Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2014, 10:44 PM   #31

Looks great! So close to pulling the trigger on a China bike.. Victim of workplace downsizing. (yeah, that's still happening.) Work week hours slashed in half.. Nice to have these boards to keep the idea alive.

..good stuff here.

Old 09-09-2014, 02:12 PM   #32

I just got back from camping, I was able to get it inside my 5th wheel.. lol

The number of people who thought it was a Kawasaki is amazing.. Then I tell em what it was and what I paid.. THUD!! Instant jaw drop.

Honestly, I love this bike.. 62mph with the wife on back. Not much difference from solo really. So far it's been a great move for me.

I bought it from here.. as I see people asking.. not associated with these guys, please remove link if not allowed.
1995 Harley Davidson Chopper build from ground up.
1983 Yamaha XJ900 REBUILT!
1971 Triumph Daytona 500 - Restored
1987 Yamaha FJ1200

Old 09-09-2014, 02:40 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by dossbag View Post
I just got back from camping, I was able to get it inside my 5th wheel.. lol

The number of people who thought it was a Kawasaki is amazing.. Then I tell em what it was and what I paid.. THUD!! Instant jaw drop.

Honestly, I love this bike.. 62mph with the wife on back. Not much difference from solo really. So far it's been a great move for me.

I bought it from here.. as I see people asking.. not associated with these guys, please remove link if not allowed.
That's the reason I dodn't buy a fifth wheel, so I could carry bikes in the box of the truck. Glad to hear you found a work-around.

Thanks for posting the link. Please feel free to post whatever links you think might be helpful, but especially links to good dealers.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 09-14-2014, 10:10 AM   #34

Loading the bike into a 5th wheel

Here is the vid of the bike going in.. Pretty awkward and my glasses fell of my hat LOL but I got it in there. Getting it out was pretty easy at the site, but the ramp was at a much steeper angle. Some people helped me get it back in.. I had to push a picnic table up to the steps and do it from that lol, glad the site owner didn't see that.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg s-034.jpg (62.1 KB, 341 views)
File Type: jpg s-038.jpg (59.3 KB, 338 views)
File Type: jpg s-039.jpg (54.9 KB, 366 views)
1995 Harley Davidson Chopper build from ground up.
1983 Yamaha XJ900 REBUILT!
1971 Triumph Daytona 500 - Restored
1987 Yamaha FJ1200

Old 09-14-2014, 12:14 PM   #35

That's impressive. Bravo!

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 09-14-2014, 12:35 PM   #36

Very cool.

Can you weld? Could you build a bike hauler that mounts to the frame at the back of the trailer?

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 09-14-2014, 12:37 PM   #37

Also, the Ken Sean folding mirrors that Spud introduced us to would be a good idea when trying to get your bike into the trailer.

Old 09-14-2014, 05:34 PM   #38

I was going to suggest the Ken Sean/Bikemaster folding mirrors myself, but I was heading out the door to church.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 10-02-2014, 07:54 PM   #39

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by dossbag View Post
I'll be looking for a smaller rear sprocket, or maybe a 1 tooth + on the front. It needs just a little more, and the bottom end can handle it easily, in fact I start off in 2nd mostly now. And now here is the not so good.

The vent in the tank, pumps gas out if you fill right up, as the breather hole is submerged and it just pours out through the cap. And as you see... the paint isn't fuel proof. I have a claim in for that. Not too hopeful, but I'll keep you posted. Also the shield bracket was poorly welded (tacked) on.. I have a claim for that too, although it's a relitively easy fix, I want to see how they respond. I plan on replacing the rear shock too. I have one on order. More on that when it arrives..
My 2005 Kinroad 200 GY-1 needed a few more miles of top speed so a few days ago my local mechanic installed this 43 tooth rear sprocket designed for a 150 cc 2012 Honda Cargo, now i can cruise at 60 mph confortably, maybe I´ll install a smaller one maybe 40 tooth? maybe ...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20141002_153357.jpg (89.6 KB, 416 views)

Old 10-02-2014, 10:25 PM   #40

I had to Google Honda Cargo. Nice looking bike.

You'll reach a point where the engine won't make enough torque to carry you any faster, and you're nearing that point. What size is your countershaft sprocket?

Old 10-02-2014, 11:55 PM   #41

I had a custom-made 40 tooth on my old TMEC 200, and I could not use 5th gear much anymore. I would like to make a 44 for this bike, because that might just about be the largest gear it will take and still work. My 48 tooth has improved the bike from the stock 56, but I am still going through 2 or 3 gears getting through big intersections. I am oftentimes trying to shift into 6th gear, but then realize there is no 6th gear! . My counter-sprocket is already a 17...

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 10-03-2014, 12:11 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
I had to Google Honda Cargo. Nice looking bike.

You'll reach a point where the engine won't make enough torque to carry you any faster, and you're nearing that point. What size is your countershaft sprocket?
Weld the countershaft sprocket is stock, and i don´t know the size, I will find out, and will take in consideration your advice.
BTW, just to let you know I paid 15 USD for the rear sprocket, installed, brand new, but due to swingarm play the chain came off, and damaged the sprocket bushing protectors, anyway that´s their function.

Old 10-03-2014, 01:10 AM   #43

I noticed the damage. Thanks for the explanation. Your new bushings should prevent further trouble.

$15 for a rear sprocket is really cheap! I'd be lucky to get it for under $25, and I'd have to install it.

Old 10-03-2014, 02:07 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post

$15 for a rear sprocket is really cheap! I'd be lucky to get it for under $25, and I'd have to install it.
There was a guy just across the border in Algodones, Baja Mexico who fixed motorcycles for cheap (the town of Algodones is in same Mexican state as Lucien lives in). I had blown my engine on my old Jetmoto 200 (at least I thought I had, and chinariders did not have the likes of you, Weld, Doc, Spud, and other regulars who can diagnose and talk someone through repairs) so I ordered a new Lifan 200cc (the Jetmoto 200 was a Zongshen) off of Ebay, had a friend who was given an old, wrecked GSX 750, drive my bike and his bike in the back of his pickup, across the border, to get repaired. The Mexican customs official gave me and my friend a hard time because the mechanic's business cards stated he was a musician (he did that on the side) so they thought or hinted they believed, we were trying to smuggle bikes across the border, especially as my engine was still in the box. In other words, we were selling the bikes and parts and trying to avoid Mexican tariffs. Once we convinced them we were legitimate, the mechanic installed my engine for $75 and some beer (he was very heavy on the drinking!!). I was able to ride it home the next day. My friend's bike took a few weeks, although a few weeks after mine, we crossed the border to check on his bike's progress, and we saw the mechanic riding it around town! It still wasn't fixed completely, but enough the guy was showing it off, LOL. My friend only had to pay him a few hundred dollars for all the work he had done to get his running (plus joy-riding, LOL). I can guess it would have been up to near $1000 in the US for what he had to get done (which would have still been a good deal considering he paid $0 for the non-running bike).

In fact, I should take a ride to see if he still lives there because he was a good mechanic! He was very familiar with the Mexican branded Chinese bikes--Italika.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 10-03-2014, 10:22 AM   #45

Good story! I laughed at the image of the mechanic riding a customer's bike around town.

I'm betting that your work ID helps you to convince the border guard that you're on the level.