Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-20-2016, 10:46 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider View Post
I'm sorry to say that wiring will not work properly. First of all, the headlight draws too much power; it is not safe to run the headlight directly from the ignition switch. Do you know which wire in the bike's wiring harness was originally used to power the headlight?
So should I put the wire back to the Battery and run the lights from the Battery like I had normal?

Old 03-20-2016, 11:06 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggy View Post
So should I put the wire back to the Battery and run the lights from the Battery like I had normal?
Yes.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 03-20-2016, 11:11 AM   #48

Quote:
So right now, My Horn is not working. The two green wires that came out of the New Switch were Light Green and Green. I connected the green wire to the male connector on the horn and the other light green wire to the other male connector. The green wire I connected that to the Ground Wires to the front of the bike.

So, when I turned on the Ignition to try everything out, I tried the horn and nothing happened. Its either the wires are in the wrong spots, or the horn is not getting power, or maybe the engine has to be on for the horn to work?...
Does your meter have a continuity tester? You need to verify where those two green wires are connected to your switch.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 03-20-2016, 11:14 AM   #49

Quote:
...The blinkers are working, they light up and each side is correct, the only thing is that the blinkers DO NOT blink. How do I fix this, would this be either the Yellow or Black Wire that is not connected to anything?
You need to purchase and install a signal flasher. See my post #19 of this thread.

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 03-20-2016, 11:17 AM   #50

Quote:
...The rear tail light, this is working when I turn the ignition switch on and only if my OLDER Right Light Switch is plugged in, if you need to know exactly what colors the OLDER LIGHT SWITCH is hooked up too let me know and ill tell you colors. If I unplug the OLD LIGHT switch, since I was trying to set it up for only using the OFF BUTTON to turn the Headlight off. When unplugged the Rear Taillight will go out. hmmm weird. Anyideas and how do I set it up either to have it run High Low, and OFF to over take my LEFT SWITCH Lights etc. Or how do I remove my OLDER LIGHT SWITCH but making sure my rear taillight will still work.
Yes, I need to know the wire colors, and the connections for those wires.

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 03-20-2016, 11:19 AM   #51

[QUOTE=Diggy;208028]
Trigger Finger that has the BLACK and YELLOW wires hooked to it, no idea what it really does, someone said it will flash HIGH BEAMS, but whats so great about this since I will be using HIGH BEAMS all the time if I'm driving on the Road...[/quore]

That's correct. You don't need the passing light switch.

Quote:
...My Low/High beam work great, no problems there, I kinda did find a shut off button for this, not to sure if its going to really work, but what I do is, I move the Button slow between the LOW/HIGH area right in the middle and the lights shut off. So that's great, maybe when I'm driving it will pop up or down to turn on, but it does work.

This is all the info I know for now, and I need some help for the next tests. So I can complete this setup.

Thanks a lot!
I'm glad to hear your headlight is working. However, do make sure to power the headlight directly from the battery.

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 03-20-2016, 01:16 PM   #52

Quote:
You need to purchase and install a signal flasher. See my post #19 of this thread.
Great thanks Spud.

So I was out side and move some wires around.

So my old Baja basic wiring harness I got with the headlight. It connects to the battery, I get a Blue and Red wire going to the rear taillight, and then its swings backup to the front connecting the headlight and switch etc. I took the Blue/White Strip wire from the NEW SWITCH off the Ignition wire and connected straight the the battery, this is a test right now.. Maybe instead of straight to the battery I shoud connect it to the Red Wire baja harness that connects the front/Rear lights/ battery. This red wire also has a fuse attached to it. I left the Grey Wire to the ignition switch, GOOD IDEA? or connect it with the Red Wire? Baja harness, problem there is that I don't have access to shut it off etc, this is where I am stuck. I'm not to sure on how to do this...

The horn, did u want me to take the switch apart to see where this Light Green Wire and Green wires go?

Last edited by Diggy; 03-20-2016 at 03:35 PM.

Old 03-20-2016, 03:00 PM   #53

Flashers

Okay so I got two flashers, hopfully one of them will work. Ill send the pics please tell me if any of these will work, I picked them up at Canadian Tire, One was 10 bucks and the other one with the smaller pins that's says LED was 20 Bucks. So my Blinkers wont flash and maybe this will fix the problem, if anyone knows how to do this please help.

I know on one flasher it shows =,+,0 or 8, L indicating what pin does what I believe.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg New.jpg (94.9 KB, 112 views)
File Type: jpg new2.jpg (90.0 KB, 123 views)

Old 03-20-2016, 03:37 PM   #54

Quote:
Great thanks Spud.

So I was out side and move some wires around.

So my old Baja basic wiring harness I got with the headlight. It connects to the battery, I get a Blue and Red wire going to the rear taillight, and then its swings backup to the front connecting the headlight and switch etc. I took the Blue/White Strip wire off and connected straight the the battery, this is a test right now.. Maybe instead of straight to the battery I shoud connect it to the Red Wire baja harness that connects the front/Rear lights/ battery. This red wire also has a fuse attached to it. I left the Grey Wire to the ignition switch, GOOD IDEA? or connect it with the Red Wire? Baja harness, problem there is that I don't have access to shut it off etc, this is where I am stuck. I'm not to sure on how to do this...

The horn, did u want me to take the switch apart to see where this Light Green Wire and Green wires go?
Yes, connect the blue/white wire to the red Baja wire which feeds the front/rear lights, and is powered by the battery. It is excellent that this wire also has a fuse.

You can feed the red Baja wire to your on/off switch, then connect the on/off switch to the blue/white wire going to your new, headlight switch.

Yes, disassemble the switch and determine which wires connect to the horn.

It is well you have the grey wire connected to the ignition switch. Now you need to insert the flasher relay between the ignition switch, and the grey wire leading to your turn signal switch, as shown below.

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 03-20-2016, 03:49 PM   #55

Quote:
Yes, connect the blue/white wire to the red Baja wire which feeds the front/rear lights, and is powered by the battery. It is excellent that this wire also has a fuse.

You can feed the red Baja wire to your on/off switch, then connect the on/off switch to the blue/white wire going to your new, headlight switch.

Yes, disassemble the switch and determine which wires connect to the horn.

It is well you have the grey wire connected to the ignition switch. Now you need to insert the flasher relay between the ignition switch, and the grey wire leading to your turn signal switch, as shown below.

Ok this is good start so far, now going back to my OLD LIGHT SWITCH that has the HIGH,LOW and OFF OPTIONS on the switch. I'm having troubles trying to locate the wire or wires that would operate the OFF position.

Old 03-20-2016, 04:01 PM   #56

Quote:
Okay so I got two flashers, hopfully one of them will work. Ill send the pics please tell me if any of these will work, I picked them up at Canadian Tire, One was 10 bucks and the other one with the smaller pins that's says LED was 20 Bucks. So my Blinkers wont flash and maybe this will fix the problem, if anyone knows how to do this please help.

I know on one flasher it shows =,+,0 or 8, L indicating what pin does what I believe.

The 2-pin HD12 flasher will not work. It is a thermal flasher, and it not designed for LED turn signals.

Return the Tridon EP29, and exchange it for a Tridon EP28. The wiring will be much simpler with the EP28. Better yet, get an LED flasher with only 2 connectors.

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 03-20-2016, 04:06 PM   #57

Quote:
Ok this is good start so far, now going back to my OLD LIGHT SWITCH that has the HIGH,LOW and OFF OPTIONS on the switch. I'm having troubles trying to locate the wire or wires that would operate the OFF position.
Then junk the old switch, and substitute a simple on/off switch in its place. Better yet, take your old switch and your multimeter to Canadian tire, and ask them to tell you how to wire the old switch as a simple on/off switch.

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 03-21-2016, 12:51 PM   #58

Quote:
Then junk the old switch, and substitute a simple on/off switch in its place. Better yet, take your old switch and your multimeter to Canadian tire, and ask them to tell you how to wire the old switch as a simple on/off switch.

Yes Sir!

Old 03-21-2016, 02:08 PM   #59

Spud!!!

Quote:
The 2-pin HD12 flasher will not work. It is a thermal flasher, and it not designed for LED turn signals.

Return the Tridon EP29, and exchange it for a Tridon EP28. The wiring will be much simpler with the EP28. Better yet, get an LED flasher with only 2 connectors.
So I got this Flasher for free, or I can wait till tomorrow and pick up a flasher from the motorbike store and he said it will be in tomorrow maybe.

Can I use this 28 one for the flashers, if so is it complicated to hook it up? So this one has 3 connectors.. hmmm

Heres the pic, let me know..

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 28.jpg (93.5 KB, 111 views)

Old 03-21-2016, 02:36 PM   #60

Quote:
So I got this Flasher for free, or I can wait till tomorrow and pick up a flasher from the motorbike store and he said it will be in tomorrow maybe.

Can I use this 28 one for the flashers, if so is it complicated to hook it up? So this one has 3 connectors.. hmmm

Heres the pic, let me know..

Free is the best price.

Yes, the Tridon EP28 should work well. The '+' terminal connects to a power wire coming from your ignition switch, or the battery. The '-' terminal connects to the frame for a ground. The 'L' terminal connects to the grey wire leading to your turn signal switch.

After connecting the flasher in the above manner, you turn signals should blink properly.

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220