Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pit/Pocket Bikes & Scooters
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-03-2016, 11:32 PM   #24

A couple of interesting developments. Got a refund from Dairyland insurance when they combined the scooter liability with my road bike's full coverage. The NC by itself was $400/yr and after adding the scooter it dropped about $20. I guess they count on me crashing the cheap scoot 50% of the time. :-)

Turbo fan test: I did a test route then tested the heat at the valve cover (it was accessible) with the 'turbo' fan. Average 156F in a few different spots. I did some other stuff, swapped back to the OEM fan and tested: 158F average. So too close to see a difference with my unscientfic method. I'm calling it a wash for now.

Did a couple of roller weight test runs and noted RPM:
12g sliders from before = 4.5K WOT
test kit average 10g rollers = 5k WOT
test kit average 8g rollers = 6k WOT
test kit average 6.5g rollers = 6k WOT <--- interesting

I assume the RPM should have gone up with the 6.5, but maybe my machine is not running optimally (fuel/air?) or something else keeping it from going over 6k. Pickup is noticeably stronger at 6k.

I also installed the new keyset. Ignition was trivial, the glovebox was a pain to get to. I can't get the seat release to pull far enough yet; might have to tweak the bracket.

Past: 2012 Honda NC700x, 2014 Taotao ATM-50-A1, 2014 Taotao Evo, 19?? Honda Spree 50, 1982 Katana 550