Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-15-2015, 05:14 AM   #76

Great pictures!! Thanks for sharing. I love Salento. I think it has to be my favorite city in Colombia. Valle de Cocora, home to the tallest palm trees in the world, is beautiful and all of the coffee farms make that area a perfect destination. Im jealous and ready to get my moto back so I can do some traveling too!

Old 12-20-2015, 05:30 PM   #77

Anyone following the blog posts from Colombia?? He´s doing a great job showing the beauty and diversity of Colombia.

http://californiascooterco.com/blog/

Old 12-20-2015, 06:38 PM   #78

Indeed, I am following the CSC Blog reports from Colombia. Joe is an excellent writer and photographer; I am enjoying his posts very much.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 12-21-2015, 12:02 AM   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider View Post
Indeed, I am following the CSC Blog reports from Colombia. Joe is an excellent writer and photographer; I am enjoying his posts very much.
++1

Old 12-21-2015, 12:26 AM   #80

Colombia hazards

Wife & I both laughed at the animal warning signs. Then again, Colombia doesn't have signs warning of Bison crossing.

Old 12-22-2015, 02:08 PM   #81

Send a message via Skype™ to adriansk8
Thumbs Up CSC Blog reports from Colombia

If I followed closely CSC 's blog , from the first day I've been there reading and watching each very glad that make the trip in my beautiful country published photos.
Stay tuned to Joe's comments with reference to the technical differences CYCLONE RX3 and AKT ADVENTOUR

Greetings Riders !

Old 12-22-2015, 02:30 PM   #82
Banned

So who in Columbia is willing to take PayPal payment from me for a headlight guard and then send to me in the States?
Name your cost within reason!

Old 12-22-2015, 07:19 PM   #83

Headlight Guard

Guys (and Gals):

I spent the day in the AKT Moto plant with their GM. Watch the CSC blog in a few days for video and photos. Too tired to post tonight, but I will once I am home.

And that headlight guard you (and I) saw and liked so much on the AKT bike...stand by...you might be surprised. My visit today wasn't just a social call (even though the lunch in Medellin with AKT senior management and the guys from Zongshen was a lot of fun).

Joe

Last edited by CSCDude; 12-22-2015 at 09:16 PM.

Old 12-22-2015, 08:39 PM   #84

That's good news, CSCdude. That's a nice headlight guard!

More pics of the guard here - http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=15541

2015 CSC red RX3 with 19" front wheel, Shinko 804/805, skid plate, tall seat, 13T/45T sprockets, progressive shock, Winyoochanok windshield, GENSSI LED headlight, SW-Motech tankbag, Shorai Lithium battery
2014 Ural Patrol

Old 12-22-2015, 09:10 PM   #85

X2; that's very good news, Joe. Perhaps you can negotiate the availability of other nice accessories from Colombia, such as a muffler, pannier racks, et cetera.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 12-22-2015, 09:22 PM   #86

Joe, I like that number tag on your chest. Both you and CSC are #1 in my book. Safe travels and have a great Christmas my friend.

2016 CanAm Spyder F3-L

Old 12-23-2015, 12:16 PM   #87

Joe, Great blog/ride report from Columbia. Very entertaining and wonderful pictures. Making me anxious and excited for the Baja run. Can't wait.

Hope the see the headlight cage soon for the RX3 and TT.

Rojo

Old 12-23-2015, 06:18 PM   #88

Back in black!

Well its been a long two weeks so its now time for an update. As you all know the mechanic at the AKT service center found a hairline crack in my engine case. They contacted AKT´s main facility in Medellin to discuss the options for a repair/replacement. I also contacted AKT directly starting with private messages on their Facebook page. I had posted on their page before and they had replied in English so I thought that would be a good place to start. (if you hadn´t read it yet...I dont speak Spanish...yes, I live in Colombia and dont speak Spanish...dont judge me...LOL) AKT replied right away and asked me to forward a letter to them outlining my issues. I sent them a letter via email and a customer service representative contacted me within an hour or two. He said they received my letter and would look into the issue. Now keep in mind Colombia has some of the friendliest people in the world but some of the worst customer service I have ever seen and I have a 20 year background in customer service. To make a long story short AKT provided me with world class customer service. When the representative told me he was going to call me....he did. With or without an answer he called and said they were still working on it or they have made a decision. He kept me informed every step of the way. He was extremely polite and always professional. His English was excellent and he made me one very happy customer during a difficult time. AKT worked closely with the service center here in my city. AKT took the decision to replace my motorcycle and offered me a choice of colors from the inventory their main dealer here had on hand. I could choose black or brown. Although the white is beautiful and always my first choice the black looks great. AKT handled all of the processing with the dealer here and all I had to do was go and sign documents to complete the process. Finally today I received a call that everything was complete and I could pick up the new bike. AKT had my topcase removed from the other bike and delivered to the dealer for installation on the new bike. A small detail but very much appreciated since I had just had the decals installed recently. The new bike is running great. I think the only thing it needs is a carb adjustment. Im getting a lot of engine popping during deceleration but other than that it is so nice to be back in the saddle again. I want to thank Felipe at AKT Medellin for the excellent customer service and attention to detail in everything he did while handling my issues. It truly was world class customer service. Also the technician, Jhon, at the AKT service center, Maxi Motors, here in Villavicencio. He and Richard took excellent care of me during every visit to their shop. They were polite and professional and always trying to keep me happy, even with the language barrier. The AKT Adventour 250 TT is an amazing motorcycle. I love the power, the seating position, the ergonomics, literally everything about the bike is exactly what I want in a motorcycle. I know there are a lot of skeptics about Chinese bikes and a lot of skeptics about AKT bikes here in Colombia but I can now say from experience that this is an incredible motorcycle and even with the issues i had AKT stood behind their product and did what was right to make a customer happy. Thank you AKT & Maxi Motors Villavicencio.

I hope all of you guys have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. I hope to now start posting more in ride reports. Maybe not as good as Joe's blog on the CSC site but I will do what I can. Take care and stay safe!!

Name:  20151223_132425.jpg
Views: 314
Size:  96.6 KB

Name:  20151223_134157.jpg
Views: 305
Size:  100.4 KB

Name:  20151223_134345.jpg
Views: 298
Size:  99.4 KB

Old 12-23-2015, 06:58 PM   #89

Great outcome for you DaytonaMike. I'm glad the importers are going the extra mile for everyone that has issues with their bikes. You also have a safe and happy Christmas and New Years down there and we will love to see your ride reports since some of us are stuck inside with snow outside. rj

Old 12-23-2015, 06:59 PM   #90

The black bike looks great.

Thanks for reporting the superb customer service from AKT. The Zongshen RX3 is a great little motorcycle, and it will only become more popular when it is supported with such excellent customer service.

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Tags
adventour, akt tt, akt tt 250, colombia