Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2015, 08:31 PM   #1

Hawk shifter/pegs

So I tried to go out on my motocross boots but could not get my toe under the shifter at all. I adjusted the shifter up to the point to where it could shift up but not hit the case. I need to find a shifter that sticks out farther and is longer than stock but the I can't seem to find those specs on any of the the websites they just say there for specific bikes. I could also try lower pegs . Any information on either of these would be appreciated.

Last edited by TXDSRIDER; 11-11-2015 at 09:51 PM.

Old 11-11-2015, 10:34 PM   #2

Try searching on eBay, with generic search terms (like "dirt bike shifter"). You'll eventually find one from China with a pronounced dog's leg for cheap.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 11-15-2015, 02:16 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXDSRIDER View Post
So I tried to go out on my motocross boots but could not get my toe under the shifter at all. I adjusted the shifter up to the point to where it could shift up but not hit the case. I need to find a shifter that sticks out farther and is longer than stock but the I can't seem to find those specs on any of the the websites they just say there for specific bikes. I could also try lower pegs . Any information on either of these would be appreciated.
This one will work. Unless you have exceptionally thick MC boot soles. It has about 1.5" greater reach and 1" offset over the stock lever.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/371437493889...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

However, because the bolt head is on the top rather than the bottom the install requires you to take the front sprocket cover plate off to install. Not a big deal just two 8mm bolts.

The various aluminum (multi-colored) shifters on ebay also work, but are about 3/4" shorter.Albeit color coordinating with the bike. Look for ones with the 155 mm reach.

The shifter shaft spline is 11mm.