Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2007, 03:24 PM   #1

The final straw!!!

Went out for a ride this afternoon, hadn't been out long and the gearbox starts making a big noise. Only in 6th gear with the power on, so I came home without using 6th gear and dropped the oil. Most of a gear tooth came out with the oil. So after 51 weeks and 7500 miles of Chinese bike ownership I'm off back to my reliable East European 2 strokes.

Jonathan.

Old 10-21-2007, 03:31 PM   #2

I know where you are coming from Jonathan! My new 2006 QLink has been at the dealership for over 6 weeks. I got a call from them yesterday and they are trying to blame me for the bent frame. Asking me if it was purchased in the crate and goofy questions about when I noticed the damagae, why did I wait to bring it in, why didn't I contact the original dealer, etc... I'm just about sick of it! If they don't replace the frame and swingarm soon, I will part out another chinese motorcycle. That's going to do it for me!

I hate to do it because I liked that little bike!

SamM
2017 Coleman CT200U
1978 Yamaha SR500E
1979 Yamaha XS650 Special II

Old 10-21-2007, 09:23 PM   #3

I dont feel al chinabikes are bad. You just have to go over then alittle better then other makes.

Old 10-21-2007, 09:30 PM   #4

Quote:
So after 51 weeks and 7500 miles of Chinese bike ownership I'm off back to my reliable East European 2 strokes.
Sorry to hear about your gearbox. I don't suppose warranty is still available?

"The beatings will continue until moral improves"

Old 10-21-2007, 11:58 PM   #5

I'm losing my cool, too. (this thread is becoming a gripe session from Chinese owners!!)

After the original engine gave out on the Jetmoto, and the bike sat for over a year, I purchased a brand new Lifan engine...and that engine's tranny went out!!

I think for the sake of cost, I will try the higher end Chinese bikes, such as the United Motors enduro/supermotard or the really cool Qlink XF200 (from Qingqi with its Suzuki-based engine). The Japanese 200/250's are either not exciting enough (i.e. DR200/TW200/XT225) and are too expensive, or are really cool and too expensive (KLX250).

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 10-22-2007, 04:00 AM   #6

I don't want to give the wrong impression, overall I'm still reasonably happy with it, also you have to bear in mind that the crush drive was removed at about 1000 miles, so any transmission failures may be due to the extra stress. Some years ago I had a Russian 2 stroke Trail Bike, it was soon very obvious I was fighting a losing battle to keep it going. It was badly built out of poorly machined parts, I believe that the Chinese must improve to be taken seriously. I for one wouldn't mind paying more for a better product with decent spares support. At the moment Chinese bikes are cheap weekend toys, which is the use about 90% of the owners on this forum put them to, with some small improvements they could easily be cheap, functional everyday transport, a sector of the market that the East Europeans had sewn up for many years.

Jonathan.

Old 10-22-2007, 07:53 AM   #7

cz, that's really crummy. I wonder if it WAS the clutch cush delete?? They must have put it in there for a reason?? Anyway, hope you find a more reliable ride, and best of luck.

Current Chinabikes: 2023 Titan DLX & 2021 Lifan KP Mini w/ 210cc BRT kit, 22 HP!

Old 10-22-2007, 08:17 AM   #8

Quote:
I wonder if it WAS the clutch cush delete?? They must have put it in there for a reason??
I always assumed it was intended to improve the ride, perhaps its more important than that?

"The beatings will continue until moral improves"

Old 10-22-2007, 12:22 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostbite
Quote:
I wonder if it WAS the clutch cush delete?? They must have put it in there for a reason??
I always assumed it was intended to improve the ride, perhaps its more important than that?
I wonder if the bigger 250cc motor has some weird vibration that would warrant a way of softening the blow to the tranny?? Six speeds inside that little tranny case must mean stuff is borderline in there to begin with. Heck, you only need 5 gears anyway, RUN IT!!!!!

Current Chinabikes: 2023 Titan DLX & 2021 Lifan KP Mini w/ 210cc BRT kit, 22 HP!

Old 10-22-2007, 03:11 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune
I'm losing my cool, too. (this thread is becoming a gripe session from Chinese owners!!)

After the original engine gave out on the Jetmoto, and the bike sat for over a year, I purchased a brand new Lifan engine...and that engine's tranny went out!!

I think for the sake of cost, I will try the higher end Chinese bikes, such as the United Motors enduro/supermotard or the really cool Qlink XF200 (from Qingqi with its Suzuki-based engine). The Japanese 200/250's are either not exciting enough (i.e. DR200/TW200/XT225) and are too expensive, or are really cool and too expensive (KLX250).
Well, today "Cybertrons" Qingqi killed itself...
Apparently all of the engine oil splashed out of the engine and all over the bike while he was riding. The engine was completely dead.
I hope he reports what actually happended.
This is the first Qingqi I heard of with engine problems.

Old 10-22-2007, 03:50 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by CathastrophiX

Well, today "Cybertrons" Qingqi killed itself...
Apparently all of the engine oil splashed out of the engine and all over the bike while he was riding. The engine was completely dead.
I hope he reports what actually happended.
This is the first Qingqi I heard of with engine problems.
He probably won't tell us. He was so proud of his bike! Are Suzukis known for such problems?

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 10-22-2007, 04:38 PM   #12

I use my shineray every day. no problems, it gets more use then the poor benz

Old 10-22-2007, 07:10 PM   #13

I have to say I Have a upper line Roketa quad and I rag it hard. I dont have any problems With it. I will also be racing it in quad scrambles as soon as I can get time to install my kill lanyard lol. People just have to look over what they are going to get hard. I am a very happy owner with my bike. I also relize that I will be beating the heck out of my bike and stuff will break.

Old 10-22-2007, 08:33 PM   #14

czowner wrote something profound that shouldn't get lost. I too would pay a little more, to get a little more. I'm happy with my purchase, even if my bike died tomorrow. But I would have payed more for a better bike, and be even more happy. In Toronto a new entry level bike is about 7000$. 4500$ for a cbr125. (I'd like something bigger than that.) There seams to be no middle ground in price. No matter what a used bike looks like you can never be sure of what problems you are getting into, and no warranty.

So talking new, either I pay 6000-7000$ for a big 4 bike, or get a chinabike for 1500$. There is a market for the middle ground. Like the vw bug. Cheap and reliable. Just MHO :roll:

Old 10-23-2007, 08:52 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostbite
Quote:
It's to protect the tranny from shock loading on the street (or any hard surface) , like hitting a bump large enough to cause the wheel to loose traction and then suddenly grab.