Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-11-2016, 10:48 AM   #29

Carb update

So two things really. Laurie towed the quad over to her sisters for me to work on it. I fixed the toe and camber after putting the better suspension on it, looks like it will be much better now. Oddly, she lost the seat on the freeway towing it over here! So now after all this work, she has no seat, not sure if ebay will have one, but i will look later on today.

I put the carb on and it fired right up! Bad news is it was going 3000 rpms and would not settle down. The adjuster screw did nothing. When i thumbed the gas it actually bogged it down and killed it. Since i have never once worked on a carb in my life this is a fun new experience, so my assumption is getting the same jets as 2LZ was maybe not the best for here in GA? IDK, but I will pull the jets and put the stock ones back in. Not sure why else it would do that. I did try adjusting the needle from the third groove to the last one (the top one) thinking it would close more of the fuel off, but no change. Looks like I may have to hit YouTube up for a tutorial on carbs. Something everyone should know and now its my time haha!