Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-2016, 03:32 PM   #1

odd carb

Finally getting back to the upgrades here. I put the honda recon shocks on, the TRX shocks with the reservoir will not clear the mounts unless i fabricated separate upper shock mounts which I am not interested in getting into doing. So I will list those back on Ebay.

The quad sits lower now and she likes that, it still sits higher than the 250 Recon that she also has, but I do not think the articulation of the suspension is going to rub on any body work. I also put the spacers on which of course makes it look proportionally correct. I was going to do the rear sprocket but did not have time after lock tightening everything down and I have yet to correct the "Toe" on the tie rod but we will not ride until next week possibly so I have time.

One thing that drives me CRAZY is the carb on this quad. I thought it was a PZ30 but it is a PZ27 as you can see. This goes against the information that was given by another post, so I REALLY want to get a mikuni or upgrade so that she no longer has long torturous hard starts with stalling all the time. Do I just jet this one or get a PZ 30 online?

I do not have the time to work on the dirt bikes and quads like most of you seem to have, but boy is it nice when I actually do get some stuff done. Looking forward to following all your posts and seeing what you are doing and possibly replicating on hers.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pz27carb.jpg (90.7 KB, 352 views)
File Type: jpg frontshock.jpg (90.8 KB, 348 views)
File Type: jpg rearshock.jpg (94.9 KB, 343 views)