Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-02-2016, 01:23 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider View Post
That's a nice box, but I don't think a motorcycle would fit inside it.
Obviously, I shipped 3 Honda Groms inside this box. If you are going to do anything in life, you gotta do your best. Otherwise, what's the point?

Old 04-02-2016, 02:45 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eco Mouse View Post
Obviously, I shipped 3 Honda Groms inside this box. If you are going to do anything in life, you gotta do your best. Otherwise, what's the point?
Wow! That box must be a lot bigger than it looks!

Perhaps you can offer your expertise to CSC, and help them to design a better shipping crate. Nevertheless, this is the first instance I can remember of any damage occuring to an RX3 bike in the CSC shipping crate. Obviously, the shipping company was negligent.

Perhaps you can also express some disappointment for the new owner who received his damaged motorcycle.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 04-02-2016, 03:04 AM   #18

The Chinese make damn fine motorcycle and scooter crates already... this crate looks identical to the one my scooter came in.

Anyway, I'd be really bummed out if my new bike... that I've waited for so long to come, shows up like that. Totally disappointing... which is why I said their crate sucked. Carrier's fault/liability or not... that could have been prevented. When we ship things, we have to assume there's a gorilla in the back of every cargo truck. That wood box I showed I made... well, it's not so pretty anymore, after a New York trip and back.

Old 04-02-2016, 06:39 AM   #19

This really is distressing to see how flimsey of a crate CSC has used in packing the bike - this is nothing more than cardboard with a few wood re-inforcements - and if anything whatsoever went arwy in the shipping process, the crate, by its design, would not be able to properly protect the bike.

I will call Ryan at CSC today to make sure the quality of the crate my bike is being shipped in is of a better standard - even if I have to pay extra for it. I don't want the agravation that poor CS is going to have to deal with now that his bike is damaged.

I hold CSC equally accountable for this failure in the shipping process. Their 'free' shpping did not turn out to be so free afterall - it will cost the new owner lots of time and frustration before he is made whole once again.

IBA#65836

2005 BMW F650gs
2008 Yamaha XT250
2013 Yamaha XT250
2009 Suzuki Gladius

Old 04-02-2016, 08:37 AM   #20

Sorry that happened.
Shipping company has no excuse, I do not care if the box is reinforced cardboard. They should never even come close to piercing the box. This is careless workers not taking pride in there work.

Old 04-02-2016, 09:47 AM   #21

At least the damage is only cosmetic. The replacement bits will be easy to swap out.

When mine was shipped, the pallet was also fairly well damaged, but luckily the bike was not.

I conferred with someone at CSC at the time (I don't remember who) and suggested they consider a beefier pallet. But in the end, if the shipper abuses the shipment there's not much CSC can do to prevent it.

Good luck with your bike.

Cheers,

Dan K.

Dan's Motorcycle Blog - "Lost? I'm not lost. I'm just exploring. . ."

Old 04-02-2016, 10:04 AM   #22

snapped 2 x 4's ?

Hard to believe your bike was not damaged,
I mean LOOK AT THOSE SNAPPED 2 X 4'S. That pallet must have been dropped hard and that means the bike was too. Really disconcerting. CSC must get a better shipping company. If my TT250 comes mounted to a pallet that arrives in this condition, I will not take delivery.

Old 04-02-2016, 10:20 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanKearney View Post
At least the damage is only cosmetic. The replacement bits will be easy to swap out.

When mine was shipped, the pallet was also fairly well damaged, but luckily the bike was not.

Dan, in the places where the bottom rail broke, it looks like the spacing of a fork lift.

Perhaps lifted and then allowed to slam to the ground.

The CSC crates are definitely poorly constructed, and they charge $150. for them.

I suggested using heavy duty, reusable pallets but received little interest.

jb

Old 04-02-2016, 10:52 AM   #24

bike not damaged?

Dan, are you sure your new bike is not damaged? The forces required to break 2x4 lumber as shown in the photos are huge. All 3 stringers are snapped in multiple places as well as at least one of the 1x4 crossmembers. The center of the pallet has been pushed up quite noticeably while the wheels were tied down. How can you be sure the frame is not tweaked even just a bit? I'm a residential builder and the only time I see lumber broken as shown is when a backhoe drives over it. Your bike took one helluva jolt. I sincerely hope your new bike is OK! I am looking forward to my new TT and am sure CSC is going to deal with the shipping company.

Old 04-02-2016, 01:14 PM   #25

My bike is now registered and insured and I just rode it. Got off it and realize the entire rear bike is bent. Now I'm very upset and stuck with a loss. Great.

Old 04-02-2016, 01:20 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSaddict View Post
My bike is now registered and insured and I just rode it. Got off it and realize the entire rear bike is bent. Now I'm very upset and stuck with a loss. Great.
Really sorry to hear of your misfortune.

The shipper and/or CSC should have insurance to cover such events.

When I shipped my bike back to CSC, the shipping included $15,000 damage insurance.

jb

Old 04-02-2016, 01:32 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by motopat View Post
Dan, are you sure your new bike is not damaged? The forces required to break 2x4 lumber as shown in the photos are huge. All 3 stringers are snapped in multiple places as well as at least one of the 1x4 crossmembers. The center of the pallet has been pushed up quite noticeably while the wheels were tied down. How can you be sure the frame is not tweaked even just a bit? I'm a residential builder and the only time I see lumber broken as shown is when a backhoe drives over it. Your bike took one helluva jolt. I sincerely hope your new bike is OK! I am looking forward to my new TT and am sure CSC is going to deal with the shipping company.
No damage to my bike. About 5,000 miles on it so far.

Cheers,

Dan K.

Dan's Motorcycle Blog - "Lost? I'm not lost. I'm just exploring. . ."

Old 04-02-2016, 01:36 PM   #28

sorry to hear about damaged bikes during shipping, people have to stop trying to blame csc this is all about shipping company. they could make the pallet out of steel and it would be useless a fork truck in the hands of some one who is careless will do damage no matter what it is strapped to

Old 04-02-2016, 02:14 PM   #29

I also not sure why anyone thinks CSC is to blame for this. The shipper mis handled the crate. The pallet was solid and the bike was tied down great. I'm working with CSC and am fully confident this will all be squared away.

I've yet to see another company so attentive and willing to resovle issues. I hold them in very high regard!

Old 04-02-2016, 02:18 PM   #30

Not complaining about CSC at all. Everything I've read about them is fantastic, including customer service. And there looks to be enough lumber in that pallet to frame a small wall: really stout!! Great that you have no problems with the bike.