdi and coil including the spark plug wire. The bike shutting off at high rpm could be a loose connection from vibration. Unplug every plug, check the little metal pins and wires and apply dialectic grease before plugging back together. Do you have a Harbor Freight near you? I like this stuff. Also available online.

http://www.harborfreight.com/85-gram...dge-93744.html

/

Old 05-23-2016, 09:52 PM   #15

well thanks for all the help i appreciate it. but i just went out side for the hell of it to try and fix the idle was hard as hell to kick and once i got it ran for a minute set the idle and revved it once and the engine made a pop and shut off. and now its seized completely. so at this point i think im going to just buy a new lifan 200cc motor as this one seems to be that but unbadged. so my last question i hope lol is any recommended placed to get one? i was looking on pcc motor they seem to have the best price at $498 about shipped ill have to call them and see how long that wouldd take and check around about there rep if there isnt anywhere better to buy from.