Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-07-2013, 02:00 PM   #1

50cc Wiring and Spark Plug

Hi There,

Iam new to the site, and was having some trouble finding the answers I am looking for:
1) What type of North American Spark Plug can i use in my 50cc GIO atv? YL80Z (or YL802) I found the spark plugh guide for the YL200 but not sure if that will be too hot or not for this little atv.
2) I was not very smart and removed all the wiring connectors when I removed the plastics and now am having trouble figuring out which wire goes where. I have found a wiring diagram on this site, but the colors are different and it has a few different features that mine does not. (my wiring is original as I bought this from the original owner who has not done any work on the atv.

I would appreciate any help you can offer! I am very confused re the wiring!

Thank you
Warren

Old 05-07-2013, 03:44 PM   #2

Do you have the original spark plug? Read the numbers on it & there should be an interchange for different manufacturers. I want to say the factory one is A7TC.

The wiring harness should be very easy to hook up as long as you haven't cut the pigtails off. Most only plug into one spot. There are a couple of oddballs though. How many wires come out of your CDI? I'm also rewiring a quad at the moment. Had to take a harness from my parts quad because my other one was cut up too bad to tell what went where.

Old 05-07-2013, 04:10 PM   #3

I have the original spark plug, so i will take a closer look at it.

The wiring harness is still in tact, the pigtails with 3 wires are not hard to figure out, but there are 4 pigtails with 2 wires each and they all fit together. That's where my issue is because the wires are all different colors on both sides of the pig tails.
I will look at the CDI box when i get home and let you know what i find! I have not found a diagram that works so far because not all the colors match up.

Thanks for your help so far!

Warren

Old 05-08-2013, 01:16 AM   #4

Welcome Warren!

Is your quad a two or four stroke? Got pics?

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 05-10-2013, 03:50 PM   #5

W&G, the yl802 is a four stroke 50cc. Let's see if I can help out here. The two wire plug ins SHOULD be for brakes, handlebars, headlight, kill switch. Here is what I'm coming up with, hopefully you have the same harness colors.

Plug #1 - yellow/red & yellow/green - handlebar starter button
Plug #2 - yellow/green & black - brake switch
Plug #3 - orange & blue - Headlights
Plug #4 - black/white & green - rear cutoff

Solid green is almost always ground for some reason. The colors may not be the same on yours, but those parts that I listed above are what should need to be reconnected. If it's your coil, then you are looking at black/yellow to one side & green to the other. There also might be a relay with yellow/red & green, but not sure on 50cc. Hope I didn't confuse you, but I tried to list the common two wire plugs for you.